Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

TheAardvark posted:

ultrared slamming open the pizza hut door:
cashier: "oh jesus gently caress not this guy aga
ultrared: "-WHERE IS MY loving BREAD"

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

UltraRed posted:

Were it not for the cooking wines, homemade pasta, and cookies, I'd agree with you.

I know a pizza place that sells all three of those things.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
ultrared at a dry cleaners, arguing w/ the owner: "the selection here sucks poo poo. NOTHING is my size"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Got my subway coups in the mail and I’m planning on eating very fresh in the near future. It’s been so long I don’t have a local franchise anymore and need to start my sub life over. This must be what dating after divorce race feels like. Lots of uncertainty made worth it only by the promise of those two big meaty Italian bmts at the end of it all.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

shadow puppet of a posted:

Got my subway coups in the mail and I’m planning on eating very fresh in the near future. It’s been so long I don’t have a local franchise anymore and need to start my sub life over. This must be what dating after divorce race feels like. Lots of uncertainty made worth it only by the promise of those two big meaty Italian bmts at the end of it all.

if u buy two foot longs and eat them both in the store u are my hero

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

If i eat two instore I'm more likely to get two more roadie subs for home later. I prefer to take my dubsubs home because nobody wants to see a man splay out his wax paper and chip bags so willy nilly.

But now that I think about it more and our dine-in restrictions have been lifted, I might make it a quadsub day.

Will keep you updated.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Just had Subway for the first time since January when I had to go because all the other nearby downtown restaurants were closed for an extended holiday break.

I got the pizza sub, toasted. Was pretty alright.

I also have an Italian BMT sitting in the fridge for dinner because they appeared to have a BOGO special going on footlongs.

This cold BMT isn't great. I think their Italian bread is kinda weak, at least now that its been in the fridge...

To be honest, I don't actually think Jimmy Johns is that much better than subway except that Jimmy Johns seems to know how to make a much better bread.

Zurtilik fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 11, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I've never heard of the pizza sub. Is it just an arrangement of their current meats with a new sauce or is it something else?

----------------

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've never heard of the pizza sub.

Pizza sub is subway catering to the Canadian market by taking a time honoured sub recipe from Mr. Sub

It’s good stuff if you are 12 and on a field trip where you are allowed 20mnutes near the planetarium to source your own lunch.

Outside of that scenario there is. No reason to eat at mr sub

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 12, 2020

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

I've never heard of the pizza sub. Is it just an arrangement of their current meats with a new sauce or is it something else?

iirc it's just pepperoni, marinara sauce, cheese

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
The names of the cheeses are American (yellow) Pepper Jack (white and spicey stuff) and then there is white which is just called white cheese.
I know it can be stressful when Mr or Mrs Subway asks 'What kind of cheese?' But if you know the actual names of the cheese it really helps. They don't understand what Yellow cheese means, so you have to say American when they ask, if you want it of course. Dont even get me started on bread :brainexploding:

----------------

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

TheAardvark posted:

iirc it's just pepperoni, marinara sauce, cheese

it's one of those things that they don't train you on anymore but someone who love subway 10 years ago will come in and ask for and you have to go find the oldest person (1 year max) who has heard the tales passed down of the Pizza Sub

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

if u really want to become a SUbway Legend you have to come in late at night and waste ten minutes of your life directing the poor person on the millimeter precise positioning and arcsecond precise angle of every single thing on your sandwich

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

excellent bird guy posted:

The names of the cheeses are American (yellow) Pepper Jack (white and spicey stuff) and then there is white which is just called white cheese.
I know it can be stressful when Mr or Mrs Subway asks 'What kind of cheese?' But if you know the actual names of the cheese it really helps. They don't understand what Yellow cheese means, so you have to say American when they ask, if you want it of course. Dont even get me started on bread :brainexploding:

The American cheese is white here for some reason. We have American, Pepper Jack (what I get), and Provolone. I found a Subway here (in WI) that has smoked cheddar and it actually isn't bad.

----------------

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Sep 13, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

The American cheese is white here for some reason. We have American, Pepper Jack (what I get), and Provolone. I found a Subway here (in WI) that has smoked cheddar and it actually isn't bad.

It’s white everywhere. Bird guy isn’t picking it up.

