Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Missing weight seems like a major advantage if you can force your opponent to carry you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

1.9 strikes a minute seems low so yeah, the stat probably makes sense as a positive.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Vengarr posted:

Missing weight seems like a major advantage if you can force your opponent to carry you

Borg needs to be forced up a weight class for a couple fights.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
ray borg is finally proving that eating food is much better than not eating food when it comes to fighting

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

TheKingslayer posted:

Borg needs to be forced up a weight class for a couple fights.

Isn't he retiring????

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

ray borg is finally proving that eating food is much better than not eating food when it comes to fighting

I think we should ban eating on fight week, poo poo seems like a PED.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Borg should be forced to change his nickname to something less misleading, and also cut.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Vengarr posted:

Isn't he retiring????

Probably not lol he's 26 years old.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Did the dog fighting allegations against Brok Weaver ever get proven? He deleted the instagram messages where he seemed to admit to them.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

ccubed posted:

Did the dog fighting allegations against Brok Weaver ever get proved? He deleted the instagram messages where he seemed to admit to them.

His dog had been attacked by another dog while they were out walking. He was talking about how his dog had been winning before he got them separated.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I know nothing about Brok Weaver but I always instinctively want someone to lose when they're clearly the promotional favorite.

edit: that also works, generally ruining marketing plans is good

CarlCX fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 16, 2020

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
In what loving world would you think thats legal?!?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

lol you loving dumbass

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Brut posted:

Probably not lol he's 26 years old.

He said he would retire if he missed weight for this fight. Of course he's not going to though.

e: Boy, that was a Greg Hardy-class DQ.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Vargas fella ain't too bright huh?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Vengarr posted:

He said he would retire if he missed weight for this fight. Of course he's not going to though.

e: Boy, that was a Greg Hardy-class DQ.

From yesterday in the monthly thread

Brut posted:

Yeah he's already put out a statement like "yo I said that because I thought I wasn't gonna miss weight anymore, leave me alone I got a fight tomorrow"

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

I missed the dq, what happened?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

amenbrotep posted:

Knee to the head on an opponent that was sitting on his butt against the octagon.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

amenbrotep posted:

Knee to the head of a downed opponent

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

The knee knocked the dude out as well so it was a super easy decision.

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

how incredibly stupid

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

The only thing I can think is that he didn't know that was a DQ because it was incredibly obvious and in full view of everyone.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

HMS Beagle posted:

The only thing I can think is that he didn't know that was a DQ because it was incredibly obvious and in full view of everyone.

Yeah I sincerely doubt he thought he could get away with it or it was malicious (as much as anything in a fight can not be)

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

De La Rosa could do with some strike training.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

De La Rosa could do with some strike training.

Well by this point in the fight her husband was knocked out(first fight of tonight) so at least she's doing better than he was.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Time to watch two insane people fight.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

lmao what is Diego even doing

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
Diego Sanchez's warmup routine is as entertaining as any fight on this card

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
‘Oh he has CTE. Because he picked this trainer, he must have CTE, he’s brainwashed. Notice the transformation. Notice my eloquent speech that gets better each and every time. Just notice. Notice my health. Notice that I don’t have any injuries. Notice that I don’t have to go see a chiropractor or a doctor anymore because I’m taking care of myself. Notice that I’m not only thinking of myself. Because I am not the same man I was five years ago. I’m not the same man I was a year ago. The transformation has been real.” - Diego Sanchez

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Wait did he say he's been here since 1600 AD?

edit: oh my bad I misheard, he said "my ancestors have been" not "I have been".

Caption Yaypants
Jun 12, 2013
Backflip man coming up. Diego by sub.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I don't think ABQ gets down like that hahahahaha

Like for real I think this gets a completely different response for example last week in Houston, they'd probably love it

Caption Yaypants
Jun 12, 2013
This is amazing.

Caption Yaypants
Jun 12, 2013
Israel is taking notes.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

lol, this motherfucker 'bout to order a liter of cola

e:

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
No matter who wins I need this to go at least 2 rounds so we get to hear from Diego's life coach during the break

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

... is that "praying hands" clipart?

I'm pretty sure we're watching an acting crazy man vs an actually crazy man

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I need a looping gif of Diego clucking at his opponent

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I want this to be when Diego's chin is finally shot and he gets slept off nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
why the gently caress was diego moving his mouth like a goldfish