Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

I revaluated and came up with I should have pushed you harder yesterday since the guy we killed instead of you was town.

Just feels like your scum game, you threw shade all over including on Sandwolf but then left your vote in a safe worthless place based on a terrible incorrect meta case. You haven't felt like you are invested in any read you've made and that isn't really your MO as town

Talking about incorrect meta cases, you know I control the game as scum. I didn’t do that yesterday. I hunted and pecked around, landing on you.

I don’t really understand your case. It seems fake because I know you don’t believe this is how I play scum, especially with the hambeet kill choice on top of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hal also is never this confident about a read as town. This is his scum game.

##vite Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

drat merk I can’t believe you vite’d me

It’s true you wouldn’t normally kill hambeet but maybe you didn’t care what your scumbuddy did

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Hal Incandenza posted:

drat merk I can’t believe you vite’d me

It’s true you wouldn’t normally kill hambeet but maybe you didn’t care what your scumbuddy did

Naw, that right there is false. I've been in a scum chat with Merk and he will push hard to get what he wants.

##vote hum

I like my case on them about their activity around ETR.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

Just feels like your scum game, you threw shade all over including on Sandwolf but then left your vote in a safe worthless place based on a terrible incorrect meta case. You haven't felt like you are invested in any read you've made and that isn't really your MO as town

this expresses most of the weirdness i feel about merk, though i admittedly havent seen his scum game but also

Hal Incandenza posted:

this seems like a weird line of reasoning???

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

4 votes to execute with 2 scum alive so im gonna be real careful about putting my vote anywhere

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

Talking about incorrect meta cases, you know I control the game as scum. I didn’t do that yesterday. I hunted and pecked around, landing on you.

I don’t really understand your case. It seems fake because I know you don’t believe this is how I play scum, especially with the hambeet kill choice on top of it.

This feels like someone frantically waving and yelling “see how I’m NOT doing this????”

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

Naw, that right there is false. I've been in a scum chat with Merk and he will push hard to get what he wants.

##vote hum

I like my case on them about their activity around ETR.

The case everyone else disagrees with?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in dont necessarily agree with amni's case (or understand what case he's actually talking about), but i do agree with his take that humalong may possibly be scum.

ive been feeling a way about him since d1, but humalong isn't a player you can just "have gut feels" about without solid reasons, since he's legit an incredible asset to town. the thing is, i still dont have those reasons, but the gut feels are still there. this is a small, highly vanilla game, which means im out of my comfort zone, but i think now's a good time to lay my cards on the table and say im suspicious of humalong

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*i dont

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

in dont necessarily agree with amni's case (or understand what case he's actually talking about), but i do agree with his take that humalong may possibly be scum.

ive been feeling a way about him since d1, but humalong isn't a player you can just "have gut feels" about without solid reasons, since he's legit an incredible asset to town. the thing is, i still dont have those reasons, but the gut feels are still there. this is a small, highly vanilla game, which means im out of my comfort zone, but i think now's a good time to lay my cards on the table and say im suspicious of humalong

Well this is a complete 180 from your stance day 1

What an interesting turn!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dmboogie posted:

anyway this means the setup is one of these two

B1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Tracker, Town Friendly Neighbor, 5x Town Vanilla
B2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Friendly Neighbor, 5x Town Vanilla

this is important. the only difference between the two is that we either have a town jailer or a tracker.

ideally, in my opinion, we have a tracker, because we know for a fact scum has a rolecop which means we can reasonably assume they are both visiting someone at night, so if the tracker sees ANYBODY else visit anyone, then the tracker can instantly know without any doubt that the person they targeted is scum, and if they saw someone visit nobody, then *most likely* (unless scum withheld the rolecop) the tracker can know they targeted town. WAY more useful than jailer so i'm hoping for that.

if we have a jailer instead though, i guess its more powerful in a smaller number of situations by blocking kills and simultaneously cluing that whoever they targeted (when theres a blocked kill) has 50/50 chance of being scum. my suggestion to the jailer, which should be obvious but whatever im saying it anyway: jail a different person every night. youre the last town power role, so theres no one to really try protecting. eventually you'll either successfully block a kill, or the game ends first. also, pay close attention to the person you targeted n1 because not only do you know they werent the scum goon, but you also know they weren't targeted by scum, which means there's a chance they're the scum rolecop. just something to keep in mind.

my suggestion to the vanilla towns out there: try to figure out on your own who might be the tracker, because we dont want them to feel like they need to ever claim, and crossing someone off the scumlist is really valuable in this small game. we know that unless they targeted hambeet last night, the tracker *definitely* basically copped someone, so a sudden change in reads might... you know.

and tracker, youre our cop now. dont gently caress it up lol

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

that was a nice motivational speech steak :unsmith:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

This feels like someone frantically waving and yelling “see how I’m NOT doing this????”

