Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What if I told you that our consumerist culture is the real suicide cult, maaaan?
:page3::synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
the gently caress happened to this thread overnight

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

Mister Speaker posted:

Seems like some people forgot to go to sleep for a few hours and are now ranting against the shadow people.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

Molentik posted:

Seems like some people forgot to go to sleep for a few hours and are now ranting against the shadow people.

The shadow people are real and they are strong my friend.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Mister Speaker posted:

the comedown

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
One time one of my uncles hosted his own burning man near my grandparent's property and there were like 50 people at a minimum watching him set a giant home made wickerman on fire with a homemade flamethrower and it kicked rear end but one guy was talking about how bitcoin fucks other the rothschilds and called people peons when they weren't persuaded and there was a fat hippy lady saying "gently caress THE UNIVERSE" every few minutes.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

In all honesty the PLUR culture was before my time but it was co-opted by inner ring suburban kids in Detroit who would wear their $250 outfits to warehouse parties because they read about it in magazines. Detroit already had a long established history of dance music that was by its very nature inclusive. They were usually the kids who would have to appear in court for a $1000 parking ticket on their dads car because they parked in a loading zone.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

The_Continental posted:

In all honesty the PLUR culture was before my time but it was co-opted by inner ring suburban kids in Detroit who would wear their $250 outfits to warehouse parties because they read about it in magazines. Detroit already had a long established history of dance music that was by its very nature inclusive. They were usually the kids who would have to appear in court for a $1000 parking ticket on their dads car because they parked in a loading zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oynRwBki8GE&t=2020s

OMFG FURRY fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 16, 2020

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

so much rear end shaking

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

The_Continental posted:

I knew a guy in undergrad who had been at some parties in detroit in the really early 90's and said the scene now (toronto in 98) was pathetic and lame compared to how it was then.

i had no basis for comparison but the toronto scene was pathetic and lame then for the most part. everything got soft after the bassmint closed

xdirtypinkox
Aug 12, 2004

And it gets easier as I pass the Edward Scissorhands village where privileged white kids date rape girls and taunt me in their SUV's.
Love the confusion about kandi kids, hippies, scenesters and wooks in this thread. Good work boomers.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

They are all terrible heh

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

back when I was on facebook there was a "Big Trophy Wook Hunters" group that snapped photos of 14-point wooks in their natural habitats.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

xdirtypinkox posted:

Love the confusion about kandi kids, hippies, scenesters and wooks in this thread. Good work boomers.

Origins Kandi kids are probably boomers

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

xdirtypinkox posted:

I’m such a wook that once I was at a gas station with some friends wearing normal clothes and a bunch of high school kids walked up to us and asked “are you guys wooks?” and my 3 friends were like “NO!” and I was like “guilty as charged” because there was no denying it.

I haven’t been to Burning Man since 2016 so maybe a lot has changed in the last 3 years but the t3ch bros were only ever like 4-5 big camps and it was super easy to avoid them and never interact with those people except to steal from their catering tables and use their fancy private bathrooms.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

what the gently caress is this

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

bird with big dick posted:

what the gently caress is this

-Said ur wife when she saw your awful wiener

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
but op how much is the fish?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

I cannot picture in my head a single accent on the planet that would reading your posts in would cause them to make sense.

Johnny Hardwick

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE WAIT WAIT WAIT....................................

SANDSTORM................OR..........ZOMBIE NATION??????

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My wife has never seen my wiener i jealously guard its secret

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

bird with big dick posted:

My wife has never seen my wiener i jealously guard its secret

What’s the secret? Bird with a big dick. Maybe that a big bird dick is still comically small????

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

No it’s bigger than you can possibly imagine it’s just an odd color and texture.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely
Yo man did anyone else see the guy that just walked by with the GoPro and the big black backpack? Is he an undercover?

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

Can someone give me a light show I'm hella rollin'.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

No Thugz No Drugz

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Sex Skeleton posted:

Yo man did anyone else see the guy that just walked by with the GoPro and the big black backpack? Is he an undercover?

This happened in Philly back in the day. It was the news tho. Blew up our spotttt.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

Dubplate Fire posted:

gently caress PLUR. I was djing some weird after party in Baltimore a few weekends ago and some 60 year old candy man asked me if I wanted to trade candy. No motherfucker. I am wearing a hoody and a fitted. I am angry as gently caress and I play jungle in the side room. I don’t even wanna be here and I certainly don’t have any candy for you.
Does this mean trade drugs, trade bodily fluids, trade literal candy, straight up give him drugs or something else?

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

Dubplate Fire posted:

This happened in Philly back in the day. It was the news tho. Blew up our spotttt.

I've seen the exact same guy at every show I've ever been to. He's always got a black baseball cap, brown hair, and he's boppin' his head along like he's pretending he really likes what he's listening to. The backpack is noteworthy because you're not allowed into anything with a backpack that size so he's obviously bypassing the line. And he's not paying attention to any of the act on stage, he's looking very intently at everyone in the crowd.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

Sten Freak posted:

Does this mean trade drugs, trade bodily fluids, trade literal candy, straight up give him drugs or something else?

Candy is the little bead bracelets some people wear. There's a secret handshake too.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
So just how rife with sexual assault were 90’s raves? I mean I’m gonna guess “a lot”

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I lost my dogs anyone seen them. gently caress

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Basically drug fueled rape orgies your priest warned you about

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Different from the ones he attended of course

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I don't know. I remember a lot of white smoke too

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Sten Freak posted:

He wanted to trade colored bracelets.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

haha your sisters fine bro dont worry shes vibin its chill all good here haha just stayin possi go home if u want its all good here haha

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

EorayMel posted:

One time one of my uncles hosted his own burning man near my grandparent's property and there were like 50 people at a minimum watching him set a giant home made wickerman on fire with a homemade flamethrower and it kicked rear end but one guy was talking about how bitcoin fucks other the rothschilds and called people peons when they weren't persuaded and there was a fat hippy lady saying "gently caress THE UNIVERSE" every few minutes.

this owns

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KJ__06kyxs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAlRtCyr0sQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Julius CSAR posted:

So just how rife with sexual assault were 90’s raves? I mean I’m gonna guess “a lot”

Yes & no. The parties being underground also meant that instead of calling the cops on guys if we caught you dosing girls we’d just take all your poo poo and then throw you down the stairs a couple of times. One time at a warehouse party I caught a guy taking up skirts of girls passed out on the couch and we made him give us both his SIM cards and then one of the girls threw his camera out a 3 story window.

His name was Sour Diesel, and I think he moved from Philly to BMore after that