Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I dunno about you blokes but I'm positively frothing this season. Can't get dusted in the finals if you take the spoon instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Even this probably won't get Seibold sacked, the fat useless oval office.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jesus, I missed the second half but knew it would be bad. Corey Oates is busted too, I hope the poor oval office can recover because the bit of video I saw looked pretty loving nasty.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

BlindSite posted:

Hard to find a bright spot for the broncos atm at least Farnsworth, Coates, Staggs and Dearden showed some life in the back line. Carrigan, Haas, Flegler were all pretty solid as usual. I think TPJ is wasted on the edge - he was great in the middle the two previous weeks and while some changes were good I don't think they went far enough. Shame they've had so many injuries this year. I think they're up to 13 players hurt right now.

Agree with your points, I quite like the look of Paix as well, would be worth seeing how he and Dearden go as a halves pairing if Turpin recovers at some point.

I've lost track of the injury list, a week or two ago I think it was up to 15. With Glenn, Oates, Fifita, Lodge, Palasia all broken, maybe others I've forgotten too, I've no idea at all why they loaned Bullemor to the Raiders as well.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jeez Tapau copped an absolute flogging there.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jesus gently caress it looks like we're not even close to rock bottom yet.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

I like that this quote could refer to literally any of our signings for the last 20 years

Nah Tedesco was pretty good.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Abalone Malone posted:

I read it as 1 mill to go, on top of paying him out.
i could be wrong though

That wouldn't make much sense though. If they sack him they'd have to pay him out in full, why would they pay him extra to quit? Although the club is run by garbage clowns so who fucken knows.

BlindSite posted:

They've been really weird about performance clauses existing or not existing and other things over the last few months so who knows but it might just be heres 1 million to go away and we won't tie up everyone's lawyers for the next 5 years while we battle out 3 mill.

Im hearing atm that hes accepted and its just finalising the agreement as we speak but that could just be journos wanting to be first and throwing poo poo at the wall.

Paul White was being real weird about it because he didn't want to admit to giving a rookie coach a multi-year multi-million dollar contract with no performance clauses whatsoever.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Abalone Malone posted:

this was the fanfare when he was signed

That's not from when he was signed iirc, it was when we were 1 and 5 in our worst start to a season in 20 years.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Seibold's finally gone.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

That’s the fourth coach this year?

Fifth - Kearney, Pay, McGregor, Green, Seibold.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

At least he did some good things too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIYdFXlDd3I

Not sure that Seibold will be remembered for anything worthwhile at all.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jeez that was a fair pass from Hiku there.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jono C posted:

Seibold has given a list of three names to the NRL following his cyber investigation. Sadly Bennett is not on the list.

WampaLord9000, XxXCyberNinjaXxX and tittiekisser69 are all done for.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I'm really Keen to see how much Walters can turn this around. Seibold, along with the fuckwits above him, did a lot to destroy the Broncos culture and Kevvie would be pretty good at building it back again. If we boot the medical staff who oversaw our worst season ever injury-wise, with a crazy number injured at training and at least one playing on an undiagnosed fractured leg for more than 2 months, and actually field our first grade squad I think he can restore the squad's confidence reasonably quickly.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Shirkelton posted:

Did Bird even manage to play a full season's worth of games at the Broncos?

No, he's started 17 games of a possible 72. I'd still prefer him to stay given he chose to activate his player option, I wouldn't be chipping in for him to play against us.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

BlindSite posted:

He took the option because he knows he'd take a huuuuuuge pay cut anywhere else.

Bennett obviously thought he could transition into a 6 or a 1 and sure, probably could have but hes been a massive waste of money. I know you can't predict injury but he arrived hurt and hasn't been healthy since.

He makes a decent fullback already, Bennett was hoping to use him as a ball playing lock. Yeah I know he's on more here than he'd get elsewhere, but the line I'd be taking if I were at the Broncos would be he obviously wants to be here enough to activate his player option, so he can stay and play some games for us or he can get a full release of his contract, but hosed if I'd be paying more than half his salary to have him play against us. Bird's on 900-950 as I understand it, if we covered 500k there'd only be 400-450 to buy a replacement, who can you get who's better than Bird for that much? Better to keep him on for this last year, if he plays well then good and if he doesn't at least we haven't subsidised his salary at another club so he could carve us up.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jesus gently caress, that was horrific reading.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

gently caress the storm so much the cheating pricks.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

That was a fair fucken game.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Fucken lmao at Cherry-Evans finishing up with "on behalf of the worst QLD team in history, thank you very much!"

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Two point field goals can gently caress right off. Interesting to see how the automatic bunker-checkery works out, iirc currently the game clock keeps going when a try is scored and doesn't stop until the goal kick is attempted, right? So potentially if the video ref is holding things up they'll need to change the rule so the clock stops as soon as the ref blows possible try. Or was that changed, I can barely keep up as it is.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Lmao Pearce making sure we get one more scandal in before 2020 closes out.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I can't think of any either but most NRL players are reasonably clean. Just the media would have you believe that every single one of them bashes little old ladies for their pension money.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Moses is finally deregistered, around a decade too late. Reports are clubs and players will be banned from discussing deals with him at all in an attempt to stop him negotiating contracts then getting another agent to sign them.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Green is awful, plays favourites with selections and gets into it with players at the pub. Kevvie hasn't got the runs on the board for the technical side of coaching but O can't think of a better guy to rebuild and restore the culture that management and Siebold tore apart.

Also I reckon Paix would be better served playing in cup than by getting limited minutes at NRL level.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Top work by Adam O'Brien, proving it's not just players who can get on the piss and act like a fucken cockhead.

quote:

... a man accidentally bumped into O’Brien who, because he had lost on the punt and had had too many beers, began screaming obscenities at the patron and wanted to put on a stink, even after he had apologised.

According to the security guard O’Brien even demanded, “Don’t you know who I am?”

ili fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Feb 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Abalone Malone posted:

I'm really surprised it wasn't Brownie

Give it time there's still a few weeks of preseason left.