Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Fallows posted:

I didnt know Romulans could be so hot

didnt you see the episode where the alien says we're all from the same dna

shes like, your sister, dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

true

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

the prime directive is basically just "do no harm" in space
it's meant to show that in the future we're educated and enlightened and unified as a species beyond individual ambition,

,you dumb bastard slime animals, its not the future yet, bat lords

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

star trek died helping others during the superbowl

say hello to baby star trek

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

captain picard is a prickard

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

still lolling at the guy who said "star trek isnt supposed to be a utopia" and that the current political climate is too different from the (checks notes) cuban missile crisis and cold war

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

what a piece of space trash

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

game of thrones planet

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Just a huge plague of Jonathan Frakeses wearing touristy berets and blaring trombones pouring out of a Paris travel agency for hours until technicians can reset the network.

ffuck im cuming

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

jesus christ people actually like this...?

Star Trek: Picard, Reviews

92% Rotten Tomatoes
8.4/10 IMDb
8/10 GameSpot

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

if we're going full tilt into idiocracy,

then i want to see captian dave letterman of the u.s.s. pants

make it happen cbs

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Ill sit on this hill called The Naked Now with my legs resting on the other hill called The Code of Honour and point at your post with a stick called Angel One, laughing uncontrollably.

that team wrote picard? now it makes sense....

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Oh wow so Starfleet officers are like Viking berzerkers? That explains so much.

more like the puritans

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

picard probably took out a loving restraining order on her the second she landed

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

so i didnt end up watching this and i think the consensus seems to be that it was a good decision on my part

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

lmao star trek what are you doing, mate

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

this show is so bad it makes me like star trek less

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

tilly is a bad character, please do not let any producers hear that you "like her"

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Tighclops posted:

Tilly strikes me as the result of a bunch of old people writing what they think millennials are like

ever had a friend who really loved school

they stayed after class all the time
friends with the teacher
took childhood education in college

flash forward 20 years and they teach at the same school

it's not an inspirational story and kind of makes you feel like something went wrong along the way
thats tilly

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

"on earth, we used to have a thing called the united nations. governments from all over the planet went there to agree on commonalities. not to maim children, not to poison civilians, not to commit genocide. to find places where they could universally agree that enough was enough.

...those countries no longer exist, and neither do their rules... *cracks knuckles*"

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i could have wrirten a better picard show, thank you, and goodnight

*spits on cbs*

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

"in news today, resistance is... preferable? at 4am this morning another transport with 2,300 passengers has left earth to voluntarily connect with the borg. we go to chief correspondent sisko for the update. jake, why are people so eager to join the borg?

> thanks naomi. its a trend we have been seeing for over a year now. federation citizens disillusioned with their liberty as individuals have been joining the borg on their own free will."

etc

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

this show turned me pakled

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Shaocaholica posted:

Why hasn't anyone addressed the fact that all these alien species are reproductively compatible. :psyduck:

they did
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chase_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)

we r all 1, the aliens gave us the genetic gift of cum

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Are ya'll paying for CBS for this? Like there is no other way besides :files: right?

im just reading this thread + redlettermedia

time is money, friend

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

we live in the post-scarce star trek future we deserve wherein i dont even have to watch a show to hate it online

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i am a liberal elite and i endorse this massage

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

MR.B posted:

imagine thinking this show is trash haha

wow, it works! thanks mr b!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

since TV's death has now been assured we can start saying Picard killed serialized television and it wont be wrong

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

"gently caress movies"

- the world's best film critics

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i was most offended by the fact they said westworld was a good show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

picard probably treated data like Q treated picard