Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Maybe I'll get drunk enough this weekend to research and type out the effortpost to end all effortposts and write up the Super League (already in week 3) for y'all. Or...maybe I'll research and type out my actual scholarly expertise and stop wasting time on this dying forum.

Either way, Leeds will disappoint me for yet another year I'm sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Finally caught up with the Nines games -- that was a fun tournament! Once they got to the quartfinals, the games were entertaining, suspenseful, and showcased a lot of skill to boot.

Wish the Super League would try something like it ... but the seasons don't really work in its favor.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Great World Club Challenge this year. St Helens could easily have taken it, just a couple of passes that didn't go to hand. Overall one of the higher-quality WCC games I think I've seen--certainly better than Saints' 2015 appearance.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Blergh, might have to cancel my membership unless they make him publicly apologize before they sign him.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Wow, him too? Really sad.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Yeah thatíd be a hell of a thing.

Meanwhile every sport here in the US is suspended. Except XFL of course!

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

I'm trying to find the option for "neither", think they'll implement that starting next round?

also I'm picking Warriors to lose but, god drat, it would be amazing if they went on to the final like the Crusaders in Super Rugby 2011 after their home stadium got earthquaked. Or for that matter the Reds, when Brisbane got flooded that same year.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

But is a cancelled game the same as a draw...?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Well, at least we got one more week out of it.

Can someone give me a list of the best games from the last 10 years to download and watch?

Or I guess I could, like, read a book or something.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

I guess I should finally watch This Sporting Life too now.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Vagabundo posted:

Dude, you'll want to be in a mood for that one, because holy poo poo, what a grim film.

dammit I just wanted to watch Dumbledore play rugby league is that too much to ask?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Wow who knew that all it would take to bring the Bears into the Premiership would be a global pandemic?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

So since Iím American and only watch NRL games after I download them (not getting up at 3am to watch, thanks) I only seem to get Fox coverage since thatís what people record. Whatís the story with broadcast rights, anyway? Are there some games shown on both networks simultaneously? And do they use the same video footage with different commentary, or do they each have their own camera crews and directors?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Oh man that's just what they need, a bromance storyline to revive interest in rugby league and draw in fans from other sports...

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Fanatic posted:

lol@NRL players still doing stupid poo poo despite being in a pandemic.

Yeah but if you can imagine what it would be like to have one of them as your nationís leader then you can put yourself into the American experience.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Cleary needs to just Ďfess up and take it on the chin.

I mean if anyone can he can, jfc

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

iajanus posted:

Alex Twal appears to have been using his off time in his home gym

Thatís suspiciously good judgment for an NRL player.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Whoops I forgot to put my tips in for Round 3 ... at least I still made the 8!

As a Roosters supporter I still feel dirty about last year's GF and want to see the Raiders do well this year...and now that George Williams doesn't play for Wigan I can enjoy watching him do his thing.

I've read some commentary about the quick 6 Again call that suggests it contributes to blowouts by teams that get momentum. Anyone else feel that way? I noticed the Dogs got a bunch of them in a row but couldn't make fuckall happen, but then again that was late in the game when they were down either 16- or 22-0. It makes the game faster, but if it diminishes the perceived level of competition I don't know if it's going to be a net positive.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Man I was NOT expecting the Tigers to lose but I guess I should have seen it coming.

Anyway Iím doing fine on tipping given I forgot about rd 3.

Good thing for the Warriors that Super Rugby All-NZ Edition is starting this weekend, since no one will notice their slide down the gutter.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

All my rugby fan friends on Facebook have been talking nonstop about the NZ comp resuming...and this is the first Iíve heard about an Oz competition also occurring.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Wow, y'all got lots of rain last weekend. I wish we'd had some of it here in North Carolina.

Also, in Sonny Bill Williams news, his latest interview is like looking into my own future post-lockdown:

"I'm 35, I haven't been training so I guess it's against me in that sense, but for me, that's the challenge."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

I dunno, I have visions of the Titans getting to the second round of finals next year. And I don't drink during the week so I know the beer isn't to blame this time.