Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Anyone else doing super coach this year?

Should we maybe do a thread tipping comp? The ESPN app is kinda poo poo but it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

iajanus posted:

Reynolds has had his charges dropped and police are investigating his ex-girlfriend

Who called it?

I'm not entirely surprised. After the initial media beat up going after a footy player and everything else came out she seemed a like a head case.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

iajanus posted:

I'm in for tipping if someone wants to set it up or whatevs

I'll look into it this weekend. I gotta do the one for work too.

bowmore posted:

i’m doing supercoach and tipping

Who you looking at for cheapies this year. Cupboard seems a little bare.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Croft has looked the goods so far. Exactly what the bronx were missing last year.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

David fifita is a loving god. Jesus Christ that try. RTS would be jealous.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think the tigers are gonna smash the sharks. Madge will have had these fuckers running hills all lock down.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MiniSune posted:

Quoting for hilarious future.

Yeah what motherfucker

gently caress me that was close

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This game I think is the litmus for the 6 again rule and I'm really glad the ref hasn't catted out and let Melbourne do their usual poo poo.

If it remains consistent week to week could be a bit of a changing of the guard.

Time was belly ache would piss and moan to the press and his team would get away with murder.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MiniSune posted:

Hopefully Panthers Knights and Eagles Dogs are decent affairs.

Not sure on the first due to Cleary's tik tok adventure. Eagles should do the Dogs.

No ponga and no cleary makes it a bit of a wash in terms of lost firepower imo. I'm also real interested in getting a look at Burton apparently he wasn't far off taking the starting spot partnering cleary during the off season. I guess we'll find out if that was the usual bullshit fluff or if he's a player.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Smorgasbord posted:

Underrated positive of the rule/referee changes - much less opportunity for the serial whingers to slow down the play bitching and crying about every decision.

Overall though that was one hell of a weekend, so much faster than before and they have found a way of killing a lot of the stuff I've been frustrated about for years. How good is V'Landys going?

Melbourne storm must be hating life.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

iajanus posted:

The entire Bulldogs squad is banned from training because some idiot let Terry Lamb attend training and he was filmed shaking players' hands. He isn't one of their 50 cleared people, either.

drat I picked em over the dragons and even with the stupidity I'm not sure it's a bad pick.

Foran's back for his annual "hey guys I still exist" game.

Also Jesus Broncos. I know tpj, fifita and Glenn will make a big difference but there was no leadership last night.

Good opening set immediately undone by a stupid penalty and a repeat set of 6 followed by a turnover and that was it. Only bright spots on the team are Haas, Croft and Carrigan at the moment.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I expect big things from Munster in the current rule set. Didn't get it last week. Wonder if that'll change this week.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Where the gently caress has this team been the last two weeks?

Xavier Coates and staggs are monster combination holy poo poo.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The c on tedesco did wonders for my super coach team.

My tipping this week... ooof. That's what I get for believing in the knights and para I guess.

Staggs pulled a hammy in training this week. Grade 2 apparently out 4 to 6 weeks. Broncos are going to miss his impact on the edge.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

ili posted:

Yep, with Staggs joining Athars, Bird, and Kahu on the injured backs list I'm not sure who they're going to use this week. Coates is dire in defence and would likely get torn apart at centre. They'll likely keep him on the wing and chuck in either Kennar or Niu. It's going to be grim no matter who they put where. Apparently Paix broke his hand in the Roosters flogging too. At this point I'm expecting the team bus to crash on the way to the game and we'll have to field a team of ball boys and coaching staff.

No surprise they brought in Luke then. Coates will keep his wing spot, tesi niu might get a start at centre but I think given he's 18 they'll put a forward there instead maybe Alex Glenn or poo poo even t'eo though they might rotate both in and out and shuffle around with Oates, boyd and herbie depending on who they want where to cover holes.

Tpj is back this week which should give some punch upfront which they'll need but the edge defense is going to be porous.

Ponga and pearce will be licking their chops this week though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

ili posted:

I could see that, but Lexy plays on the left and is just back from his bad gash, I read he's likely starting off the bench. Hopefully they find some way to plug it up properly I'm not a fan of shunting the backline around during a game. I guess we'll see this arvo.

