Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
well well well tonight all of a sudden my kid wanted to sleep in undies unprompted. guess I got another extra load of laundry to do tomorrow
but it’s worth it. I didn’t ask why ;I was like well pick what you want to wear and let’s go to bed. think she wants to be out of the pre school mentality now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
the baby is 4 months old now, time flies. She's getting more active and awake which is cool but still hate ls not being held

anyways, I just remembered how amazing this diaper rash cream is for any other baby havers.

https://www.amazon.com/PINXAV-DIAPER-RASH-CREAM-OZ/dp/B001V9FOPA

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

guess I got lucky the kid stayed dry overnight, she did tell me can can hold it all night so we’ll see if she wants to try again, she tends to have multiple false starts on these things

Willzilla
Aug 16, 2006

Rawr
For the longest time my wife and I were like “boo hoo why isn’t he more cuddly” and then a finger on the monkey paw curled and now he won’t nap alone. I’m stuck rn

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

that’s my dream.

dude’s 18m now and just wants to toddle 24/7.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Willzilla posted:

For the longest time my wife and I were like “boo hoo why isn’t he more cuddly” and then a finger on the monkey paw curled and now he won’t nap alone. I’m stuck rn

sometimes my brother and I will try to plan a night where we get wasted and play Worms WMD while FaceTiming but it typically falls through because he's in this same situation but for bedtimes as well.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

oxsnard posted:

the baby is 4 months old now, time flies. She's getting more active and awake which is cool but still hate ls not being held

anyways, I just remembered how amazing this diaper rash cream is for any other baby havers.

https://www.amazon.com/PINXAV-DIAPER-RASH-CREAM-OZ/dp/B001V9FOPA

Ha, you also have a November baby? Our kiddo turned 4 months on the 4th, and that same blessed day he decided simultaneously that he no longer wants to sleep in his super fancy bassinet preferring the crib, and also deciding that 8 hours of sleep is a fine start to a night.

I'd light a candle in a church if I didn't know better.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
yeah it's baby number 3 and she wasn't planned for so honestly it's whatever and we're rolling with it. I have her in a carrier sleeping on me probably 6 or so hours per day

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

my youngest tells me this is a man walking like a donut, but all i can see is dickbutt...

im sorry, my child, but the internet has ruined your father

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

that is clearly dickbutt.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Insanite posted:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Insanite posted:

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Insanite posted:

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
My 18 year-old daughter, back from college, said, “you know what daddy? when you said everything wrong was because of capitalism and were flipping off the police, we didn’t get it. Now I get it.”

Odd to think how long she was eyerolling me, but nice feeling.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

My 3 month old, back from her doctor's visit with her mom, looked at me and said "History does nothing, it ‘possesses no immense wealth’, it ‘wages no battles’. It is man, real, living man who does all that, who possesses and fights; ‘history’ is not, as it were, a person apart, using man as a means to achieve its own aims; history is nothing but the activity of man pursuing his aims."

I cried

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
my kid told me I was the best pancake chef ever today. who am I to question him?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

U-DO Burger posted:

my youngest tells me this is a man walking like a donut, but all i can see is dickbutt...

im sorry, my child, but the internet has ruined your father

Insanite posted:

hahah it is in her dna that is legit dickbutt

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

it's funnier too (given the original intent of the comic) that she did it on a magna doodle

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

a friend posed the question, "i wonder if blank will remember this poo poo" referring to my kid currently in virtual kindergarten

my response is as follows,

like poo poo the kid constantly refers to events that happened when she was 3 and 4, i'm pretty sure she'll remember some of these events for the rest of her life
just thinking back on my own life there's plenty of events i remember from that age

in closing,

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

eh all kids are different. some kids can't stand a swampy diaper and others will just stew in it and not care.

one thing that helps is to do a double up of layers:

1) fitted sheet

2) mattress protector

3) another fitted sheet

4) mattress protector

this was when the kid pisses the bed in the middle of the night you can change them and then just tear off the top layer and put them back down without having to actually do the whole sheet change dance at 2 AM.
this is brilliant and i wish i thought of this when my oldest was young. the laundry was endless. all of you talking about your younger babes, follow this advice right now

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Flavius Aetass posted:

