Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Why can't they just make another TNG or Voyager type series, with planet/aliens of the week? That's all I want from Star Trek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Don't get me wrong, another DS9 will be just fine too. I understand why people love it so much - it's a great show. But there's something about self-contained storylines with an interesting or quirky premise, where everything wraps up neatly at the end. It's relaxing and comforting in a way that TV shows just aren't these days. I can pick a TNG or Voyager episode at random from any season and know that it'll (probably) be an enjoyable 45 minutes of TV without having to follow an overarching storyline. The Orville was really good for this, just leaned a little too hard into the comedy for me personally.

E: Oh poo poo there's a season two of Orville? Sweet, I know what I'm watching tonight!

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 8, 2020