Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Vagabundo posted:

and I am disgusted with myself for having contributed towards that shitcunt’s lifestyle in any way.

This also sums up.how I felt when I watched Greg Bird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

It's the gameplan of the team with no actual plan. Just hold onto the ball and hopefully it'll all work out

It's Tommy 99 again.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

Do we get any credit for injuring half of the Storm squad?

Eh I'd give a point.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

bowmore posted:

back to being trash I see

It's OK to cry.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Bateman has told Canberra he's out at the end of the season and Ricky has gone nuclear.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...06266ca8b5f6495

fuckfoxsports posted:

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart has urged the NRL to crack down on player managers, publicly lashing Isaac Moses after he was able to force John Bateman out of the Raiders.

On Tuesday Canberra confirmed that they had agreed to let Bateman walk out on the last year of his contract to seek better offers.

It comes after Bateman linked with Moses in the build-up to last year’s grand final.

Since then the Englishman has asked for four releases, something he has continued to deny after foxsports.com.aurevealed he had been seeking to leave the Green Machine.

Now he has his wish, Canberra are free to scout the market for potential replacements.

And on Tuesday Stuart, whose side face the Dragons on Friday, said he was proud of the stand Canberra had taken.

“It was always going to happen,” said Stuart. “I am proud of the club that they put a timeline on him.

“We knew what was going to happen and to (CEO Don Furner) Don’s credit he put a timeline on his manager and we got what we knew was coming. It’s really disappointing.”
Stuart continued, saying that the game needed to do more to protect clubs.

The likes of Ryan Matterson have thrown their toys out of the pram in recent months, and Stuart says that the Bateman departure was another example of the game needing to do more.

“John is a big part of the squad and he’s a world class player so to lose him really disappoints me because we here at the club have worked so hard to build a strong roster,” he said.

“And then you have players getting pulled out of it the way John has, [it’s] really disappointed me.

“It disappoints me the way the game allows it. I feel as though the game really needs to help clubs in regards to how we have to deal with certain managers over the way they agitate clubs and how they manipulate communications and negotiations to suit them and them only.

“It’s not always in the best interest of the player and it disappoints me because its so hard to build a strong roster.”

Stuart also said he was glad that Canberra had fronted up, rather than allowing their club to be overrun by the control of powerful agents.

Moses, who is appealing to keep his NRL registration, is known to have a large number of clients at the Warriors and Brisbane.

“I’m proud that the club has taken a strong stance,” Stuart added.

The last thing that we are going to be is a club such as the Warriors or the Broncos where they’ve been ruined by manipulation and agitation of roster.”

gently caress Isaac Moses I hope he gets banned for life.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Indeed.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

BlindSite posted:

I hate the Roosters but I could write love letters to how well they play.

Yeah I can't cheer the Storm. Ever.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
That body position for that try was deeply uncomfortable

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

BlindSite posted:

Love having my 5 leg multi dead after the first game. I gotta stop putting in a Thursday night bet.

:same:

loving Roosters.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

What in the gently caress was that Captain's Challenge ruling

I have no idea.

About anything, ever.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Titans / Sharks isn't too shabby so far.

Would be better if the Sharks lose this.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
That is the funniest try in years.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
At least we have footy.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Upon review though Staggs made some poo poo decisions in defense. I'm not so sure he's got a future.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Surprised Mary lasted so long.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

ili posted:

Nah Tedesco was pretty good.

Broken clock etc

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Nimmy posted:

New-ish American fan, first time noticing the thread.

Am I allowed to like Souths in here, or should I move along?

We are a broad church, welcome.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Dan Didio posted:

Warriors sign John Hopoate, Ivan Milat and Thanos to development contracts.

Pretty good with their hands so not believable.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
It disappoints me that we are going to have a bit of a racism in the crowd controversy, mainly because I thought with Dogfucking we left this poo poo behind.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Someone post Gower.txt please

quote:

Gower has been involved in a number of alcohol-related off-field incidents. In 1999, Gower exposed himself to a female Irish tourist in a Coogee bar, blaming his behavior on alcohol intoxication. He was dumped from the squad and fined A$2,500 by the NRL and a further A$500 in court after pleading guilty to indecent exposure.

In December 2005, Gower was fired as Panthers captain after incidents at a charity golf event where he argued with several guests, groped the then teenage daughter of former league player Wayne Pearce, chased Mitchell Pearce with a bottle before vomiting on him, streaked nude around the resort, stole and crashed a golf cart, held a butter knife to the throat of a Sydney radio personality before throwing it at resort guests, and engaged in a brawl with resort security before being ejected from the official function and detained by police. He was handed a "final warning" by the National Rugby League and fined A$100,000, with A$90,000 to be paid to an NRL programme encouraging the responsible use of alcohol by league players and $10,000 to replace the destroyed golf cart. Gower was "deeply unhappy" that the Penrith Panthers club did not defend his reputation , and at one stage threatened to "walk" from the club.

Allegedly inebriated with alcohol in a bar at Kings Cross on 11 February 2007, Gower allegedly tried to kiss one man before biting him on the neck and sparking a brawl, and is accused of assaulting another man. The Panthers club controversially reappointed Gower as captain in 2007, claiming the Peppermint Lounge incident was just a media "beat-up". Australian swimmer Dawn Fraser said Gower was unfit to be captain, due to his alleged lewd behaviour at the charity golf event which she attended, and Sarah Maddison, spokesperson for the Women's Electoral Lobby, said "reappointing Craig Gower would send all the wrong messages."\

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Abalone Malone posted:

Tigers gunna Tiger

Yeah we need a suicide clean up crew in the Discord channel.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Nimmy posted:

Didn't wake up early enough to see this one, but looks like Latrell was amazing. Great for me because I can continue to pretend he's useless and fat. Might watch the replay later today though.

