Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I know statistically that buying them is a loser but I've only bought 3 or 4 in my life and 3 of them paid out big time. 1st was on a $1000 digital camera from BB in like 2000. After having it 2.5 years the shutter quit opening under certain conditions. Best Buy sent it out to get it fixed, couldn't fix it, got full credit and bought a 2.5 year newer 1000 dollar digital camera.

Second was a 61" DLP television. After 3 years it developed these spots on the screen, some sort of liquid inside the layers of the screen that was clear but eventually attracted enough dust you could see it. They told me to take it to BB to get it fixed, couldn't because I lived in Juneau and the nearest BB was 900 miles away by boat. They sent me a check for 2 grand. I told a buddy about the spots and told him I'd sell him the TV cheap if he didn't mind them, he didn't, I bought a new LCD.

Last time was just 4 years ago. Bought a new fridge, had a deal where if you bought the fridge and the extended warranty you got a 400 dollar gift card and a lovely Samsung tablet. 3 years later the fridge stops cooling. They fix it twice but it keeps happening. Got a check for the full cost of the fridge ($2300 or something) minus the cost of the warranty itself but since we got the gift card and the tablet we actually made a profit on the deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU