Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Windowed Fullscreen is confining the mouse to the game window for me. This by default? Can it be turned off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

madstrike posted:

Windowed Fullscreen is confining the mouse to the game window for me. This by default? Can it be turned off?

It isn't for me, on default settings

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

To be honest playing in a party in these games has never really interested me. I 100% solo everything with basically every character I've ever made in an ARPG except for the rare times I can get a friend to play with me and then we make dedicated co-op characters to play/level together.

So I'm glad there is an offline mode so i can skip right past the authentication problems.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
Apparantly there is no HC in Wolcen? :(

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Acht posted:

They're adding that after, iirc. There's HC achievements in game.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Acht posted:

That would be a huge bummer

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

It's telling me there's a new version but steam doesn't seem to think so? :psyduck:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Acht posted:

manual HC - delete your character when you die.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

madstrike posted:

They're adding that after, iirc. There's HC achievements in game.

Awesome! Thanks

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I'm now online but can't create a game. I feel 15 years younger!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

What kind of ARPG would it be if the servers weren't making GBS threads the bed at launch.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Zereth posted:

It's telling me there's a new version but steam doesn't seem to think so? :psyduck:

from the devs:

quote:

If you have a message asking you to download an update, please use Verify file integrity tool.
From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.
Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

What kind of ARPG would it be if the servers weren't making GBS threads the bed at launch.

At least with this game you can just go into offline mode and still play.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Well it stopped doing that but it's not like I can get at the online stuff anyway

EDIT:

I said come in! posted:

:hmmyes:

EDIT 2: nope, verifying files and it happened again just afterward. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zereth fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Feb 13, 2020

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Is there trading? Honestly that’s the only reason I care about online besides goonchat. The way PoE handles latency on either end is infuriating so offline sounds pleasant otherwise.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

One thing that I felt that D3 got right and felt odd in PoE was how it felt to move around, attack etc. How's Wolcen in that regard?

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

the panacea posted:

from the devs:

That integrity check doesn't seem to solve this message. If I ever get that far. :)

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

I said come in! posted:

online and offline characters are separated and cannot interplay

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I mostly play alone but I sometimes want other players to stand in awe of my sick gear.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Mash posted:

online and offline characters are separated and cannot interplay

I figured as much, this is like Diablo II, but I still appreciate the option is there and you can enjoy the game right now even if you cant go online. This will allow for mods, which is a good thing.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Yeah probably just gonna gently caress around offline today since online is a shitshow atm judging from the official discord

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Me and my brother planning to play this together, but I'll probably make an offline alt (or six) as well. If modding becomes a thing, I'm curious to see how it works in multiplayer.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Here's a decent started guide...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N40xrcVBeY

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

44 minutes lol. I hope this YouTube phase dies someday

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Joke is on you jerks, I have to work from 9 to 5! Have fun beta testing before I get home! :corsair:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Goon-approved Ryker has one about half the length also. Those T3 classes sound pretty neat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw_t-DSyfjw

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Wooo I made it in finally!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Quick trip report from a brief offline session before I pretend to actually do some work today since they do pay me.

For those familiar with the early access game - if you leave everything at default settings the game is significantly more difficult now. I am guessing that the 'story' difficulty selection will make it like early release? Money is much harder to come by, as a weapon that sold to the vendor in early access for 140 gold is now worth maybe 4 gold. Loot drops appear to be turned down significantly as well, but still fall at a pretty decent pace it feels like, at least after you get into the field after the city. In early access I had nearly a full inventory to sell just from that tutorial/starter area at level 1 prior to the city. Now I had maybe 5 or 6 items to sell for 1-3 gold apiece.

Found a giant bee at level 4 that slaughtered me without any difficulty at all!

Note that rage bar doesn't seem to work (visually) at all in the early tutorial area but once you drop into the newbie area with whatever your character selection was after that intro, it then works. No technical glitches other than that noticed at this very early stage in the game.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

euphronius posted:

44 minutes lol. I hope this YouTube phase dies someday

Hah, I know what you mean, I always prefer a good wiki but there seems to be gently caress all. I know it's new, but it has been in the pipeline for ages.
44 minutes is definitely too long. I've had to watch it in 5-10 minute sections as it's just too much information. Guess he wanted to rush it out.

Ah, I didn't see that Rhykker had one. I assume it'll be a bit more concise. His voice is just too smooth though

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 13, 2020

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Adolf Glitter posted:

Hah, I know what you mean, I always prefer a good wiki but there seems to be gently caress all. I know it's new, but it has been in the pipeline for ages.

44 minutes is definitely too long. I've had to watch it in5-10 minute sections as it's just too much information. Guess he wanted to rush it out.
Ah, I didn't see that Rhykker had one. I assume it'll be a bit more concise. His voice is just too smooth though

Guides for early access are pointless, the 1.0 patch added so much new stuff and changed a lot that all of that would be invalid today.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

So what weapon combo will let me build willpower and use rage? I want to be a combat wizard but using a sword and a catalyst doesn’t generate any willpower.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
That's weird? It should be the catalyst generating the willpower for you, the melee weapon shouldn't matter.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i think im gonna do some sort of dagger crit shenanigans, lots of attack speed and crit stacking

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Should I even be trying to auth at this point or is it a hopeless endeavor until later today?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is the currency normal

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I'm trying out a 2-handed melee sort of dude and while I'm really nowhere yet with it the actual act of swinging the sword and leaping/dashing through enemies is real satisfying.

zoux posted:

Is the currency normal

POE's currency system is genius, fight me IRL.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I finally got into online mode.

Accepted the EULA etc, started to make a character then it timed me out but I'm still on the character screen. If I go back it says I'm in online mode so I guess I'm just gonna spam the "Create" button at the end of character customization and hope for the best.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm at work so have no real skin in the game, but you guys should probably just make offline characters for the next couple hours...

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

gently caress, I should've risked buying it cheaper and refunding if it ended up sucking but I didn't.

So, as long as loot drops are unique and rewarding and actually come at at a decent pace unlike crap like Torchlight or Van Helsing, and combat feels meaty like Diablo 3, PoE, and Grim Dawn... I'm ready to fall in love with this game cause I'm brokebrained and hoover up ARPGs.

Not sure how long it's been live and playable but any impressions on those aspects yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Agent355 posted:

I'm trying out a 2-handed melee sort of dude and while I'm really nowhere yet with it the actual act of swinging the sword and leaping/dashing through enemies is real satisfying.

POE's currency system is genius, fight me IRL.

It's good, but confusing and I don't want to learn another bonkers one