Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

And the heroes still remorselessly massacre them by the thousands. What’s up with that

It’s like they wanted a reason for Finn to be totally innocent instead of like just a guy who bought into First Order propaganda and then defected when he saw the reality of it, but didn’t think about what that meant for every other stormtrooper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

abrams is an idiot, op

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Finn is cute but it's weird how he happily murders his class comrades instead of rallying them to the resistance

The dude is objectively charismatic, he could probably bring a bunch of troopers over.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Squizzle posted:

abrams is an idiot, op

I've run the numbers and this checks out

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Finn is cute but it's weird how he happily murders his class comrades instead of rallying them to the resistance

The dude is objectively charismatic, he could probably bring a bunch of troopers over.

TBF he would've been keenly aware of the First Order's "Shoot first and let the midichlorians sort them out" policy so it's kill or be killed unless being captured is convenient to the plot.

Also I think the whole stolen-and-trained-from-birth thing was supposed to be some kind of inverse of Jedi recruitment, and having Finn and the other defector(s?) say they could feel their midichlorians is yet another potentially interesting angle that went nowhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

And the heroes still remorselessly massacre them by the thousands. What’s up with that

lol yeah coming out of TROS one of my friends pointed out "uhhhhhh so they really took care to hammer home that the FO are going around abducting children all over the place to fill out their ranks, how many of those kids wound up on the death penis armada that got completely blown the gently caress up at the end?"