Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ScottyJSno posted:

The Road to the Show analog has a dating sim built into it, and you can buy stuff to put into your digital dudes house. TVs and sofas and junk. I need to get a PS4.

edit: you can get married but you have to buy a car first.

Finally the spiritual successor to Power Pros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

I’m ready for Houston Texans football!

Liar

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Did someone expect Crane to say yes mlb should strip our title?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Thom P. Tiers posted:

What?

He had over a month to prepare a fake apology and he came out and said it didn't impact the game and we won the world series lmao

What do you think the follow-up question would have been if he said yes cheating is the reason we won those games?

IcePhoenix posted:

why go to all that effort when you can just read intruder's posts

:rolleyes:

e: anyway none of Crane's answers should have been surprising and I doubt any other owner would have answered any differently in his shoes. Not saying it isn't an empty apology just that it shouldn't be unexpected

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Feb 13, 2020

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Popete posted:

If the trash can didn't wanna be banged it shouldn't have been there.

It's not Reddick's fault he was on the playoff roster

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I've seen people here and on Twitter question why the younger players would follow Beltran's lead and I'm just imagining myself as a wet behind the ears 24 year old showing up to work and meeting a 40 year old coworker and yeah I can kind of see it

Doesn't really apply to Altuve or Springer since they'd been around awhile

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

coronavirus posted:

the honest competition of the game of baseball.

lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

coronavirus posted:

bregman burner account spotted

You're right this is truly the first instance of cheating in the otherwise pure sport of baseball

STAC Goat posted:

I love Intruder and consider him my Baseball Buddy and don't think we should be mean to him.

So lets instead laugh at an old friend.
https://twitter.com/AstrosRants/status/1227995093812027392

Oh wow. It broke him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I earned that ring

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

cpranger posted:

The rush hour sports radio in DC interviewed a reporter from Houston, Seth Payne I believe. Payne said, and I quote, "I sympathize with Patriots fans now."

How does one feel sympathy for a team that fell rear end backwards into the best QB and best coach of all time at the same time for 20 years

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Popete posted:

I have to wonder how many of these guys just never got off the couch this off season? Maybe it's higher than we would like to think.

You're either in the best shape of your life or you've got carpal tunnel from playing xbox all offseason

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Astros should just never mention it again and if asked about it pretend not to know what anyone is talking about

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

What would be fuckin cool instead of throwing at any players is if teams just forfeit any game to be played in Houston. Deny the team any real revenue. The obvious downside is they would end up with a record season, but this is actually great because it's another thing in their history that would have a big asterisk next to it.

I agree this would be the correct path, all through the postseason even

Ratedargh posted:

The Toronto Sun is a notable piece of trash, but this is great

https://twitter.com/StaceGots/status/1228362925678776321

:lol:

Don't miss the "Bater up!" at the bottom either

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A-Rod managing the Mets

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Devils Avocado posted:

It's a pretty dangerous lineup to be handing out free bases like they were candy. And also, is everyone just assuming the Astros staff is going to just let it go? They might very well break the record for HBP taken AND given out.

They're not going to throw at the bottom of the lineup, they're going to throw at the dangerous hitters

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Popete posted:

They're not gonna get bean'd every AB, it'll happen in blow out games or situations where it's likely not going to make a difference.

This is also true

Hell, beanings might be how some teams get around the three batter minimum when facing the Astros :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I just tried to move my arm into the position Bartolo's is in that picture and OW

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

They should just embrace it and make their slogan for the season "Trash the competition" or something

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

rickiep00h posted:

All those Worlds of Power books were remarkably good. I had Blaster Master, Ninja Gaiden, and Mega Man 2. (The last one was pretty odd as they made him human for some reason, but eh.)

I had the Blaster Master and Simon's Quest books, I must have read them a million times

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hell yeah the Mets are touting their medical and conditioning staff

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Astros should hire me to tell them to shut the gently caress up publicly since apparently they don't have a shut the gently caress up guy on the payroll

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Lmao oh yeah, you've been a real pro about not denying and trying to use weak bullshit to explain things away.

I forgot I am publicly representing the Astros in the national media

Whine more about it though

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Strasburgs UCL posted:

I wasn't really holding this against the Astros players on a personal level since I know I wouldn't have said poo poo about the cheating if it were me, but their reaction has been so lovely these last few days that I am starting to get annoyed. They managed to lose a guy who doesn't really even care about cheating lol.

I have no idea what Correa was thinking in his comments

There's no way he thought anyone would buy that is there?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

If they cover their bodies in buzzers like armor they will never take damage

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Johnny Bravo posted:

I don't think anyone here wants to see them get injured by a pitch

Don't think this is true

It's just a lot of mealy mouthed "I don't WANT teams to throw at their heads, but if they do I can understand it"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

NBA all star weekend kind of sucks anyway

The only all star event worth a drat anymore is the HRD

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Red posted:

Per @hgomez27, 1995 Yankee Tony Fernandez, the man Derek Jeter replaced at shortstop, has died of a cerebral hemorrhage.

Dang

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

GalacticAcid posted:

Once GDT’s are up and astrosposting commences you will hate them again

General Dog loves posts that annoy people so he'll love it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

poo poo, this means Manfred told them there will be no disciplinary actions for retaliation

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Manfred just wants people to forget to be annoyed by the three batter minimum

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

David Stern would have just gone up there and thrown up the double birds then left

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

To make it easier, don't bother with the share links thing imgur uses, just right click the image and select "copy image address"

The forums will automatically add the image tags

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

I didn't say anything even close to that you moronic loving piece of poo poo

Man LA fans are testy after that 0-2 start in the XFL

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

weed cat posted:

You know who else stole signs? That's right. :godwin:

I thought we stole signs from him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chamale posted:

The Nazis had horrible info security and we were stealing all their secret messages. That's what happens when a villain assumes their enemies must be stupider than them.

much like the astros

This doesn't work because the Astros were the ones stealing the secret messages

Anyway I'm no world war 2 scholar but I thought the enigma thing was actually incredibly difficult to crack

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

what if they induct beltran but the whole time he's trying to give his speech he gets drowned out by someone banging a trash can

All gave some, some gave all

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

zapplez is your goal to single handedly pay for lowtax's new spine

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I have bad news for you about the 2018 Sox

Like literally the one fanbase that can't dunk on this

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sab0921 posted:

If you subscribe to the all publicity is good publicity school of thought, Manfred has been working this well - not from an integrity of the game or level of punishment perspective, but rather when was the last time baseball was a major topic of discussion in February? I wonder how many people are going to buy tickets to hate watch and boo the gently caress out of the Astros hoping one of them takes a fastball to the dome?

I do not in fact subscribe to that and think it's BS

You do not, if you're running your professional sports league, want a narrative of "we don't care if you cheat" spreading in regards to the league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I agree with the idea that someone who is cheating but hasn't been caught would never publicly express anger at someone who cheated and has been caught