Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I just got my Sony earbuds repaired. I bought it with the best coverage, a 5 year warranty which included accidental damage, I think it cost around $30 extra which was a little over 10% of the purchase price. I was taking them out of the case on a cold day when my hand shook and I lost the grip and dropped one of them on the pavement and it wouldn't charge afterwards. They repaired them no problem and I've still got 4 and a half years of coverage left! I always have horrible luck with earphones, whether it corded or cordless they always end up breaking on me somehow, although I think this is the first time it was broken due to my own fault.

I always buy extended warranties and other than than this, I don't think I've ever had to do something that wasn't within the standard included warranty so I've definitely lost out in the big picture. Still, for me it's more of the peace of mind that I know that I'm covered if something does end up messing up, and usually by the time the warranty runs out it'd be time to upgrade if it did end up breaking. I'd say this is especially true if you have kids, my friend had his Macbook Pro ruined by his kid on accident, it would have been a lost cause but because he bought Applecare he was able to get it fixed for a minimal fee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU