Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I don't think I'll be getting Subway for quite some time. Don't wanna get the covid.

Yeah, this sub(forum) came at a really bad time. I been hittin' up the 'bell and McDonald's, but the only subway with a drive through nearby is one I've sworn an oath of holy vengeance upon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
If you have a Publix grocery store in your area their deli counter sandwiches are way better than Subway, and the prices are reasonable as hell. You can order and pay online and skip checkout too.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

sean10mm posted:

If you have a Publix grocery store in your area their deli counter sandwiches are way better than Subway, and the prices are reasonable as hell. You can order and pay online and skip checkout too.

IF

Not from the south, buddy.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I've heard about Publix sandwiches before and I really wish we had one here. I've gotten those huge 2 foot long subs at two different stores here for like $5 or something but they are 80% bread. They suck.

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

UltraRed posted:

Yeah, this sub(forum) came at a really bad time. I been hittin' up the 'bell and McDonald's, but the only subway with a drive through nearby is one I've sworn an oath of holy vengeance upon.

There are Subways with drive throughs?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Who the gently caress writes it out as drive through. It's drive thru

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

My phone corrected it, and I just didn’t have the energy to fix it. :effort:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Got a coupon through email that lets me get ANY sub for $6. Subway gettin' desperate.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I think I'll get subway today. I have to do in person voting because Wisconsin republicans don't want people to vote and are actively going to get people killed.

Eat fresh!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Ain't nobody dope as me
I eat so FRAISCHE so clean
(So FRAISCHE and so clean clean)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm getting Jersey Mike's today. We'll see how that is. I'm guessing it's better than Subway.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

I'm getting Jersey Mike's today. We'll see how that is. I'm guessing it's better than Subway.

Jersey Mike's is probably the best of the national chain sub shops imo

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I don't have Jersey Mike's where I live but Jimmy John's is pretty good if I want a better than Subway sandwich

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Jimmy John's is conversely probably the worst national sub sandwich chain that isn't Subway imo

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Jimmy John's is conversely probably the worst national sub sandwich chain that isn't Subway imo

Tubby's or Quizno's takes that honor.

Firehouse subs is far and away the best, but drat they're slow.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got a Supreme Club from Jersey Mike's. But on the way home I had the hankering for 16 beers so I picked that up and I'll drink a ton of it on an empty stomach before I eat my sandwich so I'll probably eat it at midnight while trashed.

I don't mind Jimmy John's. I get it from time to time. Although the last one I got a few days ago had burned stale bread which was a disappointment. I got Pot Belly's yesterday. I think they're national. That was actually pretty good. Since my Costco's food court is closed I'm not gettin' my hot dog so the Pot Belly's is right next door so I think that'll be my Costco victory thing.

I really like sandwiches. Probably better than pizza.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I got a Supreme Club from Jersey Mike's. But on the way home I had the hankering for 16 beers so I picked that up and I'll drink a ton of it on an empty stomach before I eat my sandwich so I'll probably eat it at midnight while trashed.

did you get it "mike's way" with the sub juice? cause it's going to be sog city if you're not eating it til later.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Crusty Nutsack posted:

did you get it "mike's way" with the sub juice? cause it's going to be sog city if you're not eating it til later.

Not that I know of. I ordered it online and got some extra stuff like pickles, hot peppers, mustard, etc. No oil and vinegar I don't think.

I'll probably eat the poo poo out of it anyway.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
We all need to head to Wisconsin and sacrifice Penny on his Subway sandwich line to stop the COVID.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

UltraRed posted:

Tubby's or Quizno's takes that honor.

Firehouse subs is far and away the best, but drat they're slow.

Quiznos is better than Firehouse. Quiznos owns

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I have a last quiznos holdout near where i live. the guy who owns it likes to complain about how awful it is to own a quiznos but he's strapped under so much debt and contractual poo poo he can't just close it either

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Not that I know of. I ordered it online and got some extra stuff like pickles, hot peppers, mustard, etc. No oil and vinegar I don't think.

I'll probably eat the poo poo out of it anyway.

Yeah that was a bad idea. I got trashed and could only eat half the sub because it was soggy. Also they slopped on the mustard. I'll have to not get any next time.

That's unfortunate. A huge rear end sub gone to waste.

Maybe I'll try subway today. I mean, I really should stay home and cook something instead but :effort:. We'll see.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Yeah that was a bad idea. I got trashed and could only eat half the sub because it was soggy. Also they slopped on the mustard. I'll have to not get any next time.

That's unfortunate. A huge rear end sub gone to waste.

Maybe I'll try subway today. I mean, I really should stay home and cook something instead but :effort:. We'll see.

there are only two things you should get at jersey mike's: the hot subs like cheesesteak, or one of the cold Italian ones, mike's way. both need to be eaten within 20 minutes like a normal person would.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
big shoutout to the firehouse subs mention. i finally paid attention to the one near my house and its been a turning point in my otherwise miserable life.

its like quiznos but if quiznos did it right and wasn't a horrible business model with mediocre sandwiches.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
incorrect. firehouse doesn't toast their sub buns for poo poo, they're always soft as gently caress for some reason. quiznos toasts that poo poo to perfection w/ nearly blackened edges and crispy goodness

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i will admit that quiznos achieves a level of toastiness that isn't for me

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got Cousins Subs today. The chicken cheddar deluxe. I got the 15" so I have one 7.5" for lunch and the other for dinner. It's just under my calorie goal of 1,600 for the day.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I got Cousins Subs today. The chicken cheddar deluxe. I got the 15" so I have one 7.5" for lunch and the other for dinner. It's just under my calorie goal of 1,600 for the day.

I feel like of all the sub chains (around here), cousins probably holds up the best for leftovers

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It worked out fine. Just a few hours in the fridge didn't do much. There wasn't much liquidy stuff on it so it didn't get soggy and the bread didn't get stale.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
For subway, the italian or hot italian ("spicy" not warm) aren't too bad. Load up with crunchy veg, olives, onions, banana peppers, hot pepper spread, and sub sauce. Its like a decent antipasto in sub format.

And i think those are some of their cheaper sandwiches too. Haven't been in a while though, might be wrong.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I agree with Firehouse being #1 tier although Potbelly is really good too. Jersey Mikes is probably next although some of their cold subs are pretty bland even with "the juice."

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I just started going to Pot Belly and I'm really liking it. Yesterday however, 4 people just got pepper sprayed there.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Potbelly received massive loans from the recent stimulus. Whether they returned it or not cannot change that they applied for it as a "small business". gently caress em.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

BaconCopter posted:

Potbelly received massive loans from the recent stimulus. Whether they returned it or not cannot change that they applied for it as a "small business". gently caress em.

Tbf they didn’t create the loophole, they just exploited it with like every other chain hospitality business. There are plenty of huge companies not giving their PPP loans back so at least they’re in that camp. It didn’t help that the banks prioritized the big loans either.

I got hooked on potbelly at school in Chicago. The Italian is good but hot peppers are a must on that one. The clubby (secret menu but not really) is great. The bacon is Neuske’s so it’s delicious. Oreo smoothies rock.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Explaining how they did it and how "everyone else is doing it" certainly doesn't make it better in any fathomable way.

gently caress em.

Keep in mind this was Pot Belly corporate that filed. Subway has defended it's franchise owners (appropriately) applying for the same loans.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Apr 30, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
God drat I can't keep up with the companies I no longer give money to. Walmart, Chik-fil-a, Home Depot, Hobby Lobby, Menards, etc.

I do still like Pot Belly but poo poo.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

meh. frankly every restaurant business needs help right now, including the giant chains. I'm angry with the government (and banks) who decided to make these "small business loans/grants" accessible to the big guys. there should have been more regulations in the PPP to ensure independent restaurants (and immigrant and minority run, too) got the loans/grants but there wasn't because the lawmakers are dumb and/or turning a blind eye. the system is hosed, but I don't blame the big guys for going after loans that were basically handed to them. the new bill that adds $120b to PPP doesn't even address the fixes that restaurants need to make this work, it sucks.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

God drat I can't keep up with the companies I no longer give money to. Walmart, Chik-fil-a, Home Depot, Hobby Lobby, Menards, etc.

I do still like Pot Belly but poo poo.

There is no ethical consumption under capitalism

For content I think Firehouse is my favorite sub chain. There is one remaining Quiznos near me but last time I went there it was just sad inside.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 30, 2020

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

oh hey since we were talking about it, go do this automated form to send emails to your congresspeople to fix the PPP for independent restaurants: https://www.saverestaurants.com/take-action/

for real it helps and also that's a good group follow them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
https://thetakeout.com/subway-grocery-launches-pickup-and-delivery-service-1843177769

Subway straight up just selling their lovely ingredients in bulk now. Buy a whole sack of subway bread loaves and make your entire house reek of that stinky stank. Or maybe just buy a gallon sized bag of mayonnaise with a bunch of black olives thrown in