Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

I'm pretty sure the answer is going to be "because racists are stupid and don't read" (which is a perfectly fine answer), but how do the nazi types justify or rationalize the sheer amount of "interbreeding" and "race mixing" between the Aesir and the Jotuns?

I could see it if, like, it was just an "evil" Áss like Loki who was part Jotun, but Odin's grandmother was one as well, and Thor, as a result, is mostly Jotun... And these aren't, like, minor references in some obscure work of dubious precedent no one has translated. The poetic edda is pretty blatant about it, and the prose edda has them all being Trojan?

I mean, pretty obviously racism is dumb and makes very little sense, but what knots do they tie themselves in to explain how, no, seriously, Thor definitely hates Jewish people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU