Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Seriously, this may be an outpost made up of refugees, but they're refugees from The Romulan Star Empire, clearly including even the most highly ranked members of said society, and refugees that were ferried there by the goddamn Federation.

They would have had REPLICATORS, even just a handful of them.

You give a colony outpost, no matter the reason for its existence, barring the most aggressively primitivist origins, a single goddamn replicator, and you are eventually going to have an entire planet full of high technology, particularly given that this society is made up of highly educated, technologically capable people.

Seriously, that outpost should have looked like any other Romulan outpost within a few weeks or months of settling there. Fricking SUBNAUTICA (which I love dearly and only used the 'fricking' adjective on here because it's a tiny indie title) did a better job of 'what would a tiny set of (or single) stranded person with a working replicator (which would have had way more options than the Alterran fabricator in the lifepod) look like with a few months of work', featuring massive sprawling shiny high-tech seabases all over a largely hostile inactive volcano caldera, while this goddamn planet (which appears to be lacking dangerous indigenous life and having plenty of natural resources and an overall pleasant northern Californian biome) full of first-generation Romulans refugees with replicator technology looks like a metaphorical refugee from some lovely '90s Renegade episode set in a comically small town just south of the Mexican border or something.

I mean, it's a tiny further example in a sea of them, but come the gently caress on, you ham-handed bastards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Giggs posted:

The Great Vajazzle

Oh thank god, it wasn't just me

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

evilmiera posted:

Heck random pregnant Romulan lady that was together with Raffi's son was a better character, and I don't even remember if she had any lines.

First, I agree, second, I thought she was Vulcan, myself. I know it's all ROMULANS ROMULANS ROMULANS, but that was just the vibe I got. Could be wrong, I was just a bit surprised to see everybody that mentioned her think otherwise.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

I haven't watched this show yet. Should I watch it?

That's a question with a lot of potential answers.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Frog Act posted:

I've never heard of mr plinkett or watched anything from RLM but, despite the goofy voice, it's really heartening to see other people outside of these forums who found nutrek totally intolerable. i couldn't get through picard and gave up after three episodes of romulan kung fu

ed: man this video is really good, I love the way he uses clips from voyager and other shows to really contrast the awfulness of the new shows. but what really gets me are these storyboards. it could have been interesting!

I don't want to ruin it for you, but those storyboards were drawn by Freddie Williams II, a comicbook artist and friend of the RLM crew.

They were never real, save for in your mind and our hearts.