Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Sometimes I think about how the $5 footlong promo might have done more long term damage to Subway than Jared did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

"footlong™"

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i still bitch about that today and one day i will no longer post because my wife has murdered me

5 dollar footlong was your trademark. your logo. your identity.

you made your bed. forever. you dont get to decide footlongs cost 9 dollars a year later. you do 5 dollar footlongs forever

fuckers

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

my local subway raised their prices by like a dollar so my footlong turkey is now $10.99 with tax instead of 9.89 and i think i just have to be done because paying more than :10bux: for subway just seems dumb

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

my local subway raised their prices by like a dollar so my footlong turkey is now $10.99 with tax instead of 9.89 and i think i just have to be done because paying more than :10bux: for subway just seems dumb

Hard agree. I don't care about supply chain issues. If I leave Subway having spent even $10.01 something has gone horribly wrong.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
It must be some kind of universal constant, because Quikcheck footlongs are also 9.89 regardless of contents, it's like the world is actively pushing back against sandwiches costing over 10 dollars, but Subway just had to go ahead and gently caress it up for themselves as per usual

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

people are hesitant to see a single thing from a cheap, quick food place pass the single-digit dollars range, once you are paying that much you have switched into casual dining money

i haven't been to a casual dining restaurant in a while they're probably like $25 now arent' they

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I was going say $12 is casual sit down, but my lunch at red robin was $20 with the lunch special, and then additional for tip.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
Chipotle, Qudoba, Five Guys, Sweetgreen, pretty much all the "fast casual" places have been toeing the 20 dollar per person mark for a while now

Hell, even the new mcdonalds cardi b/offset meal is 20 bucks

It's literally, no joke, cheaper nowadays to go eat at like fuckin Applebee's and get full service and twice the calories

Or you can go to subway, I guess

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
All the apps are showing deals for buying $20-40 meals.

Like.. Why the gently caress would I want $30 of burger king. gtfo

give me 2 for $5 whopper and lemme be on my way

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
I've been going to a bar for my burger fix lately. It's the same price if not cheaper, and is a bit better quality. It also comes with fries and they have beer.

"Mass produced burg" is a craving of its own tho sometimes.

I know this is the subway thread but I haven't eaten subway in like 5 years. I walked past one and thought about it the other day, but got a gyro instead.

:sax: :drum: :guitar:

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

dougdrums posted:

I've been going to a bar for my burger fix lately. It's the same price if not cheaper, and is a bit better quality. It also comes with fries and they have beer.

"Mass produced burg" is a craving of its own tho sometimes.

I know this is the subway thread but I haven't eaten subway in like 5 years. I walked past one and thought about it the other day, but got a gyro instead.

As someone that has zero problems tearing into an Arby’s gyro, a Subway gyro sounds terrifying.

----------------

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Philthy posted:

All the apps are showing deals for buying $20-40 meals.

Like.. Why the gently caress would I want $30 of burger king. gtfo

give me 2 for $5 whopper and lemme be on my way

:ohdear:

Is Taco Bell still cheap?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol no.. unless you just want the goop burrito in their 5 dollar combo

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
drat i just discovered you can use the coupons multiple times on the app

the savings!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
My subway cancelled those orders after they went through.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
the outlaw with banana peppers is pretty dece

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
I saw an ad saying they're trying to make the bread crunchier? Darkly amused at the prospect of a Sunway bahn mi

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Subway bread is usually crunchy what with the fact that it sat there at least all day.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I thought it was baked fresh, in the way that only a frozen lump of processed dough can be

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
if subway bread isn't basically play-dough you're at a bad subway

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm definitely at a bad subway but something contributing is that I usually am there at 1-3 AM which is probably closer to when the next day's bread is made.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Subway is cool they know me by name and thank me as I'm robbing them blind with online coupons

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Every subway here has paper signs posted of all of the deals that corporate puts out but they don't honor lol.

----------------

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
yeah, same. you'd think as a franchise you'd have to follow corporate initiatives. their subs are more expensive than the local delis now, so whats the loving point. $5 sub was the only thing that made them worthwhile over anything else. i keep thinking people are smart enough to reject the obvious gouging, but I guess people are loving dumb and get in line anyways. stop. buying. expensive. poo poo.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 17, 2023

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Getting rotisserie chicken with cheese plus chips and a drink for 6.48 incl tax with my coupons - I cant afford not to eat at subway!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Philthy posted:

yeah, same. you'd think as a franchise you'd have to follow corporate initiatives.

this is what killed quiznos so i say gently caress em

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

the subway i actually worked at is dead

rip in piss

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Code fl699 gets you 3 bucks off a foot long at my local one through the app. Not terrible.

Sometimes I just want that trashy spicy Italian sub

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Went to subway today and can confirm they have a deli slicer, tho it wasn’t in use. Asked the sandwich lady and she said yeah they’re gonna have to start cutting their own meat now. Did not ask if it will be to-order if they’ll just cut a whole pile of Turkey or w/e every morning

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Subway and Cadbury to release 500 Creme Egg sandwich for free in four locations in England on April 7th.

It's just melted creme eggs inside Subway's Italian bread. :barf:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Chocolate andvcake!

I’d probably try it as a gag

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Went to subway today and can confirm they have a deli slicer, tho it wasn’t in use. Asked the sandwich lady and she said yeah they’re gonna have to start cutting their own meat now. Did not ask if it will be to-order if they’ll just cut a whole pile of Turkey or w/e every morning

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/bizerba-gsp-hd-i-90-13-heavy-duty-illuminated-automatic-gravity-feed-meat-slicer-1-2-hp/256GSPHDI90.html

US$7,000 and imported from Germany. Biggest delay in rolling these out was Subway corporate needing 22,000+ of them. And yes we get to batch slice logs/cubes of ham, turkey, pepperoni and salami twice a day when it starts.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I assume they ran tests or something and it actually tastes better? Seems like a big risk to make all your franchises buy a meat slicer and train employees to use it.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Wendigee posted:

I assume they ran tests or something and it actually tastes better? Seems like a big risk gain to make all your franchises buy a meat slicer and train employees to use it.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol.. maybe a friend of a muckity muck owns the German meat slicer company

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It really is one of the strangest decisions ever, I don't think it's something anyone wants, customers or franchisees.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I only get meatball subs anyway, at least it passingly resembles food

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
lmfao at the whole thing. subway is such an epic scam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Wendigee posted:

I assume they ran tests or something and it actually tastes better? Seems like a big risk to make all your franchises buy a meat slicer and train employees to use it.

subway was exploring a sale and the way it works this:

- makes all the franchisees buy them which makes corporate revenue since they don't actually run any restaurants themselves iirc
- generates a positive "Freshness!!" news cycle