Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'd like to think the CBJ's Deadline would be somewhat interesting, but Jarmo's hands are tied with a bunch of the team, including potential trade chips, dead, thus affecting depth pieces who might otherwise be moved.

Ever wondered reaction what HF-style trades would get from actual NHL team employees? Now, you can find out!

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1229758401258885121

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

He used to play for the Stars, IIRC.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Other than Pageau, or Namestnikov are any of those guys worth it?

Also is this s good draft to just have like 12-15 picks for?

I wouldn't mind getting Duke back, but that might be pricy given his sample size this season.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1230209310996692992

Sure.

Keith Mars posted:

There's some speculation Dillon picked Washington too. He's been a trade rumor target for a while now (UFA, sharks not making the playoffs, cap-strapped with way too much money on defense), and he broke down during the last post game when asked if it might be his last home game as a shark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbljWeZnyFE

Both Ryane Clowe and TJ Galiardi, despite not having any sort of NTC, were presented a list of teams with acceptable offers and they got to pick their destination.

These types of things are cool. It came out when it was apparent there wasn't going to be a spot for Gregory Campbell in Columbus, Jarmo tried to trade him to keep him in the league before he was forced to send him down.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Feb 19, 2020

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

How many teams is that for Future Considerations now?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

How many trades over the last few years have there been between the Sabres, Habs, Sens, and Leafs? It seems like there's one every couple years where somebody just switches Eastern Canadian teams or drives across the bridge to Buffalo.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Columbus feels like they are in a weird spot at the deadline. Half their roster is injured and their best player is out until at least the playoffs and (imo) are probably a bit lucky to have the points they have from riding hot goalies earlier in the year. They are obviously still in the race for at least a WC spot but I don't many would say they are better than the teams around them in the standings. They look like a bottom 10 team in terms of who they have healthy on the ice right now but also have a really aggressive front office so I sort of expect they to start gobbling up players again.

If Merzlikins doesn't find himself (in a BIG way) in the first game after Korpi goes down, this season is a tire fire at this point. As for more :words::

rex rabidorum vires posted:

They also gave up a TON of assets last year and lost Panarin. No expiring UFAs this year and they gain another 1.4mil in cap when Fedor Tyutin expires this offseason. If I'm CBJ I stand pat. See what happens and take a run at Taylor Hall in the offseason.

DJExile posted:

Jackets have a ton of cap space so they could take some runs if they really wanted, but yeah I feel like they're just gonna ride this year out at this point.

E: jesus christ, $30mil on IR :psyduck:

Bjorkstrand-Texier-Atkinson
Jones-Murray
Korpisalo

Dubinsky-Wennberg-Anderson
Kukan-

...are units/lines you could make from players on IR right now.

The feeling before Jones went down was they'd flip a defenseman (e- Murray, Savard, maybe Nutivaara) for some scoring help with term but, I mean... ^that^ is a slight problem. I could see Jarmo making a move for scoring help which is going to be around into the future as opposed to just a rental, but nothing spectacular. It's intriguing. I've wondered if Anderson might get flipped for another RFA (Athanasiou?).

It's true they have no UFAs, but several noteworthy RFAs (PLD, Gavrikov, Anderson, all three goalies) which will eat into the cap space a bit.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 21, 2020

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/status/1231749341976711168

Holy fuuuuuuuuuck.

e- Montreal retains 50% salary. :psyduck:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 24, 2020

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

DJExile posted:

God the metro's gonna be even more of a bloodbath these last few weeks

Sens/CBJ tonight is going to be be an AHL showdown, except only one team is intentionally fielding a minor-league roster.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

For those of us in the :911:, ESPN2 will air TradeCentre beginning at 2pm Eastern.

Anyone know how to watch it before then?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jovial Cow posted:

I feel like NHL network usually has it.

They usually have Sportsnet's coverage.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Damnit, now I'm going to be left wondering if CBJ couldn't have had Trocheck if the D corps hadn't been dead.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/1231968658781544449

Metrohellitan.

e- Thompson to PHI for a 5th.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

The difference between a 3rd and like an earlier 3rd or a 2nd is almost nothing, and if the plan is to sign Kovy in the summer, it makes sense.

It also can appear as a sweetener if they want to woo him back by giving him what he wants in the short-term.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Congrats on your very not good player Philly.

"I see your not very good player, and raise you a not very good player!"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/darrendreger/status/1231975486428995586?s=21
Imagine seeing Pageau get a 1st 2nd and 3rd and then re-signing Kreider lol. I guess the Rebuild is over.

Does this mean somebody else is on the way out of Broadway?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

AA and his desperation over many years. Strong Aliu vibes.

Show your work.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

For what it's worth athanasiou and Josh Anderson have the same agent, with whom Columbus is willing to deal with. Could have made that trade easier for them.

I suggested this to Porty for his "bad HF-style trades answered by actual NHL exec" story and he didn't pick it.

Also, I drafted AA in like NHL 14 so it was prophetic they'd get him.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:wtc:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The Dirty Burger posted:

Weird move for pitts, Kahun fit in well

TSN panel seems to think Buffalo won this trade.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

DJExile posted:

A lot of the rest of the division either has plenty of space (Lumbus) or were missing big pieces. The optimist (never be optimistic) way to look at it is to say they're pretty happy with what they've got.

CBJ has both space and missing (lots of) pieces, which is part of the problem. Once Jones went down, their ridiculous defensive depth was injured to the point where a guy like Ryan Murray or David Savard wasn't expendable anymore.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Is the guy on the right side of the table with Gerard Gallant Rene BORK?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNHL/status/1232031679558103043

Jarmo's furiously adding words to his essay just before he has to turn it in.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ray Ferraro's going to gently caress somebody at TSN up for using that music.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/markscheig/status/1232034420724465664

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/icemancometh/status/1232038808654237696

THE TRADE IS ONE-FOR-ONE.

https://twitter.com/cam394/status/1232036097225613313

Wheel snipe celly, boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

What the hell is the point of this?