Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Get toothpaste with the cap attached lol

She’d leave it open. Problem unsolved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Get rid of all toothpaste, that'll learn 'em

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Colonel Cancer posted:

Get rid of all toothpaste, that'll learn 'em

I,took it out several times lol

Mrs sexual attempt

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Burt Sexual posted:

I,took it out several times lol

Mrs sexual attempt

Just get toothpaste with a flip cap, my man.

E:

Didn't read the top of the page. Make her brush with baking soda. Then the worst she can do is leave the box open to absorb odors

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 13, 2020

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Who What Now posted:

Just get toothpaste with a flip cap, my man.

E:

Didn't read the top of the page. Make her brush with baking soda. Then the worst she can do is leave the box open to absorb odors

Please reread my posts Jfc! Kids! Goons!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Kinda E/N but I lost my father almost two years ago because he passed away from cancer. And as someone who was the only person able to take care of him let me tell you it is not fun. After his funeural was over I basically told my mom and the rest of my family I am never getting married and I am never having kids. I do not want to put someone through what I had to go through. gently caress that poo poo.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Not trying to devalue your tragedy, but :actually: slowly and painfully dying from a fatal condition isn't the only way it has to go, especially in the distant future. Losing people can gently caress you up, I know that first hand, but if you feel like it's stopping you from achieving basic social needs :therapy: might be a good idea.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Burt Sexual posted:

Please reread my posts Jfc! Kids! Goons!

its fine though if the cap is off its just for 12 hours or less

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

its fine though if the cap is off its just for 12 hours or less

Poop citations needed

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Colonel Cancer posted:

Losing people can gently caress you up, I know that first hand, but if you feel like it's stopping you from achieving basic social needs :therapy: might be a good idea.

So what you are saying is I should have a kid and it will make me feel better? Not the first time I heard that and I am willing to bet it won't be the last!

What basic social needs are we talking about here? Intimacy?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

If you think of the poop particles as a beneficial boost to your immune system, suddenly it becomes very very good!

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Burt Sexual posted:

Poop citations needed

I’m not sure your family understands where toothpaste goes

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Katamari Democracy posted:

So what you are saying is I should have a kid and it will make me feel better? Not the first time I heard that and I am willing to bet it won't be the last!

What basic social needs are we talking about here? Intimacy?

Nah lol I'm just saying if someone's death is causing you to cut yourself off from the world at large, you probably could use some help.

I wouldn't recommend having kids in today's world unless you are rich af and at least a little amoral but I'm just a goon.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I’m not sure your family understands where toothpaste goes

I started hiding it in my underwear drawer. Funny thing is they both have their own special prescription toothpaste as we live w o flouride in the water. Shits $20 a tube. Use it kids.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Colonel Cancer posted:

Nah lol I'm just saying if someone's death is causing you to cut yourself off from the world at large, you probably could use some help.

I wouldn't recommend having kids in today's world unless you are rich af and at least a little amoral but I'm just a goon.

Ahh. Well I guess everyone's situation is different like my story is. I don't want to dwell on it and boo hoo up the thread but my family is rich, didnt help me being the only caretaker, and when he died my family stole everything he had, kicked me out of the house, and basically loved to kick me while I was down and recovering.

ymmv but I do not want my child to take care of me in my final days. Throw me in hospice and be done with it.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Flip-cap toothpaste leads to problems with children, this is a known and understood thing.

Think of how this evolves later in life. It's one of the first instances where a child takes advantage of the concept of "gently caress it, someone else'll take care of this obvious problem" but nobody does and everybody gets mad. This is why Burts wife made the powerpoint.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Burt Sexual posted:

I started hiding it in my underwear drawer. Funny thing is they both have their own special prescription toothpaste as we live w o flouride in the water. Shits $20 a tube. Use it kids.

Their pineal glands are uncalcified by the man and therefore they are free spirits

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Katamari Democracy posted:

Ahh. Well I guess everyone's situation is different like my story is. I don't want to dwell on it and boo hoo up the thread but my family is rich, didnt help me being the only caretaker, and when he died my family stole everything he had, kicked me out of the house, and basically loved to kick me while I was down and recovering.

ymmv but I do not want my child to take care of me in my final days. Throw me in hospice and be done with it.

Eh I'm with you on the latter. I'm a big supporter of the euthanasia movement and when I get old and infirm beyond a certain point I'm not even gonna consider the legal status of it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Burt Sexual posted:

Poop citations needed

Your brush heads are caked with aerosolized poo already, what's a little more in the toothpaste?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Who What Now posted:

Your brush heads are caked with aerosolized poo already, what's a little more in the toothpaste?

Yeah! It builds character and a healthy immune system in one fell poop

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Burt Sexual posted:

we live w o flouride in the water.

Burt for crying out loud

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Captain Yossarian posted:

Burt for crying out loud

It’s a community well

Who What Now posted:

Mine is in the cabinet like a responsible adult does

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Jay_Zombie posted:

No kids for me. I have a father, and I never want to be like that.

A lot of the best dads I know had terrible fathers.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Burt Sexual posted:

It’s a community well

Burt do you live in a medieval village???? :eyepop:

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Colonel Cancer posted:

Not trying to devalue your tragedy, but :actually: slowly and painfully dying from a fatal condition isn't the only way it has to go, especially in the distant future. Losing people can gently caress you up, I know that first hand, but if you feel like it's stopping you from achieving basic social needs :therapy: might be a good idea.

is that just a really long winded way of telling someone to jump off a bridge?

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

tbqh i dont know why they make toothpastes that aren't flip-cap. who wants to unscrew a little separate piece of plastic and set it down while I squozed the toofpaste onto the brush, and then have to set down my toothbrush so I can pick up the little cap again and screw it onto the tube?

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
I don't have kids but I do have a 7 year old nephew. He likes to open cabinets to get things like cups or plates like a normal functioning person, but then he just wanders away without closing the cabinet door every single time and I can't... deal with it.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Doctor Dogballs posted:

...Nooo?

Although I can see how someone might read it that way lol

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Doctor Dogballs posted:

I think it was actually the opposite of that.

Edit: I'm childless and not a misogynist so take that, internet guy. I can see some overlap with incels there though so I see from where you are coming.

TehSaurus fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 14, 2020

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I'm so glad me and the wife agreed that we're better off without kids.

Now we just need to figure out how to break it to them.
Gently and compassionately.

Of mice and men style

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Doctor Dogballs posted:

tbqh i dont know why they make toothpastes that aren't flip-cap. who wants to unscrew a little separate piece of plastic and set it down while I squozed the toofpaste onto the brush, and then have to set down my toothbrush so I can pick up the little cap again and screw it onto the tube?

I have two functional hands

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Burt Sexual posted:

I have two functional hands
NICE ABLEISM YOU GOT THERE MR. DOUBLEHANDS.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Burt Sexual posted:

It’s a community well

If it's within ten feet of the toilet then it better be an airtight cabinet because otherwise :itwaspoo:

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Relayer posted:

I don't have kids but I do have a 7 year old nephew. He likes to open cabinets to get things like cups or plates like a normal functioning person, but then he just wanders away without closing the cabinet door every single time and I can't... deal with it.

I share a house with people in their late 20's and they do the same thing. They also take a cup or plate outside to eat and drink, and then just leave it out there for days. It will pile up a bit and then after a week they go 'hey where are all the dishes?' with genuine confusion. Then you point at their pile, and they go 'ohh haha, sorry' and do it again once everything has been washed.

If my childhood experience is anything to go by, yell at your kids until they do the things you expect them to do, and constantly remind them how good they have it because of everything you do for them. Physical discipline is not needed, just make them feel bad for disappointing you, and rarely show them physical affection. They will hate you in later life, and basic stuff like mowing the lawn, the smell of engine oil, or pumping up their bike tyres will trigger childhood PTSD, but they will clean up after themselves and turn off light switches in every room they exit from until they die.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Oh poo poo, the light switches... $220 last month, I’m like come the gently caress on turn off the 10 lightbulb vanity make up mirror thing in the morning

Burt angry atm sorry

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
My kids rock love them, being a parent is extremely difficult and challenging but also immensely rewarding

My parents weren’t great but having bad parents doesn’t doom you to being a bad parent

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Switch from incandescents to LEDs

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I'm so glad me and the wife agreed that we're better off without kids.

Now we just need to figure out how to break it to them.

Howdy, Fastball, when's the new album coming?

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Relayer posted:

My wife does this, and the 17 month old comes along and closes all the doors/drawers... bless him.. curse her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tom Gorman posted:

it was like the elephant man of toothpaste caps.

Elephant toothpaste is neither elephant nor toothpaste.