American (white), provolone, and pepper jack are standard. You can also get shredded cheddar or mozzarella. I think Swiss and smoked cheese were experiments that failed. The corned beef for their Reuben was pretty bad for an $8+ sandwich.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Was swiss an experiment? I remember it being there for years and years and I still instinctively ask for it when I get tuna

----------------

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
All I've ever wanted from Subway was their garlic aioli sauce but sadly it was too good for this world to last more than it's featured month

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

i say swears online posted:

Was swiss an experiment? I remember it being there for years and years and I still instinctively ask for it when I get tuna

i forget if swiss is in "seasonal mandatory and no other time" or "franchisee choice"

i have done a lot of work in subways at basically every level a person can be in while working for a franchise owner ama

here's a freebie: i just touch computers now it's infinitely better

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

i say swears online posted:

There are standards in the supply chain and there are optionals. Swiss is an optional, as is 9 grain honey oat bread, and a few others.menu changes can often piss off store owners because if they aren’t used they go to waste. Like how they have two different types of wraps. They don’t sell enough to justify stocking two different types.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I ate the foot long Steak Sub which was SUPPOSED to be the poo poo but I am still hungry!! I could eat at least another 6 inch right now. TBH i eat so fast my brain doesn't have time to get the signal. maybe that's why people drink soft drinks, to slow them down so they get full at the right time? I don't know I won't drink a pepsi or whatever the gently caress.

----------------

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

excellent bird guy posted:

I ate the foot long Steak Sub which was SUPPOSED to be the poo poo but I am still hungry!! I could eat at least another 6 inch right now. TBH i eat so fast my brain doesn't have time to get the signal. maybe that's why people drink soft drinks, to slow them down so they get full at the right time? I don't know I won't drink a pepsi or whatever the gently caress.

steak portions should be iirc 2.5oz (maybe 3oz it's been long enough that i'm forgetting measurements :yayclod: ) and footlong gets 2 of em so you've still had roughly a bit over a quarterpounder w/cheese and the meat is prob worse quality than that. comes frozen in a brick and the plastic around the brick is broken a lot.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
The steak, bread and toppings don't matter they're just a way to get the chipotle sauce into my face.

----------------

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SilvergunSuperman posted:

The steak, bread and toppings don't matter they're just a way to get the chipotle sauce into my face.

:hmmyes:

----------------

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

cheesesteak or chicken teriyaki (pick 1)
footlong
honey oat bread
toasted
provolone
every vegetable
mayonnaise
sweet onion sauce
chipotle sauce
barbecue sauce

i made thousands of this for the amish workmen who would come in. they all loving. love this. whatever this is.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It could be delicious but I am wary of anything drowning in that much sauce

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah one sauce is enough. Mayo with it is fine but the sauces are pretty pronounced so they'd just overwhelm each other. Not to mention how wet that'd be.

----------------

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Shugojin posted:

it's one of those things that they don't train you on anymore but someone who love subway 10 years ago will come in and ask for and you have to go find the oldest person (1 year max) who has heard the tales passed down of the Pizza Sub

I didn't know it was a thing either. It was an option on the internet.

I got an Italian BMT toasted with peppers and onions today. Good poo poo.

I think there's something in the sandwiches where when you eat one you begin to desire more. Because until I ate a couple weeks ago I had not given thought to Subway in like 3 years.

Zurtilik fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 18, 2020

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Subway is garbage good for garbage people and I will judge you all!!!!!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Zurtilik posted:

I didn't know it was a thing either. It was an option on the internet.

I got an Italian BMT toasted with peppers and onions today. Good poo poo.

I think there's something in the sandwiches where when you eat one you begin to desire more. Because until I ate a couple weeks ago I had not given thought to Subway in like 3 years.

The weirdest part is how when I want a subway sandwich, it has to be subway. An objectively better sandwich just won’t do.

I still have half a BMT in the fridge from yesterday and I’m weirdly looking forwards to it.

----------------

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Derpies posted:

I align more towards garbage chaotic.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I still have half a BMT in the fridge from yesterday

:whitewater:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Derpies posted:

Suck my Spicy Italian (Irish).

----------------

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Suck my Spicy Italian (Irish).

the sheer number of white boomers from the nowhere part of PA i live in being afraid of this fucker because it has "spicy" in the name :lmao:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
they could rename it the "sweet italian" without changing anything at all and probably sell them by the truckload

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I like subway but subway leftovers are unfit for human consumption

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Having leftover Subway the next day is bad. But sometimes I'll buy a foot long and have one 6" for lunch and one for dinner. Just gotta be careful with the sauce/tomatoes so it doesn't get soggy.

----------------

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Having leftover Subway the next day is bad. But sometimes I'll buy a foot long and have one 6" for lunch and one for dinner. Just gotta be careful with the sauce/tomatoes so it doesn't get soggy.

I have tried this many times and discovered I’m more of a glutton than I care to admit.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah I usually have the foot long but if I had a big calorie dense breakfast and I don't have many spare calories left over, Subway is actually a decent choice.

----------------

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
All you subway eaters are sick animals!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I’m gonna be a sick human ‘cuz I’m thinking ‘bout eating fresh today.