E: Oh wow, this game was over before it started. 26-0 only 20 minutes in. Great fun.

Yeah it was murder.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

garycoleisgod posted:

That knights/cows game was loving dire. Both teams should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute.

The eight probably won't change from here, I don't think the knights, my Raiders or the Sharks can win it, but the other 5 might be in with a shot, depending on injuries etc.

I think it's fairly open as far as any one of the top 4 has a solid claim.

Season will always be Asterixed, but it will be legitimate.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Fox reporting Siebold offered 1 million dollars to gtfo.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

aejix posted:

A wild Tommy Raudonikis appears!

No.

Twenty years not enough time.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Dirty Frank posted:

Anyone know what McGuire said to get sent off?

Nothing as yet, and checking the Discord nobody has posted anything either. I think I heard an audible "gently caress" then its hard to tell.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Brisbane spoon dream lives.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Smorgasbord posted:

I am blissfully free of Channel 9 these days, in NZ we get the Fox team for every game which is generally tolerable-to-good except Blocker Roach.

When you knock off "Dugan is a dumb gently caress" as the name for the Discord, you know you are shite.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 19, 2020

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

A Good Season.

Today is going to be great when QLD join our office hookup.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Crazy games tonight. Titans looked like a top 8 side against the knights and then the Roosters get absolutely demolished.

I think the Discord was quiet due to being dumbfounded. Or ecstatic. Or both.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
That was typical Rugby League

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Thanks for the answers.

I don't think Super League counts, coz aren't the rules pretty much the same as normal Rugby League?

Pretty well much but with some minor variations that if any good get adopted by the other.

International rules tend to lag behind a bit. Or just use the local rules because it's too hard.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Speaking of which

quote:

Field goals could be worth two points next season as the NRL continues to tinker with its rules in a bid to make the game more attractive to fans.

The Australian Rugby League Commission met this morning to approve a raft of on-field changes including fewer scrums and ‘full’ penalties to improve the flow of matches. However, the biggest talking point will be the introduction of two-point field goals for successful attempts taken outside the 40-metre line. The change seeks to increase scoring opportunities at critical moments, particularly with limited time remaining on the clock in each half.

NRL Head of Football Graham Annesley launched the 2021 All Stars buildup in Townsville. He was joined by North Queensland Cowboys legend Johnathan Thurston and Queensland Minister for Resources Scott Stewart .

“Providing the opportunity for a two-point play will give teams incentive to make attacking plays to get into field-goal range at the end of a half,” ARLC chairman Peter V’landys said.

“It will also ensure teams who are down by one or two points in the dying moments of a match have a better opportunity to win a game or go to golden point.”

Other rule changes include:

Six more tackles for 10-metre infringements: To reduce stoppages in the game, 10m infringement penalties will be replaced with a “six-again” ruling. Referees maintain the ability to blow a penalty and sin-bin a player if a side has made repeated 10m infringements or in the case of professional fouls.

Scrums: To maintain the integrity of scrums, the referee will call “Break” when he or she is satisfied the ball is out of a scrum. Players will not be permitted to break from a scrum until the referee makes the call. A full penalty will be awarded for transgressions. The team receiving the penalty will also have the option of re-packing the scrum. If the scrum is re-packed and players again break early, a further penalty will be awarded and one of the offending players will be sent to the sin bin.

Play-the-ball restart after ball or player finds touch instead of a scrum.

Handovers for incorrect play-the-ball, instead of a penalty.

Captain’s Challenge: If a challenge is inconclusive, the on-field decision will stand but the team will retain their challenge. Fans have expressed frustration with teams losing a challenge where replays prove inconclusive.

Bunker Reviews: Where the on-field referee believes a try is scored, the referee will award a try and the bunker will review the decision in the background. A conversion attempt will not be permitted until the bunker is satisfied a try has been scored. This will ensure less stoppage time and ensure momentum in the game continues.

Trainers: if a trainer asks a match official to stop the game for an injury, the injured player must be either interchanged or taken off the field for a period of two minutes of elapsed game time before he is permitted to resume his place on the field. This will reduce the number of stoppages for minor injuries.

“These innovations will lead to less stoppages, more unpredictability and increased excitement for our fans,’’ V’landys said.

“The message from the fans and our broadcasters has been clear: the game became too predictable and the balance between attack and defence had gone too far in favour of defence.

“Our changes last year were successful in addressing some of those challenges and the changes announced today will take the element of unpredictability and entertainment a step further.”

V’landys said fan feedback played a role in the changes.

“You’ve got to give the customer what they want,” he said. “We want to attract new fans to our game and we want our current fans to keep coming back to watch games live at the ground or on TV. It was important to understand what they want.”

V’landys said the Commission determined rule changes that were introduced for the resumption of the 2020 season will remain.

“It is clear the new innovations last season were a success,” he said. “You only have to look at the data, there were more tries, more line breaks and more minutes of ball in play and the response from our fans and players has been positive.

“In particular, the six-again rule has addressed the biggest issue that was in the game and that was the wrestle. The changes have sped up the ruck and made the game more free flowing which is exactly what the Commission wanted to see.”

The Innovation Committee was chaired by commissioner Wayne Pearce and included V’landys, NRL CEO Andrew Abdo, NRL head of football Graham Annesley, NRL coaches Craig Bellamy and Ricky Stuart, NRL players Damien Cook and Luke Keary and referee Matt Cecchin.

“This is an important committee,” V’landys said. “It has been asked to look at innovative ways to enhance the fan experience, not only on the field but with off-field initiatives which we are looking at. I thank all the members for their assistance, particularly our coaches, players and match official who provided excellent input.”

Eh I'm ok with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Dogs ceo jumped before he got axed.

Nofa resigns for Tigers.