Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Levitate posted:

Kreider is their biggest asset and in many ways it'd be awesome if they could keep him because of what he brings beyond scoring...his speed in the offensive zone is an aspect that isn't talked about that much and let's him pressure D and other players much quicker than they're expecting. He's big and works the boards well, he's excellent in front of the net screening and deflecting shots, he's just a very good player but if you keep him you gotta know you're going to eat some painful years down the line and depending on the return it's probably better to sell.

He's also a huge shithead, which makes him even more valuable in the playoffs when the DOPS goes on vacation for the summer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The VGK brass will be the last people on Earth to admit VGK has a goaltending problem, much less think about making a trade to solve it.

I have a hard time imagining Lundqvist getting traded:

First, a team has to be a potential contender except that their goaltending is such a disaster that just-about-done Lundqvist would be a big upgrade.
Second, the cap space has to work (tricky, even assuming NYR eats a bunch)
Third, Lundqvist has to accept a trade there (so not Carolina, not Columbus, not Edmonton, probably not Philly)

I dunno. It kinda feels like Maple Leafs or bust, unless MAF gets hurt and makes VGK desperate. But I'm not sure how those teams could make it work taxwise and also not even sure Lundqvist would accept a trade to either of them.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 20, 2020

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

How many goalies do the Rangers need

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

OldSenileGuy posted:

I hope it's a move, but I don't really know what to do with him at this point. The market keeps shrinking now that Boston and Pittsburgh no longer have their firsts to trade. I don't want to get stuck in a 7x7 contract with CK just because the trade return was underwhelming.....but I also don't want the trade return to be underwhelming.

Just keeping him and letting him walk this summer is an option.

They’re not totally out of the playoff question yet, so if they can’t get a decent return they can stand pat.

I assume the Ducks are doing the Bruins a solid with some understanding of a favor being owed.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

To patch up the Penguins' recent problems with playing atrocious defense, Rutherford is looking to shore up the team with, uh... *checks notes* .....Patrick Marleau?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I was just thinking to myself that the Penguins need to get way older and way slower up front, thank god Rutherford sorted that out by acquiring the very oldest and very slowest player in the NHL.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Marleau is finished.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Marleau is a nothingburger either way but I wish the Penguins would quit handing out decent draft picks like they have no value. Marleau isn't worth anything more than like a 5th.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

If the Pens win the cup again I don't give a poo poo if San Jose gets a 2nd

But they probably won't and San Jose still gets a 3rd, in exchange for basically nothing.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

They have as good a chance as anyone if they're healthy

Agreed, but any one team is unlikely to win the Cup in any one year, regardless of how good they are, winning the Cup is hard.

Regardless a 3rd is way too much for Patrick Marleau's corpse.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

"bad experiences with Ken Holland" = "doesn't trust Holland won't hire Mike Babcock"

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Congrats to Kreider on a successful Contract Year

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Glambags posted:

Ok but is there an nmc/ntc

lol of course there is

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

myron cope posted:

Why Marleau though

Veteran Leadership

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Didn't the Avs just re-sign their backup goalie like 3 days ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

myron cope posted:

I would prefer they didn't

I have hope at least that Marleau gets played at his actual position unlike when Iginla came to Pgh

I don't really care either way about Marleau's corpse (and I get that the Penguins have no cap space so any depth they add had to be making near the minimum, which Marleau is) but a 3rd is a bad overpay for a guy that can't really play anymore.