Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

PunkBoy posted:

Man, it's loving wild to see the pivoting to "SANADA Was Always Bad."

A quick search of my post history shows the only time I was positive on Sanada was March last year, and that was mainly to dunk on Goto.

So yes, Sanada was always bad :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

SANADA has never had in-ring psychology that makes any kind of sense or the physical highspots to make up for it and I'm glad people are waking up to it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TriffTshngo posted:

I mean at the end of the day that's pretty much what it was but I think it was a (mostly) well told story to get there. Would've been better had Naito not lost the IC title twice last year, still feel like he should've retained at MSG.

I really like the idea of him having absolutely nothing in October and the IC Title being his key to finally get to the top and win, but, yes, having to win it back twice diluted that story beat and it's not like Ibushi had an awesome reign or anything.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sanada has been inconsistent for a while, he's great in matches where he can do schtick and rollups, but he has no energy when he's in regular main event style matches. Maybe if he did a tour in Revpro he'd get his groove back.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
If we are having a hate on SANADA session the problem is that hes too cold. Having an air of being above it is common with New Japan wrestlers. The top stars Okada and Naito certainly have it but they both are hiding real emotion underneath. Okada has an arrogant fire that when provoked comes out. Naito has an obvious chip on his shoulder due to being rejected by the fans. They are like real humans trying to keep the emotion in check to win a match.

SANADA is a wrestling robot. Very physically gifted but fails to connect with me.

He should look at how Okada wrestles non-title/g1 matches. Okada goofs around because hes a bit of a brat but he forces himself to become the rainmaker for the big matches. Sanada is basically the same person all the time

The g1 match that rarity brought up was good because Sanada acted like a human during the g1. He was jealous of Naito, he got mad. This is good. Thats why i think him leaving LIJ would be good for him. Give him something to make him feel like a human

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Burn Down Canberra posted:

where he is no longer pretty

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Seiya Cero Cinturones

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TriffTshngo posted:

I mean at the end of the day that's pretty much what it was but I think it was a (mostly) well told story to get there. Would've been better had Naito not lost the IC title twice last year, still feel like he should've retained at MSG.

Naito had to drop the title to Ibushi and Switchblade so that they'd have a reason to want to be double champ

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

cards won't be announced for the korakuen quadruple shot featuring two retirement shows until prob about 24 hours from now but the anniversary show's gonna own

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Like that not a solitary NJPW title is held by who held it on 31st December 2019

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Thauros posted:

cards won't be announced for the korakuen quadruple shot featuring two retirement shows until prob about 24 hours from now but the anniversary show's gonna own

...you missed the ROH TV title :smuggo:

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

I loving yelled when Zack came out to choke out Moxley, YELLED

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

I'm here for Mox running through an entire gauntlet of Suzuki-gun if it means he winds up dropping the belt to the most dangerous of them all, the Holy Emperor :allears:

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
suzuki-mox was phenomenal. just absolutely perfect. do it again imo

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

I find it interesting that this year the main angle for NJPW this year seems to be that no one is satisfied with just having ONE title anymore, everyone wants at least two.:

- SHINGO already had the 6-Men title, but wanted (and one) the NEVER title
- Hiromu has the Junior title but will also be going after Naito's belts
- Taguchi doesn't have any titles, but within one week made his intentions clear to go after bothe Junior Tag and 6-Men titles
- ZSJ is the champion of the UK, but now also wants to be the champion of the US
- Ryu Lee has the ROH TV title and went after the Junior title (and maybe will again?)
- Moxley is US champ and is going after the AEW title

Everyone just seems excessively greedy for titles this year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If scrub Naito can do it, why can't they

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Burn Down Canberra posted:

SANADA is solid and very popular. Unless he suffers an accident where he is no longer pretty he is safely in the njpw upper mid card. I mean he looks like he was made in the bushiroad handsome wrestler factory where SHO and YOH were made but we know he came from elsewhere.

I'd really like to see some Sho and Yoh singles matches, moreso than SANADA.

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
What kind of a person do you need to be to become a prowrestler? That loving spear... Hiromu/Lee matches feel like exorcisms at times

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

WHY WHY WHY DID YOU DO THIS WE JUST GOT HIM BACK

https://twitter.com/tde_wrestling/status/1226569793521799170

(It was totally safe, but I freaked out when that happened.)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Meadowhill posted:

What kind of a person do you need to be to become a prowrestler?

A lunatic. Sometimes in a good way, sometimes in a bad way. But always a lunatic.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I love how Suzuki looks like the biggest badass while losing, which also always puts over the guy who beat him as a tough son of a bitch

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
the backstage promos for this show are loving amazing. Suzuki completely gone, two full Zack sabre jr promos, pissy Jay White, moxley in full fired up babyface mode, and like a six minute taguchi/Rocky segment, goddamn

I cannot believe more promotions don't do this

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Like that not a solitary NJPW title is held by who held it on 31st December 2019

The tag titles are.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

jesus WEP posted:

I love how Suzuki looks like the biggest badass while losing, which also always puts over the guy who beat him as a tough son of a bitch

*gedo looks to camera*

"Booking"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Suzuki unable to move screaming in impotent rage as SANADA set up his moonsault was lowkey one of my favourite things in 2019