Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Today is a good day to enjoy baseballs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Red posted:

He has $69 mil left on his deal, with 10/5 rights. The Orioles are stuck with him.

He’ll basically sit versus lefties while the Os hope he does well enough they can figure out a way to dump some of his money.

Nice

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Popete posted:

I was driving down the street the other day and some guy was just pissing on the sidewalk. That's my piss story, I felt like I needed to tell someone.

Marathon Monday is a big day for college daydrinking/partying in Boston and my first marathon Monday I stumbled out of my friends apartment at 11AM and there was a chick just squatting in the middle of a street in broad daylight pissing, this is my piss story.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

who could have predicted that the players would be upset about blatant cheating going completely and utterly unpunished by the MLB? The same people who throw hissy fits when you watch a baseball they hit go far? What a shocking turn of events.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Protecting players here is not "Pro Labor" because the Astors scandal goes all the way to the loving Top. Ownership, Management and Labor all conspired together to cheat the system and protecting labor and sticking it all on management without ever touching ownership is just as damaging to the system as cheating in the first place.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Poque posted:

sounds more like a Matheny move to me

unless its with your wife in the missionary position

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

https://twitter.com/devanfink/status/1231818021343236096?s=21

Trout stats are my favorite thing. He’s 7th all time in WAR since 1991 too!

This is such a confusing graphic and also im pretty sure its just false. Albert Pujols has a higher career WAR than Trout by a pretty huge margin, so im not sure why 2004-2010 just say "Trout". Pujols would be the obvious leader during those years.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 25, 2020

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Pancakes posted:

Today’s Top 100, Maddux at #31, was a really good read.

Did he talk about maddux pissing on people in the locker room?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Time to sevarino that tendon

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Bregor posted:

Pretty convenient that your chief division rival just traded their best position player and 2nd best starter. Might actually have to sweat about winning 95+ games again.

The Rays did no such thing

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/SeanyDooWop/status/1239682229527121926

C: Jorge Posada
1B: JI JIM THOME
2B: Alfonso Soriano
SS: Derek Jeter I guess
3B: A Rod
LF: Hideki Matsui
CF: Bernie WIlliams
RF: Aaron Judge
DH: Jason Giambi

SP: Mike Mussina
SP: Jim Abbot (Because his no hitter was played on early YES like 2 times a week)
SP: Andy PEttite

RP: Mo

Jim Thome being the only yankee is pretty funny now that im thinking about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Mayveena posted:

No love for Jackie at 2nd base? I don't know enough players well enough to have a list, I'd just list a bunch of Dodgers :shrug:

Seeing as he died when I was *Checks notes* Negative 19 years old I don't think its possible for me to have watched him