Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Where's that Yes...! Yes!!!! smilie when you need it???

e: I can always count on you to let me know when new and good things are out, Burrito :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Wait, I never really paid attention to this anime. How lgbt is it?

Also I can only find non-english subs for antidote/jieyao :(

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 19, 2020

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
you still have yet to link that dis :|

^^^ oh hell yeah

wait, i think i remember seeing something about the cops being talked about

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Speaking of the crazy brilliant and utterly gorgeous MADK, Chapter 7 has just been posted: https://mangadex.org/title/29655/madk

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Yes, but on the other hand:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

small OP update -- I added a new site listing where to read BL
https://ouendan.blue/where-read-bl-manga-and-support-artsits/

That site is a new BL database that just opened, they're still adding stuff but will be (eventually, hopefully) a good place to check for reviews and to keep track of what you've read.

Ooooo this is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing this, Burrito as well as your general service to this thread and Fujos everywhere :yayclod:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

oh hello (eyes emote)

Also, that one BL about the giant white fuzz ball god finally got its last update (rip)

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Oh, they're based in dallas? I might honestly know them lol

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Nah I doubt it. If it was one of my closer friends I would've already known about it so they, at most, would be an acquaintance. Plus screw performing (yuck)

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Yeah that aspect of it is why I'm like, well this may not really satisfy the need for everyone but I found at least something to relate to with these characters that isn't present at all in a lot of other stories.

I came close to deleting the post last night just because it makes me anxious a little to talk about more personal stuff like that and also since it's a thing I am still kind of...figuring out? so I get a little bit afraid that I'm actually completely wrong and have no idea what I'm talking about :shobon: so I'd be interested to see what you think about these.

It's ok :) I'm ace myself, and it's perfectly fine having sex as one if your partner isn't or if you are exploring things. The 'waiting for the right one' thing is poo poo, but w/e :sigh:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
This might be TMI but if it helps you out I hope it's ok. I'm asexual, but I still like sex. I just don't care about having it, nor is it important for me to do. I look back on past sexual experiences fondly, and I wouldn't necessarily say no in the future, but I choose to call myself asexual since I don't feel any sexual urges and that's fine with me. It might be more 'accurate' to say grey-ace but I honestly haven't seen it used in a while, to be honest, and I view asex/aro as a spectrum in any case.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
This is a rather cute little bl story that I came across on mangadex. I'ts a short story and kinda derivative but still pretty fun

https://mangadex.org/title/7880

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

hadn't been in the mood to post much with all the stuff going on (plus I got busy at work too I somehow have three jobs now)

but

we have Given movie info -- new date:
https://twitter.com/given_anime/status/1278886180659003398?s=20

I can't find a squee emote

Also, the manga in Alder's post is very Rumiko Takahashi. I suppose its the ranmaesque shirt

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

:neckbeard:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Yeah.... Written or drawn smut is leagues ahead, always. Also more boring.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Ok I just wanted to share this little collection of interrelated stories: https://mangadex.org/title/49495

It's very cute and really only gets little a smutty towards the end, as a treat.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Speaking of cute, xposting in here in the very small chance there is less than 1:1 mapping of shoujo thread followers to BL thread followers:

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

edit: For a less het example of cute, there is this: https://mangadex.org/title/49193/sutemi-no-koubousen

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

quote:

ace

:swoon: be still, my heart

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
You always come through with the best recs, little donkey :3

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
👀

dick fight island????

e: wait i clicked on the tweet. what the gently caress??? "they go into battle knowing the point is to make the other come first" lmao

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 2, 2020

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
heres the scanlated chapter: https://mangadex.org/title/37273/the-chronicles-of-pulau/chapters/

Why the gently caress are their legs so long compared to their body?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
MADK has an english license now yeah?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Oh, for volume one? Thats way too far! When would v2 be? Actually how many chapters are in each volume, do you know? (Ch 9 scanlation was just released by pink litchi)

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Is there any info on when the Given movie will be released in english?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
... Wow I've watched so much anime that I'm actually starting to understand Japanese a little bit.

Also, I'm so excited!!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
... YNN is 'kinda dark' how?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

I only read the one chapter and it's been a while but iirc there's abuse and incest (based on comments & spoilers people were posting and that lines up with the mangaupdates tags)

I'm not a big fan of that author tbh, a lot of their stuff that I've seen has been along those lines in general but if you like say, Ogawa Chise (who is also very hit and miss for me, mostly miss) you might check their stuff out.

Ahh ok. Incest is a huge no way for me, and abuse is close so thanks for the warnings

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Omegaverse poo poo is like peak fujo tbf. I'm pretty sure it started in slash fiction to give a basis for mpreg, then spread.

I know its heavily associated with superwholock stuff but id honestly have thought it started with franchises that have werewolves like Harry Potter, Twilight or Teen Wolf. But nope, apparently it was supernatural. Which, yeah, i guess also has werewolves but not like protagonist werewolves.

(I may have a generous love of fanfiction; esp m/m pairings :sweatdrop:)

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 11, 2020

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

bless

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Hah Bisexual Transwoman Fujoshis represent!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Hetalia what now :geno:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
WWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

e: but i never got into clamp as much as i wish i did. That tokyo bablyon pv looks extra choice

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Also, I would heavily recommend this Manhua about a boxer and ballet dancer called Salad Days (No I have no idea why it's called that). The art is gorgeous and the relationship is very sweet, if understated slightly. (Because its chinese)

https://mangadex.org/title/42171/salad-days

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 27, 2020

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
gently caress yeah

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
a chinese BL series?? I thought the state was trying to say homosexuality was against chinese values or something. Or is it one of those things where if they don't outright *say* they are in love or something or show any intimacy it's fine

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Ooooooooooooo

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Oh poo poo! Thank you for reminding me!

e: poo poo, I could've become a witch if I just held out until I was 30?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Yesssssssssss

fake e: I've noticed ive been doing the 'emphasize by repeating letters' thing alot lately

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Yeah in fanfiction you can immediately tell when the author is a woman, and when their only (gay male) experience is other written works lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I was going to make a comment that the art style reminds me of madk, but looking it up its a VERY different concept hahahaha