Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

quote:

Bangkok, Thailand (CNN)Police in Thailand said Saturday they were searching for a soldier in who opened fire and killed at least 10 people.

The shooting happened in Thailand's Nakhon Ratchasima Province on Saturday.

Krissana Pattanacharoen, a police spokesman, told CNN: "At the moment we are trying to capture the guy. Both police and military forces have been deployed to the area."

Pattanacharoen said the motive of the gunman, who is believed to be a soldier in the 2nd Army Regional Command, remains unknown.

The military commander, Lt. General Thanya Kiatsarn, who is at the scene of the shooting, told CNN: "We can't confirm if there are any hostages taken. But we believe he [the shooter] is still holding inside Terminal 21 shopping mall. We are working on this."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/08/asia/thai-soldier-shooting-intl/index.html

This one is gonna be bad, I think. There are videos of him firing in full auto with his service rifle, an HK33, which is a locally produced version of the G3. Full kit, helmet, the whole deal. Some reports of hostages, some not, but they still haven't caught him and he's been at it for an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You don't see full autonomous murder drones shooting up a mall (unless there's .5% a terrorists nephew is shopping that day), I'm just sayin'

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
Oh no, America is now spreading their mass shooting overseas! This might be a pandemic we're seeing.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

How did an American join the Thai miliary?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
in america we have good-guy-with-a-guns to stop all of these

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Well I know that the bodies aren't even cold and the shooter is still at large

BUT AMERICA.............

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
See? Its completely normal for a developed nation to have several mass shootings a week, every week. Now, about my proposal to put the entire NRA on the Supreme Court..

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Well I know that the bodies aren't even cold and the shooter is still at large

BUT AMERICA.............

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I'm not sure how this has anything to do with America

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

VikingSkull posted:

then tell us all about the intricacies of it happening in thailand if you dont want the conversation to veer into territory more relevant to gbs posters

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Dude learned to shoot the red barrels like in DOOM
https://twitter.com/StickboyBangkok/status/1226111573279686656

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

VikingSkull posted:

they're jokes, you see? about how America has these sort of things happening all the time.

:onion article:

still sad, and hosed up

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

gary oldmans diary posted:

then tell us all about the intricacies of it happening in thailand if you dont want the conversation to veer into territory more relevant to gbs posters

It's a breaking news story with very little information as of yet

we live on an entire planet, and America is just a fraction of it, it's entirely fine to pay attention to things that don't have anything to do with America

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

VikingSkull posted:

It's a breaking news story with very little information as of yet

we live on an entire planet, and America is just a fraction of it, it's entirely fine to pay attention to things that don't have anything to do with America
no this isnt a wiki page where we just relay timeline events
as per your woke complaints why dont you tell us how this is politically relevant to thailand specifically

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

as per your woke complaints why dont you tell us how this is politically relevant to thailand specifically

well, since the gunman hasn't been caught yet, we don't really know, however Thailand has recently been dealing with a Jihadi insurgency against Buddhists

this is also an area frequented by tourists

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

VikingSkull posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/08/asia/thai-soldier-shooting-intl/index.html

This one is gonna be bad, I think. There are videos of him firing in full auto with his service rifle, an HK33, which is a locally produced version of the G3. Full kit, helmet, the whole deal. Some reports of hostages, some not, but they still haven't caught him and he's been at it for an hour.

He was posting on social media.

I'm not making the mistake again of trying to track that down.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Shut up Meg posted:

He was posting on social media.

I'm not making the mistake again of trying to track that down.

yeah don't do that

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

VikingSkull posted:

well, since the gunman hasn't been caught yet, we don't really know, however Thailand has recently been dealing with a Jihadi insurgency against Buddhists

this is also an area frequented by tourists
so youre saying gun violence has not been addressed as a political concept in thailand and wont be until the gunman is caught? you sure that makes sense?

maybe until someone who is well versed in thai politics and culture shows up we should close the thread because its off-topicness is a moral outrage. imagine... a thread where people just talked... unthinkable

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

as per your woke complaints...

