Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

The Warriors are not a car that'll break down 100m down the road. They'll manage it well before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Oh yeah, I have zero expectations this year. I'd say they'd have done well to make the play-offs, regardless of how deep into it they get.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Some woman attended the Catalan Gay Haters v. Castleford game draped in a rainbow flag, but Catalan officials were triggered and wanted to create a safe space for special snowflake Israel Folau, and demanded she remove it twice. Evidently, she told them to gently caress off both times.

Catalan has denied doing such a thing, but gently caress them, they can go suck a dick.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Jono C posted:

send Blake Green to the glue factory now

Hey now, don't be so mean to the stupid idiot Catalan Dragons.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Kalyn Ponga’s contract allows him to swap to union should he want a tilt at making the All Blacks and play at the 2023 RWC.

He will be entering a congested area of the field though.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

bowmore posted:

I honestly don't know. I'm waiting for team lists. I think there is only one genuine cheapie and he's not even rock bottom price.

Ben Barba?

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Next season will be my season.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Canterbury Bulldogs have a bit of a scandal. Two of their players were caught loving underage girls.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Smorgasbord posted:

Well not underage, but high schoolers they initially met at a club visit to the school.

OK, it's fuckin' borderline at least.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

I just really wanted to see the Rabbitohs gently caress the Sharks up.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Apollodorus posted:

I guess I should finally watch This Sporting Life too now.

Dude, you'll want to be in a mood for that one, because holy poo poo, what a grim film.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

So apparently about 1/3 of the players' retirement fund is missing because the NRL was using that money for operational costs for the last 2 or 3 seasons or so. I'm sure the players are thrilled to hear this right now.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Smorgasbord posted:

Isn't that in control of the RLPA?

They were supposed to be putting money into the account, but weren't, from the looks of it.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...6bdb77b1c86bdd1

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Abalone Malone posted:

rugbyunion was already one foot in the grave, they'll the canary in this situation.

It'll be interesting to see what Super Rugby will look like after this. I'm guessing some sort of NZ/Aus/Japan situation, and with the provincial unions in NZ expected to merge, the NRC sides being invited into the NZ provincial comp to make up numbers.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Tim Lafai at the Dragons has done... something. It involves the police too, so fairly serious.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/202...nt---tim-lafai/

I'm guessing domestic violence, or something along those lines.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

It appears the Tigers are looking to sign Quade and SBW.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Jono C posted:

Wow. All hail V'landys, overlord of league.

That's new avatar material if I ever saw it.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

It's like a second off-season. How hard is it not to be a fuckwit? Very, if you play in the NRL, apparently.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Jono C posted:

Being a fuckwit is a prerequisite if you want to play in the NRL.

At this stage, I'm convinced the players all do an intelligence test. The lower you score, the better!

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Meanwhile, Bryce Cartwright may not get to play, because he's an anti-vaxxer.

Good. gently caress him, the stupid fuckwit.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

With taste like that, no wonder she ended up with you.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

iajanus posted:

Just means she was desperate to find herself a winner!

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

69. Nice.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Jono C posted:

Apparently Kearney has been fired. I thought he would have had a longer leash, but whatever. He sucked and we’re better off without him.

I do wonder how much of a difference the next guy will make. How many have they been through now?

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

bowmore posted:

canberra are frauds

If only someone would, you know, sink it into the ocean or something.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

I am disgusted that the avatars I purchased for iajanus, Jono C and Smorgasbord for my own amusement have, even in a small way, enabled an abuser. I wish this poo poo had come to light earlier, and I am disgusted with myself for having contributed towards that shitcunt’s lifestyle in any way.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Why do I hear Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings?

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

More like the Brisbane Drongos.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

The Warriors are apparently set to unveil Ben and Shane Walker as the new coaches on a 1-year deal.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Jono C posted:

So what the gently caress happened today with the Warriors and sponsorship? Supposedly Telstra was going to force Vodafone out as the club's major sponsor, but all of a sudden backed down.

Telstra and V'Landys decided that there was no room in RUGBAH LEEG for any telco sponsor other than Telstra, so they demanded that the Warriors sever their 20+year relationship with Vodafone, trying to make them Vodagone from TELSTRA RUGBAH TELSTRA TELSTRA LEEG TELSTRA.

Basically, the overwhelming response was Vlandys can go eat a gently caress and Telstra can join him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

He should absolutely file a suit against them. Wtf.