Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

this was the best one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

this is the best one

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Bloody posted:

this is the best one

the darker the berry the sweeter the juice :heysexy:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
tghinking about the microsoft kin

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Sham bam bamina! posted:

tghinking about the microsoft kin

hell same

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
roz ho feels a chill

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

President Beep posted:

i have the yosberry.

im the screen protector for a non-touchscreen phone

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

this was the best one

v-tech rear end looking mfer

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

kitten emergency posted:

im the screen protector for a non-touchscreen phone

oh, im sorry you seem to like scratched screen. seems hosed up but live your truth i gues.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

old blackberries had plastic screens that scratched really easily and badly

lol if you have a screen protector on a touchscreen phone

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

if your fingertips have the texture of sandpaper you should consider moisturizing

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

President Beep posted:

i have the yosberry.

President Beep posted:

i also have this premium version

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/services/recycling/pcmcat149900050025.c?id=pcmcat149900050025

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

excuse me, but those are collecters items

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

i just put in an order on this: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pro1-x-smartphone-functionality-choice-control#/

never had a blackberry, but i had an htc with a keyboard, and i've had a gemini pda too

hope it's good

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

digging out my old blacksberry yesterday really made me miss having a physical keyboard.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

old blackberries had plastic screens that scratched really easily and badly

lol if you have a screen protector on a touchscreen phone

I used the holster because I was a huge tool. I still am a huge tool but iphone fits in pocket so I don't need the holster.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Tankakern posted:

i just put in an order on this: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pro1-x-smartphone-functionality-choice-control#/

never had a blackberry, but i had an htc with a keyboard, and i've had a gemini pda too

hope it's good

I'd take that for portrait mode keyboard. I feel like I'm the only person on God's green earth to be willing to compromise on screen size. I can't do one-handed typing in landscape. I'd even tolerate android for a keyboard.

also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droid_Pro remember this disappointing hunk of junk?

What we need is some group like 51b or whatever who put new guts into thinkpads, and do that but for blackberry.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I used the holster because I was a huge tool. I still am a huge tool but iphone fits in pocket so I don't need the holster.

i used a hostler for a hot minute with my first work issued blackberry, but when i looked at myself in the mirror i resembled all my fat rear end coworkers rocking the polo + jeans + massive gut combo too closely so i got rid of it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i can’t type one handed regardless. I’m poo poo at texting.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

President Beep posted:

i can’t type one handed regardless. I’m poo poo at texting.

I will say one thing touch screens have done is force me to have faith in dictation and frankly I do that a lot when I need to effortext.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

i used a hostler for a hot minute with my first work issued blackberry, but when i looked at myself in the mirror i resembled all my fat rear end coworkers rocking the polo + jeans + massive gut combo too closely so i got rid of it

one of my first jobs I had a data-only bb and one of those nextel motorola bricks, and wore both. after like a year they got me the nextel blackberry so I just had to holster one device. very cool

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
you can tell when someone is a true yosposter when they dictate something like "lomarf @ using chome on your fail lunix poo poo" and google assistant types it out perfectly with no errors or autocorrects

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
has anyone said rim jobs yet

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

President Beep posted:

my first smartphone was one of those blackberry curves that verizon would throw at everyone. had the trackball. blew my mind.

that phone kicked rear end I had one too

edit: correction I had a blackberry pearl which was I suppose a precursor to smartphones proper

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Tankakern posted:

hope it's good

i would have bought that in a second if it didn't have a loving 6" screen

and to add insult to injury, no rear fingerprint reader to make it easier to swipe down the notification menu which is necessary when you have a goddamn 6 inch screen

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Mar 3, 2021

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

my girlfriend in 2009 had a blackberry and an app that would restart it with one tap so when it ran out of usable memory she could quickly restart it

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Last Chance posted:

my girlfriend in 2009 had a blackberry and an app that would restart it with one tap so when it ran out of usable memory she could quickly restart it

alt-shift-del.jad

$0.99 and #1 app on blackberry app world

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Last Chance posted:

there was a bug in the pearl where if it ran out of memory it would accept text messages then immediately delete them without ever notifying you. so there was a period of about a week where my friends all thought i was being a dick and i thought all my friends were being dicks until we finally saw each other face to face and figured out what was going on

when i took the phone back to the verizon store to tell them my phone was busted the sales guy told me i just had to restart the phone whenever that happened and acted like i was crazy for thinking that was dumb as gently caress

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

i would have bought that in a second if it didn't have a loving 6" screen

and to add insult to injury, no rear fingerprint reader to make it easier to swipe down the notification menu which is necessary when you have a goddamn 6 inch screen

ffs :ughh:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

why don't you post some more about how apple has never made a bad laptop keyboard, actually?

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

why don't you post some more about how apple has never made a bad laptop keyboard, actually?

all keebs are bad, apple keebs are the least bad

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

actually my kinesis advantage2 is loving smooth

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Bloody posted:

actually my kinesis advantage2 is loving smooth

kinesis crew checkin in

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

rotor posted:

kinesis crew checkin in

sup, freestyle pro represent

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
blackberry is actually dead, for real this time

https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/support/devices/end-of-life

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

in the good timeline, everyone in 2021 is using a blackberry 13 pro max and RIM is the biggest tech company in the world

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Sagebrush posted:

in the good timeline, everyone in 2021 is using a Palm 13 Pre Max and Palm is the biggest tech company in the world

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

in the good timeline, the world is a lush jungle and humanity never evolved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

infernal machines posted:

roz ho feels a chill

She wakes from a fitful dream and wonders briefly: Maybe I died on that mountain