Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Was Generals covered already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I refuse to believe that's not Chinatown in GTA3

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Fair enough. It's a concept that makes sense for a faction like the GLA based around asymmetric and guerilla warfare, but doesn't really gel with the meta of how RTSes work.

Reminded a bit of the other suicide bomber unit, Infested Terrans in the original Starcraft. Useful in theory, but in practice I don't think they're ever likely to be used unless you're already steamrolling and want to style on an opponent. (And I imagine a lot of Terran players will make the Command Centre take off so it can't be infested to deny even a winning foe the chance to infest it)

The bigger flex is using Dark Archons to mind control an SCV or Drone and then building up two armies.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I lost track, did we get to Zero Hour yet?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's more common in 90s PC shooters like Doom and their modern equivalants.