UGGHHHHHHH

she flipped the teacher off after refusing to do her work

i've let things get way too lax and hands off lately and i think i need to institute some serious rules about screen time

do any of you have an example screen time schedule you'd like to share?
our current screen time routine is two 30 minute sessions where she gets to watch whatever she wants (obv within reason) throughout the day
sometimes it's 30min in the morning, then later on in the afternoon. sometimes it's none until afternoon/evening and she gets a full hour. it all depends on how the day goes.
in the end she has some control (timing, combining sessions, what she can watch within reason) and it's worked out pretty good for the past year or so.
so far she has a good rotation of some kids netflix shows, some pbs shows, and some kids yoga channels on youtube and shits worked out so far

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Good soup! posted:

My 3 month old, back from her doctor's visit with her mom, looked at me and said "History does nothing, it ‘possesses no immense wealth’, it ‘wages no battles’. It is man, real, living man who does all that, who possesses and fights; ‘history’ is not, as it were, a person apart, using man as a means to achieve its own aims; history is nothing but the activity of man pursuing his aims."

I cried

my three year told me that he built all the buildings and planted all the trees.

i said, "so its your fault."

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Tzen posted:

a friend posed the question, "i wonder if blank will remember this poo poo" referring to my kid currently in virtual kindergarten

my response is as follows,

like poo poo the kid constantly refers to events that happened when she was 3 and 4, i'm pretty sure she'll remember some of these events for the rest of her life
just thinking back on my own life there's plenty of events i remember from that age

in closing,

Brains aren't developed enough to form memories in the same way as adults until around 7. Even then, our memories are a lot less static and concrete than they feel to us. Your friend's kindergardener will remember the pandemic the same way late 90s kids remember 9-11; a vague central emotion surrounded by personal or family anecdotes, societal storytelling, and images from TV/the internet.

Adjectivist Philosophy has issued a correction as of 13:25 on Mar 10, 2021

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

my son is "student of the week" so today kids got to ask him questions and this one kid goes "would you rather go to school or stay at home with your mom and dad?"

And I'm thinking "this kid is a fuckin plant!"

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

my son is "student of the week" so today kids got to ask him questions and this one kid goes "would you rather go to school or stay at home with your mom and dad?"

probably loving is

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

what did your son say

depending on the answer we may some harsh but necessary advice for you :sever:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

oh he immediately said "stay home".

he has snacks on demand. his little brother is always around to play with him. there's an iPad and Minecraft. why would he do anything else?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

oh good im not the only one letting my kids binge on minecraft and ipads lol

your kid sounds pretty cool :hai:

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

I'm honestly not denying my kid much of anything during the pandemic.

She's gonna be so spoiled.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Organic Lube User posted:

I'm honestly not denying my kid much of anything during the pandemic.

She's gonna be so spoiled.

yeah I’ve spoiled mine but I don’t care we brought her into this hellword

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I mean it's not like either of my kids have been to a museum or a party or the zoo or a barbecue or anything for almost a year.

they can have a little Nintendo Switch as a treat.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

gently caress I do miss going to the children’s museum, sure it was a bacteria/virus pit but my kid used the hand sanitizer a lot then, now ...oh hell no, we’re going fishing instead this summer and riding bikes

I bought two sets of tubelox so she could climb around during lovely Michigan winters

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

I mean it's not like either of my kids have been to a museum or a party or the zoo or a barbecue or anything for almost a year.

they can have a little Nintendo Switch as a treat.

i miss the dang zoo. and trying to get some culture into him with visits to museums

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I've just gone full swine and gotten my older kid into D&D (the game not the forum). he's gonna have culture and it's gonna be hot garbage.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I started playing D&D with my girls and they loving love it. The 6 yr old is a druid and spends every game in Wolf form and casts Talk to Animals all the time. She's legit the most in character person I've ever played with and it's great.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

it's really fun figuring out which rules to enforce or how to simplify some systems so they're not super confusing for a six and four year old.

we also use Lego minifigs and draw huge maps on butcher paper.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

I play hero kids with mine, it’s a dice base rpg like D&D but you’re kids trying to save the adults

we’re in a basement just trying to kill rats

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

that sounds like fun

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

well, someone in the WhatsApp thread finally asked who was going to opt in to the lovely four-days-a-week, half day in-school option.

crickets. so I weighed in and said we aren't doing it. let's see if anyone else even responds.

e: this is Seattle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

I've just gone full swine and gotten my older kid into D&D (the game not the forum). he's gonna have culture and it's gonna be hot garbage.

Children should never come into contact with D&D.

Send them straight to CSPAM.