Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I subscribed to CBS access for Picard but there's only 3 episodes currently so I quickly moved on to Discovery. I'm surprised how excellent the production quality is since it's a web series. The props, costumes, sets, CGI, etc. are vastly improved over the previous TV shows. It's also really fun seeing Captain Pike being a cool dude in his prime. What a silver fox!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 2, 2000

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I'm rolling my eyes at the explanation for all the F-bombs the show likes to drop being about how, y'know, modern day people swear, so clearly this far flung sci-fi setting needs to swear just like we do.

Like, I just roll with it, whatever, I don't care. But that is such a stupid rationale for such a dumb change that only makes them feel like try-hards.
One thing I don't like about Discovery and Picard is that people seem more selfish, neurotic, mean, and immature. TNG still had drama and sometimes anger but the people in Starfleet had gone through a second Renaissance and entered a post-scarcity society and you could really feel it in their personalities. The characters on the new shows seem just as messed up as current humans, like that evolution in culture never happened.

Aug 2, 2000

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I always knew a Borg Cube was one bass drop away from a killer rave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4ApQrbhQp8