Looks like they did the easy thing.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Abalone Malone posted:

Reynolds and Foran sitting in the stand collecting 850k each per year to not play footy.
sounds like good tigers recruiting

Its 2 million plus on boyd bird and milf levels of painful.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I've never seen a team this poo poo and I played on a team that didn't win a game all season one year.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ill never get angry at players chasing dosh. I. An understand why coaches would be frustrated by managers being vampires and getting in their ear though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Goddamn what a game so far.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I hate the Roosters but I could write love letters to how well they play.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MiniSune posted:

Yeah I can't cheer the Storm. Ever.

I can't hate cam Smith #8InARow

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Love having my 5 leg multi dead after the first game. I gotta stop putting in a Thursday night bet.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

drat Dean Pay just jumped before he was pushed.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Smorgasbord posted:

Feel bad for him, honestly think he got more out of that squad than anyone could've expected him to. A lot of losses but at least they almost always competed rather than capitulating like a lot of poo poo sides do.

In other news, Harawira-Naera and Okunbor's deregistrations have been overturned so they're free to play in the next few weeks. Canberra may make a play for CHN this year with their cap exemption from injuries as word is he's not happy with the Bulldogs for sacking him (which has been reversed along with the deregistration).

Yeah that clubs in a right state. I doubt Barrett is the guy to turn it around either.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Saul Goode posted:

Have seen some early Origin team predictions and... uh... probably not a good year to be a Queenslander in any version of the game this year.

Yeah its going to be a blood bath given it'll be late in the year on a dry fast track.

The entire of the presumptive qld spine sans munster is in poo poo form right now.

Broncos play Melbourne next week lol. Take the overs.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Green sacked by the cowboys.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MiniSune posted:

At least we have footy.

In Vlandys we trust m8.

Melbourne -44.5 paying 11 dollars. Gonna chuck 10 bucks on that line.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hard to find a bright spot for the broncos atm at least Farnsworth, Coates, Staggs and Dearden showed some life in the back line. Carrigan, Haas, Flegler were all pretty solid as usual. I think TPJ is wasted on the edge - he was great in the middle the two previous weeks and while some changes were good I don't think they went far enough. Shame they've had so many injuries this year. I think they're up to 13 players hurt right now.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

bowmore posted:

Harry Grant out this week, good for the Knights bad for my supercoach team :(

It's a bloodbath this week.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm going to go for Parramatta this year in the finals. If for nothing else the one panthers fan I know is being a smug dick and gently caress the storm and gently caress the roosters.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Wondering how bad the broncos will be tonight.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Abalone Malone posted:

good for 20 minutes
terrible for 20 minutes

then half time.

Im predicting dufty and Norman to go huge. Norman is shithouse unless he's skiing down hill and then he becomes a God.

Broncos will look ok for 60 mins and then they'll have a rediculous defensive laps and the flood gates will open.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Change me to a raiders fan in the op plz. I quit.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A bottle of tempranillo and abour 4 makers marks cant make this go down any easier.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

They've been really weird about performance clauses existing or not existing and other things over the last few months so who knows but it might just be heres 1 million to go away and we won't tie up everyone's lawyers for the next 5 years while we battle out 3 mill.

Im hearing atm that hes accepted and its just finalising the agreement as we speak but that could just be journos wanting to be first and throwing poo poo at the wall.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Walters in at the Bronx, seems like Bellamy as director in 2022 is all but certain.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm pretty happy with the rumors that Cartwright and Henry will be joining as assistants. I think he's learned from Meninga and co after all those years. Run the program, set the tone and bring in the best guys around you to handle the nitty gritty. Be nice if we had some roster stability and a CEO as well but can't ask for much more in the coaching dept at this point. At least the Bird experiment is all but over given the broncos have told him he can go away and they'll chip in for part of his pay cheque.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

ili posted:

No, he's started 17 games of a possible 72. I'd still prefer him to stay given he chose to activate his player option, I wouldn't be chipping in for him to play against us.

He took the option because he knows he'd take a huuuuuuge pay cut anywhere else.

Bennett obviously thought he could transition into a 6 or a 1 and sure, probably could have but hes been a massive waste of money. I know you can't predict injury but he arrived hurt and hasn't been healthy since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Souths might be in a spot of strife
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...n=&utm_content=