Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/ShiDavidi/status/1227639300503883777

uhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I can't get mad at the Mets for that. They offered a fair package. Its reasonable to not want to give up your potential superstar for 1 year. If there's no guarantee of Mookie negotiating exclusively with you its a huge cost when you're not even a lock as a contender. Its tough to think they might have had (the other) Mookie but it seems reasonable.

Are you saying that McNeil is a potential superstar???

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

McNeil is really good. 4 more years of control of him is worth a lot. I think it's reasonable to not want to trade him. Especially looking at what the dodgers ended up giving up which isn't nearly that valuable.

Absolutely, but he is not a potential superstar and not wanting to include him for Lindor especially seems insane.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/LottOnBaseball/status/1227957558113116167

the athletic posted:

Dep. Robert Smith and Dep. Matthew Skypack arrived approximately five minutes after the call to police was made, the report said. The deputies located a white Mercedes-Benz SUV with clear tint windows. A white male, who was later identified as McGuire, was inside. As police approached the vehicle, they “could clearly observe the male subject was naked from the waist down.”

McGuire, 24, was asked to exit the vehicle and was apologetic while expressing his embarrassment. “I really shouldn’t have been doing that,” he said, according to the report.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Intruder posted:

Did someone expect Crane to say yes mlb should strip our title?

Do you think that's what people are saying?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/Sam4TR/status/1227986481169477632

Big fan of this one hahaha

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Sydin posted:

Wow Gift's wikipedia is wild, I didn't realize he bounced around so much so quickly between teams and leagues. Sucks that he hasn't gotten a chance to actually try and establish himself in the majors, he crushed the ever loving poo poo out of the Australian and Independent leagues he was in so the talent is there, but he's gotten less than 90 career PA's in the majors.

You generally have to be a mediocre hitter in AA or AAA to at least to get a decent run in the majors.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

A-Rod for player/owner.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/billplunkettocr/status/1228410211888533504

How many teams will do this I wonder.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Drunk Canuck posted:

Leave Adam Dunn alone, gently caress.

Somwhere JP Ricciardi is excited

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

I got some cool shoes from my brother who volunteers at a thrift shop type store today.

I don’t know how old they are, the logo looks like their 2020 one to me but it could just be a knockoff of the 80s/90s ones?

These were in stores within the last few years.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I think Richie Sexson was the tallest hitter ever, at least that I remember. Possibly Tony Clark.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The largest hitter I ever saw in person was Frank Thomas and he looked like he could bench press me with one arm

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/RyanS_MouseDuck/status/1230877542925717508

HELLO gently caress ROGERS!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

euphronius posted:

Sports net NOW will probably have its own set of blackout restrictions.

No, it works no matter where you are, but you would have to pay for both sportsnet now AND mlb.tv to watch all the games and Sportsnet Now is a much shittier service, so Rogers can eat my rear end.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Pretty pissed that I'll either have to pay for cable, jump through hoops with VPN/DNS stuff, or do some other bullshit just to watch the Jays in the country of Canada. Also nice of them to tell you that after they charge you the automatic renewal fee. How are other Jays fans going to watch this year? I only ever used MLB.tv. Doubt I can afford cable. This is lame as hell. gently caress Rogers.

E: I recall people saying you could stream it through some Rogers app if you logged in with an e-mail associated with a cable subscription or something? Is that still a thing? Might be able to steal my parents / a rich friends cable login for that..

I have bell's alt-tv and can use that to login to sportsnet now, so ya apparently any 'cable' sub.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

https://twitter.com/NBCSCubs/status/1231346257786003456

In news surprising no one, Brandon Morrow has suffered a setback.

His entire career has more rehab time than pitching

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

All hail the newest and beefiest lad, Alejandro Kirk.

https://twitter.com/RyanDifrancesco/status/1231305511917826055

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Bregor posted:

Oh my sweet lord he's listed at catcher on Roster Resource.

Friendship ended with WILLIANS

Now ALEJANDRO is my best friend

My dude.

He's legit a good catcher.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

As long as Luis Robert speaks in the third person, that comp works

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

euphronius posted:

I have never seen a team hate it’s fans as much as the cubs

Let me tell you about Eugene Melnyk and the Ottawa Senators

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Darrin Fletcher was cool as hell

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

gently caress ya let's goddman go

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

bewbies posted:

I thought Yelich still had 3 relatively cheap years on his deal? I didn't think MLB players could negotiate that early, or renegotiate...

The MLBPA gebwrally lets players renegotiate provided they are adding money.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

MrMojok posted:

What happens to the Yankees if half their team is on the DL (getting to this point already) and then four other guys who are still on the active roster get it?

They get disbanded and everyone cheers

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Just add in a laugh track and you won't even notice the difference!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Intruder posted:

I may be talking out of my rear end but it feels like NHL players are at a lot less risk than NBA players. If nothing else, using a stick and puck instead of a ball everyone is touching and getting sweat on greatly reduces the chance of exposure

They had a loving mumps epidemic like 5 years ago

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

That plan is so hilariously bad but it definitely is going to happen and the season will last 3 weeks.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The idea that you can just keep 2k+ people away from the rest of the world in some bubble and noone will get in or out is just so beyond what a reasonable person might think is possible that I'm hootin and hollerin.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

How long will this last before a bunch of players have covid from sneaking off to have sex with women they met on tinder.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Put ankle bracelets on all the players.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Lumpy posted:

How long will this last before a bunch of women have covid from having sex with players they met on tinder?

Excellent point!

I assumed that mlb/teams would be testing and isolating people upon arrival in Arizona.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Infect them all now, whoever survives gets to play in 6 weeks.

Also, lmao

https://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/status/1247601539256107009

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

GPTribefan posted:

1995 had Maddux, Smoltz, Glavine, Chipper, Thome, and Murray.... and Ramirez, Vizquel and Lofton could (and should) be at some point

96 has Smoltz, Glavine, Maddux, Jones, Rivera, Boggs, Jeter and Raines.

Not to mention Cone, Pettitte, Andruw Jones and the Crime Dog

Darude - Adam Sandstorm fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 15, 2020

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

blossommirage posted:

Also Cox and Torre if we're counting managers.

Also Schuerholz

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Sydin posted:

By WAR Hamels needs ~13 more WAR to hit the average career WAR of HoF pitchers which isn't impossible but I'm not sure I'd put money on it. Pretty much no way in hell he's hitting the average seven year WAR peak though. By counting stats he only needs 2 more 150 IP seasons to hit 3000 IP, and he has an outside shot at 3000 K's if he has three healthy seasons left in him. By hardware he's got a ring and an NLCS/WS MVP, but no Cy finish better than 5th place and only 4 AS nods.

I wouldn't say he's got zero shot at making the Hall, but even in the best case scenario of him having 2-3 strong seasons left in him I think he's still straddling the line of Hall of Fame and Hall of Really Good.

He's just gotta win 2 Cy Youngs. Got it.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Pancakes posted:

Put Mauer, Posey and Martin in together.

Agreed

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I have to imagine there's suddenly a whole bunch of MiLB owners that are more than willing to shutter and never open back up right now.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Surely the Red Sox knew nothing of this, and only moved the video room directly next to the dugout immediately after hiring Cora for reasons that are definitely not cheating related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Popete posted:

The replay guy wasn't the one at the plate receiving signs and benefiting from.

Don't worry the Red Sox lost a second round pick for being tangentially related to the replay guy.