Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

finally place where i can talk about my anime bfs and how i want them to be happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Cute I liked the manga trailer :3:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I feel like that's a risk w/blind buying manga that I find that I fall back on scanlations. Like then I need to store the actual books in my limited space and life is hard :effort:

I wish I could just buy ebook/PDF of my favorite manga instead of subs but I guess I can take pics of it? Ik technically the site could go down so I'd lose all my books on Renta but I like to pretend I own them.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

mangago is a special place :thunk:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I like the part where they share Renta's manga but you only get to read them w/a sub instead of forever once bought.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The 2nd CH of Old-Fashioned cupcake cont :3:

They visit the local cafe for parfaits.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/813077/1

It's a cute healing series but drat it makes me feel so old...

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Thanks for the recc'd list, I will check out soon :3:

Yeah get the same feeling w/josei like it's neat to see ace characters but there's usually then find the Right Person and everything is resolved in the final ch. I've always thought of being ace like a default/major aspect of my personality regardless if I dated or not.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/Fujinotobi/status/1274083349393371136

I got a month's sub on futekiya w/some spare change and her manga is very cute.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Woo Boy Titan's Bride anime: I expected nothing but I'm still disappointed feeling is constant every time I see it mentioned.

I cont reading BL during the winter break and looking for nice art w/happier stories.

Attachment Love: https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=152781

Kabukichou Bad Trip: https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=170405

I'm still interested in the Given movie though :v:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

I've been reading Attachment Love as well, it's pretty interesting. I'm curious what the younger guy's deal is after the last chapter!

Yeah, I like the artist's other works before too. I admit, I just want to move on from HS settings a lot too...

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Thanks, I love cat ears and boys :3:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I read Shigatsu Kissa no Himitsu no Jiken-bo and their manga is really pretty :kimchi:

I'm still dreaming of the day I get to have a real personal IRL library now.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I read the Given chapter and conflicted about dropping it since the 1st couple was good but all the following side couples were bad and felt bad :thunk:

I hate moments where decent LI end up threatening terrible actions b/c they want to "prove" something to the other person or "scare" them away. I'm like why?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Vampire BL with gothic fantasy art style: https://mangadex.org/title/60083/dreaming-vampire

Reminds me of RoV and I'm just reading for the fancy art lol.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I do relate to the vampire since it's my dream to go to comiket too lol. Yeah, I read the French Revolution manga and there was like no real story but it looked cool :shrug:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

There's a historical manhwa (slowly) getting translated called An Abyss you might check out, the art is pretty amazing (plot seems to be fairly dark though)

Thanks, I looked a few pages and everyone is v beautiful :3:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/yaoi_you/status/1350358277914169344

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I just want to visit an aquarium now :v:

https://mangadex.org/title/59347/ero-yume-aquarium

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

vampire bl is always a plus

:same:

Also consuming any kinda of fluffy BL to keep my spirits up for the next semester.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I would read it :kimchi:

I have a Jan sub since I wanted to read a new manga they licensed but I'm always happy to read recc'd lists.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I want to get it but I need to get paid first :retrogames:

The first volume of Sasaki and Miyano is out as well, and I think there was something else I saw that just released ...can't remember what now though.

Glad to know it's good! I read the first chapter before it got licensed and it looked interesting.

It's cute and I love how there's a bunch of different cats in all the chapters since more cats = better.

Does that mean MC is now an immortal? otherwise their time is still limited on earth :(

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I rmb that manga and I'm eternally sad it was a waste of cute character designs and bun boys.

Yeah, a lot of BL I start reading is me wondering is this really dub-con or straight-up non-con which is never properly tagged? Also reflected in romance manga so I start series thinking at least Shojo is less extreme when it shows up.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

is there not an and/or selector?

also ive always wondered if people cast consensual noncon under the dubcon umbrella

vvvv oh poo poo!!

Not really. I slowly moved to 85% reading BL for my manga hobby but usually, it's just filed under normal themes.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Old-fashioned cupcake has a sequel and it's good :kimchi:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Speaking of manga readers I've been relying on TachiyomiJ2K to pull links from Mangadex and it works pretty great on my Kindle Fire 8 HD. It's insane how in 2021 to think I can read a 35 vol manga series over a weekend compared to the days I'd camp at the local B&N for a few hours back in 2009.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Can I Buy Your Love from a Vending Machine? has started releasing on Futekiya, don't miss this one it's super cute :3:

I saw the preview on my feed and the art is cute :3:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Got a little more info on 6 Lovers since clips of it are floating around --

It seems to be fully animated, *not* a motion comic like I was afraid of :toot:
Each chapter is ~5 minutes so they're more like little teasers for each manga, which makes sense since they were made as a promo for the Dear+ 20th Anniversary (which was like 3 or 4 years ago now lol)

don't really have anything to link since that's just stuff I saw random people posting on twitter but shouldn't be hard to find anything if you search it, but right now it's just :filez: so I didn't want to post any actual links.

Lol the Ten Count OVA reminded me that it'll be an anime series one day. Oh, memories.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/sarerunet/status/1373614588315451397?s=20

(not bl but I wanted to share and have posted about this author before)

Thanks, I'm always looking for manga based on asexuality experiences.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

So I read the first manga and here are my thoughts: It's super bittersweet even though as readers know all are aware that there's only one realistic kind of ending so yeah :sigh:

I don't know why they decided to focus on the story of the girl esp since that her ending epilogue was just and goes against the entire story. Really? It was so important you immediately forgot everything in 6 months and dated a co-worker? Then lost your virginity in 1 week. Thanks.

I think the MC deserved much better and I wish he had that chance.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

If anyone is looking for good ace representation I recc'd Our Dreams at Dusk: Shimanami Tasogare available on amazon. I felt like people just accepted one of the ace characters w/o being judgmental for no reason.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Woo boy that BL series. I'm still shocked it got a future movie and 2x figs.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

SubNat posted:

E: Mangadex is readable through api, so tachiyomi works. :toot: though it'll be a while until group's can upload and update again.

I'm so glad Mandadex's eventual return :kimchi:

I'm so used to just reading the latest updates on Tachiyomi via Discord that I completely forgot any new chapters in the last few months or so due to :effort:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Yeah, I saw it on another forum and it's sad since ebay is a place that has carries some dj and older manga series.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Honestly, I'm p sad since shipping from Japan is expensive atm and now another venue is closing for readers. Also, I use AO3 mostly since it's useful with tags and endless free entertainment.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

It's OK I end up reading Futekiya on PC or just tablet. Also, I read renta! the same way too.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The Amazon Kindle app p great for BL but I struggle to find new series even though it's recommending me stuff but just not a manga I'm interested in right now.

I bought manga off Google Books and it's OK but yeah mostly cluttered with super mainstream and other questionable series when I check out the section.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

:gbsmith:

I try to avoid it really I mean it's like the combo of everything I dislike in BL all at once.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I thought omegaverse was p popular already? I've seen josei with a/b/o themes and a lot of fanart for in BL on twitter. I still feel baffled w/josei + omegaverse like it's just an extreme version of most manga and it's kinda eh.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Oh nice Idk we would get a new BL anime in 2021 :v:

I'll add it to my To Watch list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I feel like BL adaptations are so rare I need to celebrate for each new series :gbsmith: