Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Is Marleau cooked?

I guess even if he is, veteran leadership or whatever the hell. Though the Pens aren't exactly lacking there.

e: 10g/10a isn't bad I guess. No idea what the boxcars say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

I was just thinking to myself that the Penguins need to get way older and way slower up front, thank god Rutherford sorted that out.

I don't even give much of a poo poo what we trade for to be honest. What we need more than anything is for Marino and Dumoulin to get healthy because our d-corps is killing us right now. JJ has been better this year but he does not belong on the top pair and Dumo booting him the gently caress away from there will probably have an instantly positive effect on Letang. And then Marino just owns bones no matter where he plays.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

Marleau is a nothingburger either way but I wish the Penguins would quit handing out decent draft picks like they have no value. Marleau isn't worth anything more than like a 5th.

If the Pens win the cup again I don't give a poo poo if San Jose gets a 2nd

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

But they probably won't and San Jose still gets a 3rd, in exchange for basically nothing.

They have as good a chance as anyone if they're healthy

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Lou owns

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Look Around You posted:

I remember when Botterill was "the hidden hand" behind rutherford. then it was Guerin. Now it's ???

Jason Karmanos

or uh maybe JR is just inexplicably good at gming sometimes and incredibly awful at others

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
What the gently caress? I really liked Kahun. I don't like this deal by the Pens at all.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

He's RFA and Pitt probably can't afford to keep him with McCann, Murray, and Jarry all up for deals too.

Clearing cap and moving 1 solid player for Sheary (who I still like and rate) and Rodriguez who has decent fancies and helps push AHL players out of the line up.

Yeah upon reflection it doesn't seem too awful. I just feel about giving up on Kahun. I really liked him and how he fit.

But this certainly adds more depth to the lineup and Sheary has had success with Crosby in the past. So there's that.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

He only had like 10 points this season, he bad

Is Kahun a center? We needed a center really badly.

He doesn't score much but Rodrigues has good peripherals at least.

As for Kahun, he's not a center. Pretty solid winger who can play on any line though. Very smart player. Skilled too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Beefing up the depth with some prime Angus