Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Votskomit posted:

My mom: "I know you don't fully trust me with Grandchild. I can feel you keeping her at a distance."

Also my mom: "oh it looks like Grandchild is slightly fussy today… this is unpleasant so I'm going home haha, goodbye"

Oh yeah our daughter slapped grandma in the face when she was having a tantrum and not quite two years old. This brought on a lecture to my wife that she should teach our infant daughter better.

Some grandparents don't quite grasp that we, not them, make all of the decisions, like, whether they see their grandchildren ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Mustached Demon posted:

they want women out of the workforce

jokes on them im a man

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

KirbyKhan posted:

Daughter is looking lactose intolerant too. I'm not willing to give up on project milk yet, but like the bad poops and the angry gas night terrors have started since we tapered off formula and started cutting it with lactose whole milk 3 weeks ago... At night she would get all restlessly wiggly and then prop herself up against the headboard and sleep sitting up mostly vertical. Silliest thing to see

we gave our son goat's milk for a year or so and he's fine with cow milk now

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

sonatinas posted:

yes. my spouse is in a job where she can’t answer the phone. I tell everyone call me first . they never do. I think I even put my number as a primary..

yeah we stopped giving people her number

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

we had my son's 10th birthday party at an arcade south of Seattle and it was the best goddamn birthday party. every machine on free play and all the machines worked (even the dozen plus pinball machines).

one kid showed up in a custom denim vest that he cut at the bottom so that it looked exactly like Nelson Muntz' jacket. fuckin owns.

our local retro arcade fronts as a video rental store and has a replica 80s-90s basement just beyond. you can sit on an old brown couch and play duck hunt on the nes.

the couch was even broken last time we went so you werent allowed to sit on it - just like at your friend's house

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 has issued a correction as of 14:42 on Mar 25, 2024

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Welp, we're at a crossroads with the Kindergartener. She's been identifed as gifted and invited to participate in our district's highly gifted program, which is fulltime, bussed, and by all accounts very good. However, she's currently attending a dual-language Spanish immersion school that is very good school but gets very low marks because half the kids are learning English for the first time. It is also one of the most diverse schools in our very white state. The kid isn't bored yet, because she's in kindergarten, but I'm sure it's going to come sooner rather than later.

Our options are:
1. Accept the highly gifted placement. The pros are obviously that she'll be challenged, the cons are the loss of Spanish immersion and a more diverse (intellectually, if nothing else) friend group.
2. Do a one day a week pull out program which offers some gifted services. The pros are that it's some bit of challenge and it keeps her in her current school with her current class. The cons are that it's less challenging
3. Skip her up a grade. Pros are a more immediate, keeping her near her friends (the grades will share recesses throughout elementary school) and keeping her in Spanish. The cons are having to do a new immediate peer group, but she's also pretty young, very malleable, and very social)
4. Do nothing, which is always an option.

The program is K-6 and after that they're released back to their geographically assigned junior high.

I have a hard time talking to peer parents about this because I don't want it to come off as bragging.

Do the one day program at least.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

HootTheOwl posted:

Lost a mitt just as it turns spring and she'll need a new one next winter.
The perfect crime

We made elastic bands with snap-on buttons for mittens so the kids wouldn't lose them.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
You can't buy them anymore. It's some kind of hazard... in a world where scarves exist and are fine.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
my seven year son has invented bisexual dinosaurs

a female and a male will fight for the right to mate with a male by butting heads

mostly the females win, but sometimes...

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
apparently all the girls at school wear black and are "goth," while mine still wears bright clothes, which means she's actually goth and the other girls are posers

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

El Mero Mero posted:

we’ve got one set of grandparents who are old and keep promising things and then delivering 1/3rd of what they promise, leaving us in the lurch. They’re like we’ll babysit two days and then we book a hotel for a wedding and they let us know the day before they can only do 1 because babysitting is so hard and then we have to scramble to fill the gap last second.

the question is how are they still alive. your spouse didnt kill them?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

its astounding how my daughter can find the exact perfect foot position to make putting on pants incredibly difficult

my daughter was color coordinating by age four.

even at six my son's mode of dressing consists of throwing clothes at his body and flailing his arms/legs in the hopes that they will suddenly attach.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

BonHair posted:

Is eating dinner together with whoever is in the house not the normal thing? Just getting dinner for yourself feels super weird.

Mealtime is an endangered art. Guard it well from these savages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
We used the bamboo diaper cloth underneath a shell. We still have them. They're good cloth. We use them for all kinds of things now that the children no longer poo poo in them.