Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Rental car insurance. Yes, my car insurance and credit card both offered it, but both cases it was for a single day rental (work travel) with serious inclement weather. One, someone in front of me kicked up something into my windshield and spidered it. The other time was in a heavy snowstorm and I ran over something on the freeway, no clue what, but it left dents and paint gouges all down the passenger side. Those were the only two times I ever paid the extra for the insurance, and both times it was worth it.

Blue On Blue posted:

Tire and Rim protection package when you buy a new car.

Typically I wouldn't get this on my own cars, its just one more expense that isn't needed

However I opted for it on a work vehicle, and we ended up having 6 flat tires in the 3 years we had that vehicle. The warranty paid for itself multiple times over

I've also had this one work out for me. I don't remember how many tires, I want to say 4-5 over about 18 months (ridiculous low profile tires on rims the previous owner had put on). On a car with normal sidewalls, I probably wouldn't bother, but on a car with low profiles, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU