Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think the idea is cool and crazy and kind of want to see it happen.

Imagine all the players just dying to get a crack at some first grade games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

bowmore posted:

That 'possible makeshift team' is nonsense clickbait but the overall concept is sensible if you project the current conditions across the whole season. Half of the team are parents and can't reasonably be expected to stay in Australia until the end of the August (no worries about finals footy for us). Throw in the usual injuries etc and we need a contingency plan for depth as you can't slot in a Warrior reserve grader as necessary as they'd need to back home working their day job or study before even contemplating a isolation period in Australia then again if/when they return to NZ.

People will talk about military parents or FIFO workers etc but they go into that situation knowing and planning in advance for how the family will cope.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Super League have put the comp on hiatus, so could nick a few from there.

Crazy idea: SL clubs relocate down here for Townsville based comp where everyone plays each other once for the Corona Cup.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

bowmore posted:

:agreed:

There's no shortage of local players on the fringe to form a team from especially now NSW Cup has been post-poned.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Qrl suspending all state level games for the foreseeable future

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

so everything except nrl is closed... pretty obviously doing it for the money. are they at least testing people in your country?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

oystertoadfish posted:

so everything except nrl is closed... pretty obviously doing it for the money. are they at least testing people in your country?

Yes, in fact we may run out of kits soon and getting more might be an issue as we are seen as a lesser worry in the scheme of things.

I'm now work from home for at least 6 - 8 weeks, and I suspect if you can be home you will be home very shortly.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/120390734/nrl-warriors-sent-for-more-players-to-come-to-australia Tevaga, Paasi, Curran, and Beale are all flying over to Australia today despite the 14 day stand down so seems like the Warriors are planning to stick it out.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Good on them for giving it a go. Hopefully we get dispensation to borrow reserve graders from other clubs to keep the squad going. It would also be good for our fringe first graders to get a run with other reserve grade teams now that ours has been officially withdrawn for the season.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Don’t forget to put your tips in for this week

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I'm trying to find the option for "neither", think they'll implement that starting next round?

also I'm picking Warriors to lose but, god drat, it would be amazing if they went on to the final like the Crusaders in Super Rugby 2011 after their home stadium got earthquaked. Or for that matter the Reds, when Brisbane got flooded that same year.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Apollodorus posted:

I'm trying to find the option for "neither", think they'll implement that starting next round?

also I'm picking Warriors to lose but, god drat, it would be amazing if they went on to the final like the Crusaders in Super Rugby 2011 after their home stadium got earthquaked. Or for that matter the Reds, when Brisbane got flooded that same year.
that’s what Draw is for!

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
But is a cancelled game the same as a draw...?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
auto win!

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
So the new border restrictions on boths sides of the Tasman are going to make it even harder for the Warriors. As long as they're in place, anyone that tries to pop back to NZ to visit their family can't make their way back until the restrictions are lifted.

2020 is hosed.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

So the new border restrictions on boths sides of the Tasman are going to make it even harder for the Warriors. As long as they're in place, anyone that tries to pop back to NZ to visit their family can't make their way back until the restrictions are lifted.

2020 is hosed.

Personally 2019 is still more hosed but drat 2020 may do it.

Winter will be depressing as gently caress.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
2020 has started real hosed, if it continues like this it’ll be the worst year i’ve experienced (but not personally)

ili
Jul 26, 2003

It's so fucken weird to watch an empty stadium when it's not a Roosters game hey.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Bet the Bulldogs fans are pretty happy they didn't come out tonight

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
What possessed me to tip the Dogs.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MiniSune posted:

What possessed me to tip the Dogs.

I totally spaced on whether I put my tips in and I was smart enough to get on the cowboys so all's good

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

This is the most hilariously deceptive scoreline of all time

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Madam dog supporter is angry, again.

If this keeps up dying of Corona may be preferable.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Quality capitulation in the making by the Panthers

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Interesting finish coming up.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Dragons have always been chokers so that's what i'm expecting

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

These empty stadium games aren’t as bad as I was expecting. The quality of commentary has a bigger impact on my enjoyment of the game.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Amping up the field mikes has certainly helped

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Yeah it's pretty cool just how loud the tackles are, also hearing the players talking to each other.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Fun round of footy so far

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
This game has been shite until Croker does something good.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Someone tell Blair and Green that we’d have no problem with them returning to NZ immediately.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

gently caress, send Kearney home too. A mentally handicapped kid could do a better job than that dumb oval office.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

gently caress off, Blair.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I can't take much more of Adam Blair :negative:

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Smorgasbord posted:

Wow, time tunnel flashback here.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Flashbacks

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Watching grass grow is more interesting than the garbage Kearney is serving up.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

loving hell does that useless oval office get paid per mistake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Lol the warriors finally get points and they didn't even get to ground the ball