Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
This guy is a real jerk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Scary. I've been in that mall multiple times. :(

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Waltzing Along posted:

Scary. I've been in that mall multiple times. :(

Is it a heavily touristed area? I've seen posts on social media that say so but the videos don't really show much other than locals, really.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
E: Nevermind. Wrong location.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Feb 9, 2020

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Oh wow I've been in that mall several times too.

There'll definitely be tourists from all over the world involved in this.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Waltzing Along posted:

Yes. Terminal 21 is a bizarre world themed mall. Each floor has imagery and icons from places like San Francisco (golden gate bride, cable car, steet signs), Hollywood, London. Etc.

I'm going to say that this guy is taking the 'American Icon' part a bit too far.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Waltzing Along posted:

Yes. Terminal 21 is a bizarre world themed mall. Each floor has imagery and icons from places like San Francisco (golden gate bride, cable car, steet signs), Hollywood, London. Etc.

It's basically at a corner where the subway and the above ground trains meet. It's on the biggest tourist street. And across the street from the most famous red light area/street in the city. It is not the biggest mall, or biggest mall area. But if you wanted to target tourists and/or wealthy Thai people, it's definitely up there.

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=i...Q4dUDCAU&uact=5

that's some cool info, thanks!

attacking tourists and Buddhists really fits the M.O. of the southern insurgency, but the rhetoric he's posted on social media doesn't, so this one is kinda odd

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
I just checked a map and Thailand is several thousands of miles away from America

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Docahedron posted:

I just checked a map and Thailand is several thousands of miles away from America

Gonna mark myself Safe on Facebook just in case though

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Is it just me or is America having a bit of a lull in mass shootings lately? I guess the plan of doing absolutely nothing was successful.

Check out the statistics on for example Texas gun deaths to find out.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
proposal: a thread for discussing a tragedy in Thailand

reality: a man falls through the ceiling of a shot up mall in Thailand. he spies row upon row of gun shot corpses. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT AMERICA"

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

He shouldn’t have shot those people imo.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

The only video I saw included such a choice highlight as a very young kid getting shot walking next to his mother... that's definitely enough for me today on this event.

Hope they catch him alive and he can rot as long as possible in the worst conditions.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Rectal Death Adept posted:

proposal: a thread for discussing a tragedy in Thailand

reality: a man falls through the ceiling of a shot up mall in Thailand. he spies row upon row of gun shot corpses. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT AMERICA"
has it occurred to you that if we all followed your righteous example there would be even fewer posts related to thailand

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake

gary oldmans diary posted:

has it occurred to you that if we all followed your righteous example there would be even fewer posts related to thailand

I believe, and I know this is radical thought, that it's fine to discuss Thailand issues in a Thailand thread

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
It's not just the mass shooting, it's the shooter providing real time social media updates as well. Another great American innovation at work.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Laterite posted:

It's not just the mass shooting, it's the shooter providing real time social media updates as well. Another great American innovation at work.

that's actually an Australian and German invention

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Laterite posted:

It's a worrying thought that if people are doing these things with public outrage / propagating their message, then does this encourage it?

E: 20 dead and 10 more critical.

Shut up Meg fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 8, 2020

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bronze Fonz posted:

The only video I saw included such a choice highlight as a very young kid getting shot walking next to his mother... that's definitely enough for me today on this event.

Hope they catch him alive and he can rot as long as possible in the worst conditions.

Ugh thanks for not linking that poo poo. Just horrendous

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

smoobles posted:

Gonna mark myself Safe on Facebook just in case though

Smoobled again

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
Had to read this whole thread just to make sure nobody had yet made the observation that Thailand names kick rear end

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Laterite posted:

Wait what, is it like the new zeland shooter?

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

quote:

Krissana Pattanacharoen

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Bleusilences posted:

Wait what, is it like the new zeland shooter?

No, this is taking place in Thailand, please try to keep up

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

cda posted:

Had to read this whole thread just to make sure nobody had yet made the observation that Thailand names kick rear end

they do, but not as much as Indonesian names

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Suparman is probably the most legit name on earth

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

VikingSkull posted:

they do, but not as much as Indonesian names

True, as a whole SE Asia has a lot of good names and if it weren't for our athletes the US would be facing a serious deficit but there's gonna be a freshman for Ole Miss next year whose name is Demon Clowney so :911:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Check out the statistics on for example Texas gun deaths to find out.

*through gritted teeth, not at all mad*

That is how business is conducted in Texas....

Bronze Fonz posted:

:wtf:

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake

cda posted:

No, this is taking place in Thailand, please try to keep up

Geographic knowledge is not very good in America. Or is that Europe? Or is it both?

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

If animals could be trained to use guns, then people wouldn't need guns.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I went to check out where this happened since I've been to Thailand a couple of times (nearest I've been is Bangkok) and apparently Google now helpfully shows you where the mass shootings are at:

This must be America's payback for all the viruses coming out of Asia.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I guess there are 20 dead now :smith:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Burt Sexual posted:

I guess there are 20 dead now :smith:

yeah, at least

as far as I can tell he's still in the mall and it hasn't been cleared so it's probably greater than 20

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Geez he's still at large huh
Guess that's what happens when the shooters actually got training

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I'm still conflicted on if links should be posted. I saw more than enough of the NZ one to never want to watch one again, especially children shot in front of mother jfc.

But... modern armies operate this way. As in a room full of lawyers, military advisers, and officers watch in real time the cameras/scope cameras on operations and will determine yes/no kill or confirm the intended person is killed. This includes looking at children and random civilians at say a wedding, then watching in detail as they're all turned to fire and ash by a drone. That's not even scratching what black ops mercenaries do, and yet that is completely acceptable by society.

It's all super hosed up and people shouldn't commit mass murder, but hiding how hosed up it all is let's people ignore it instead of facing the reality we live in and a whole lotta people keep getting killed.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
there is a video from a distance showing the shooter spraying across a parking lot towards traffic, but it's not graphic so I dunno, I guess that's ok

there's also videos that are really graphic and shouldn't be posted anywhere, also anything the shooter took shouldn't be posted because gently caress that guy

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

VikingSkull posted:

there is a video from a distance showing the shooter spraying across a parking lot towards traffic, but it's not graphic so I dunno, I guess that's ok

there's also videos that are really graphic and shouldn't be posted anywhere, also anything the shooter took shouldn't be posted because gently caress that guy

I support this

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Burt snip

If you absolutely must see the kid's blood yourself, go and find it but I don't think this poo poo should be here.

Burt edit I agree, the price will be heavy for posting gore itt

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Feb 8, 2020

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
don't mind me, just gonna describe the video I watched in detail, as a public service to explain why you should not watch the video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

cda posted:

don't mind me, just gonna describe the video I watched in detail, as a public service to explain why you should not watch the video

Calling Jailbrekr to the thread. Calling Jailbrekr...