Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

I got the opportunity to see this in an IMAX just last year and it still loving owns so hard.

Even if you have problems with the tone or action in this...just the world it creates- from the locations to the costumes, its just so cool.

Its a one-off science fiction movie that looks its own thing. There's really not been anything approaching it since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Saturnalia posted:

Is the Valerian 1000 planets movie any good like the fifth element? I know they’re made by the same guy

I watched this recently and it's got real panache similar if not by virtue of technology exceeding the Fifth Element, but the characters are just terrible, with stupid romance that detracts from the already unexciting plot.

If you or a friend have a big screen and want to turn your brains off and enjoy some genuinely beautiful and kooky imagery than its worth it. Don't watch it expecting to be engaged though. There's a reason why the hype around it died real quick.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

orange juche posted:

Interesting thing, Zorg and Dallas never meet in the movie, the closest they get is when Zorg boards the space liner and Dallas et al jump on board after Zorg leaves the docking bay.

This also true for the original Star Wars