Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm sure this will make things better

https://twitter.com/Jomboy_/status/1228898678930362369?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Shocking News: The Giants have disinvited the rapey and violence threatening Aubrey Huff, a dude Schilling would say is trying too hard, from their 2010 World Series reunion.

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticSF/status/1229595735940665344

Every time I hear about Aubrey Huff I'm reminded of someone a long time ago on I think McCovey Chronicles who named his daughter Aubrey after this guy.

Get owned you smoothbrained bitch

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

A chair might mess up his posture and give him a double chin?

Someone just really wanted to take that photo?

Photographers and baseball players aren't the smartest people?

Or it's funnier this way

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Pancakes posted:

I feel really badly for Sandoval; it seems like he probably has an eating disorder and it really sucks to have to deal with one publicly. I can only imagine what it’s be like having literally millions of people giving you poo poo about it.

You can tell he wants to lose weight but it becomes the first thing to go when the stress of the season gets to him. He yo-yoed seemingly every year for a while.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Sho hey baby :wink:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/EephusTosser/status/1231362339561066496?s=19

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Fun fact Mason Saunders dated a girl in high school named Mason Saunders

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Dude calm down

https://twitter.com/NBCSGiants/status/1234961419696627713?s=19

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Puig being such a big baby that he doesn't get a contract would be the 4th championship for Giants fans since 2010.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Guys please stop being madison bumgarner style racists because those are the only people who dont like yasiel puig, or so I was told

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Well poo poo sign Puig he's Actually Good

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Der Meister posted:

The entire dodgers clubhouse shat on him as soon as he left lol

I missed this. Sucks that all the Dodgers are racist

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

San Francisco apparently banned gatherings of 1000 or more people today, too.

Edit: the reporter clarified it was for the next 2 weeks so it might not roll into the season.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

My wife got me Giants tickets for opening weekend for my birthday let me keep this hope :argh:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Mayveena posted:

They could have kept playing with the teams they had you realize that right? There was no law or requirement that they suspend the games. Yes it would have been suicide but they 'caved' in the sense that they realized the virus was beyond them being able to contain or handle in the moment.

The Pelicans literally refused to take the court last night.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Sydin posted:

MLB may be canceled but hey at least MLB The Show 20 unlocks in three hours and can be played safely from the comfort of your home while you self-isolate. :)

I got all excited because I remembered the press release about it being on xbone but that's in 2021 :(

I should just dig my PS2 and MVP Baseball 2005 back out of the back of the closet

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Mayveena posted:

Anyone heard what they are going to do about tickets already purchased? Have tickets to the April 16 Dodger-Cards game that is not going to get played.

My wife contacted the Giants to ask about our opening weekend tickets and they told her to hold on until decisions are made and then they will talk refunds and exchanges

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Mostly Giants, with weird reasons for other players

C: Gerald Dempsey "Buster" Posey III
1B: JT Snow
2B: Craig Biggio
3B: Pablo Sandoval
SS: Omar Vizquel
LF: Ser Barrold of Bonds, Duh
CF: Ken Griffey Jr.
RF: Hunter Pence
DH: Big Hurt

SP: Tim Lincecum
SP: Kerry Wood*
SP: Zack Greinke**
SP: Kirk Reuter
SP: Jason Schmidt***
RP: Rod Beck
RP: Bobby Wagner

*I got cable in my bedroom in 1998 and watched a bunch of Cubs games on WGN
**his curveball was unstoppable starting in the second year of franchise mode in MVP Baseball 2005
***equal parts how good he was with the Giants and how bad he was for the Dodgers

I mean if your favorite closer doesn't look like this, then I dunno what to tell you

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

holy poo poo this is amazing lmao

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Sydin posted:

I still have no idea how to bunt since The Show 19. Bunting, particularly sac bunting, used to be the easiest thing in the goddamn world. Now I seemingly can't do loving anything besides miss a bunt, bunt foul, or bunt too hard and at a minimum get the lead runner thrown out. I've tried using the stick to choose the direction of my bunt that just seems to make my bunts even shittier.

I actually had trouble with this too so what I do instead is I

Never
Bunt
Hit
Dingers

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Splint Chesthair posted:

“You there, Strawberry! Hit a home run!”
“Okay, Skip!”

To this day a high school friend of mine will do Daaaaaarylllllll Daaaarylllllll whenever we are at a baseball game

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1242922705969713152?s=19

Dodgers might have traded Downs and Verdugo for David loving Price lol

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Yeah this season isn't gonna happen

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

The travel restriction thing is interesting. Since there aren't any de jure restrictions on interstate travel that I'm aware of, that has to be making sure that teams can get in and out of Toronto. No one's brought this up yet, but the Blue Jays might have to find an American stadium to play their home games if MLB wants next season to start on time

There are some limited restrictions in place already

https://twitter.com/DavidSchechter/status/1243257945317662720?s=19

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Flights or are there setting up like state border checkpoints?

Flights

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Pancakes posted:

Leave it to Jim Edmonds to make a big display out of something that's pretty easy to catch.

Excuse me

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The Braves could, and call me crazy, just have the ASG in 2022 instead. This is assuming the $100MM renovations to LA's stadium last more than one season, of course

A neutral site World Series is dumb bullshit

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Spaced God posted:

I was 7 years old in 2003 y'all are fuckin boomers

What are you gonna do about it ya lil baby huh eat a tide pod?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

There's also the utter fuckin idiocy of bringing in to roboumps so the home plate umpire can stand further back while being unable to reposition the catcher

Retrofit catchers masks to have N95 filters. Genius.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/hunterpence/status/1248407410810576896

I love this goofy bastard so much

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

MrMojok posted:

You really need your Pence avatar back.

losing the 2020 season would be the ultimate even year bullshit... I think you might be right

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Carlosologist posted:

Yeah, the MVP machine discusses how Lunhow hires McKinsey to help evaluate their organizational efficiencies and they came up with the genius solution of cutting “excessive” expenditures such as in person scouts and lower level minor league teams

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/craigcalcaterra/status/1253405490136125440

PROTECT VIN

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

There should not be a 2020 MLB season. Whether they do it or not is up to them, but they should not do it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Pancakes posted:

What’s the single most unlikely pitching performance of all time? Humber’s perfect game?

That's gotta be #1 but I'm partial to the dual facts that (1) Jonathan Sanchez threw a no hitter and (2) later went on to plead a bean ball suspension with the "I'm just really bad" defense.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

RIP WBC 2021

https://twitter.com/Enrique_Rojas1/status/1259888526369476608

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

I wonder if teams still get that sweet sweet cable TV cash if there's no season. RSNs aint gonna be happy about paying $100 million for nothing. Maybe the contracts are void if there's no games to broadcast?

Also I don't have cable, but it's gotta suck to be paying ten bucks a month for Root Sports Whatever and your team isn't on.

Funny, Yahoo! just wrote an article about that

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Intruder posted:

Spo don't play their game and put the ! in the name

come on man have some dignity

It was in the FantasyPros style guide when I did limited writing for them and it stuck. Don't blame me blame them!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

So it appears possible we've seen our last non-DH MLB game already. Who hit The Final Pitcher Dinger?

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1260590177619230720

booooo

BOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

chilihead posted:

Why because tradition? NFL and NBA have had nor problems changing rules and altering the game for the best.
Baseball is soooooo stubborn. I love baseball and would love the DH in both leagues and would also love attempts to modernize the game.

the DH is for cowards