Oh okay. Now i get why you don't care about another country's tragedy

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
just let him tilt at windmills

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Somebodies mad that nobody appreciated their low effort joke lol

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
youre still not talking about thailand. get on-topic guys

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Al-Jazeera is reporting that he shot his commanding officer and two more soldiers on his base before loading up an army vehicle and traveling to the city center. They've also confirmed that he has hostages. Hostage taking in situations like this generally (but not always) indicate some type of political demand.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I was wondering if this was a massacre of the royal family again.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

VikingSkull posted:

Al-Jazeera is reporting that he shot his commanding officer and two more soldiers on his base before loading up an army vehicle and traveling to the city center. They've also confirmed that he has hostages. Hostage taking in situations like this generally (but not always) indicate some type of political demand.

quote:

The attacker streamed his earlier activity at the mall on Facebook Live and posted a selfie showing him holding a rifle. Tired, I can barely move my fingers, he said on a video posted at 7.20pm.

Other text messages posted before the page was taken down included Should I surrender? and Oh poo poo, Ive got cramps in my hand. An earlier post said, Nobody can avoid death, and another one read, Being rich from taking advantage of others, do they think they can use money in hell?

Lt Gen Thanya Kriatisarn, commander of the Second Army Region, said police and soldiers were hunting the attacker, identified as Sgt Maj Jakrapanth Thomma, 32, of the Surathampithak camp.

The slain commander has been identified as Col Anantharot Krasae, with whom the gunman was reported to have had a conflict. A 63-year-old woman said to be Col Anantharots mother-in law was also killed at the camp, along with another soldier.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

incel soldier on a rampage

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

he's not wrong, you can't use money in hell

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Shut up Meg posted:

Other text messages posted before the page was taken down included Should I surrender? and Oh poo poo, Ive got cramps in my hand. An earlier post said, Nobody can avoid death, and another one read, Being rich from taking advantage of others, do they think they can use money in hell?

Lt Gen Thanya Kriatisarn, commander of the Second Army Region, said police and soldiers were hunting the attacker, identified as Sgt Maj Jakrapanth Thomma, 32, of the Surathampithak camp.

He is anti-rich talking about them taking advantage of others and sending them to hell but then attacked random pedestrians in the street?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Luckyellow posted:

Oh no, America is now spreading their mass shooting overseas! This might be a pandemic we're seeing.

If only we'd allowed the CDC to investigate gun violence. This is our wuhan flu now.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

quote:

Being rich from taking advantage of others, do they think they can use money in hell?

2020 official motto

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Luckyellow posted:

Our greatest cultural export

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

quote:

A soldier has killed 20 people and injured many more in a gun rampage in the Thai city of Nakhon Ratchasima.

Jakraphanth Thomma, a junior officer, killed his commanding officer before stealing weapons from a military camp, a defence spokesman told BBC Thai.

The suspect opened fire at a Buddhist temple then entered a shopping centre, where is believed to be holed up.

The suspect, whose motives remain unclear, posted images of his attack on social media sites.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51427301

starting at a Buddhist temple lends a bit of weight to it maybe being related to the insurgency in the southern provinces, but who knows

also unconfirmed report that he has 6 rifles, a pistol, and explosives

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I'm gonna go against the grain in this thread and say I think it's bad that this guy shot all of these people in Thailand

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

smoobles posted:

I'm gonna go against the grain in this thread and say I think it's bad that this guy shot all of these people in Thailand

But what about all the chuckles we could get out of a heavily armed soldier killing dozens of people in cold blood?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

I love how desperate the BBC is getting now.

quote:

Are you in the area? Have you been affected? Share your experiences by emailing haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk.

smoobles posted:

Maybe you should contact the BBC, they seem to be open to opinions.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
The soldier ones are always bad, Australia had a real bad one due to the rogue soldier. Which wikipedia has a detailed article still up on how to copy, and this one is similar.

Weird parallel, but if what.cd's music library was illegal and a threat to society, why the gently caress are there still detailed how to articles on wikipedia for mass shooting. In many languages. It can't hurt to remove.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Luckyellow posted:

Is it just me or is America having a bit of a lull in mass shootings lately? I guess the plan of doing absolutely nothing was successful.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Is it just me or is America having a bit of a lull in mass shootings lately? I guess the plan of doing absolutely nothing was successful.

Honestly I think the sad truth is people realized that the news cycle is so brutally fast in the US that no matter how many people they killed people would forget them in a month, unlike the Columbine kids. There's no point in emulating them now.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

People aren't watching CNN anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

PinheadSlim posted:

Honestly I think the sad truth is people realized that the news cycle is so brutally fast in the US that no matter how many people they killed people would forget them in a month, unlike the Columbine kids. There's no point in emulating them now.

the masterstroke was connecting mass shooters to the incels in the public consciousness. if you do a mass shooting now it means the whole world will know you're a virgin within 24 hours