It’s me trying to understand where he’s coming from and falling very short.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

The case everyone else disagrees with?

That's a really interesting defense there. And it makes me secure with my vote.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hal, you never actually made a case on me. What is the case?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

merk (2): Hal Incandenza, Eat The Rich
Mr. Humalong (1): Amnistar

Not Voting (4): dmboogie, merk, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 03rd, 2020 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 14 hours.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm going to look at the d1 deadline some when I get back from a doctor's appointment.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Well, d1 deadline wasn't that complicated. The only thing I got from it is that I don't think Humalong is scum. Him putting his neck out to lynch Sandwolf over me when both of us are town is not a play scum I think would need to make. It puts too much heat on him when Sandwolf flips town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hal voting me today saying he's "sure" of it with no case and a refusal to re-evaluate the game even in spite of evidence that this isn't my scum game (hambeet nightkill) is my best case right now.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

That's a really interesting defense there. And it makes me secure with my vote.

Yeah no need to bother casing anyone else today

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah no need to bother casing anyone else today

Scum team is you and ETR.

There are only 2 scum, and I've got my 2 slots filled out.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

If I end up being wrong, then of course I'll revisit the thread. And if something happens that warrants changing my mind, I will.

But I'm not going to case people when I already have 2 people I find suspect.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

If I end up being wrong, then of course I'll revisit the thread. And if something happens that warrants changing my mind, I will.

But I'm not going to case people when I already have 2 people I find suspect.

did you ever case etr....?

why are they scum?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, re-evaluating and strengthening cases is a thing. if people arent seeing things in your case, then its your job as concerned town to make a better case to convince the other townies to vote for scum. one townie happening to be right doesnt make town win

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
now that im looking, amni, you've barely said anything about humalong either. what's with the "ive already done my casing" attitude?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

now that im looking, amni, you've barely said anything about humalong either. what's with the "ive already done my casing" attitude?

Humalong's defense of ETR reads as scum trying to keep a scum buddy from being Cuddled. Pretty sure I talked about this already with Merk.

ETR is posting the same way they did in the cult game where they were cult.

I have no qualms revisiting my cases, and did so, my conclusion was the original cases are still valid.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If Humalong is scum, ETR being his buddy isn’t a bad read next. But what if Humalong isn’t scum?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

merk posted:

If Humalong is scum, ETR being his buddy isn’t a bad read next. But what if Humalong isn’t scum?

I'd be looking at steak next, probably.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

Humalong were you bussing steak early? Both of you are at the top of my scum list

I like Hal and Steak, but it’s a if Hal, then Steak.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

Steak is definitely different but he also gets killed all the time and yelled at for posting too much nonsense so I wonder if he's just adjusting.

Still I think he's an ok vote today, along with merk and humalong although I'm cooling on hum

Post 2 for the distancing / defense.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

I like Hal and Steak, but it’s a if Hal, then Steak.

um, i'm still sus on hal from before so i'm not a big fan of this take

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

um, i'm still sus on hal from before so i'm not a big fan of this take

Cool. Let’s vote Hal then.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ETR is still high on my list along with Steak

Gonna reread Hal when I get home. Running errands on this, my Saturday

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

this is important. the only difference between the two is that we either have a town jailer or a tracker.

ideally, in my opinion, we have a tracker, because we know for a fact scum has a rolecop which means we can reasonably assume they are both visiting someone at night, so if the tracker sees ANYBODY else visit anyone, then the tracker can instantly know without any doubt that the person they targeted is scum, and if they saw someone visit nobody, then *most likely* (unless scum withheld the rolecop) the tracker can know they targeted town. WAY more useful than jailer so i'm hoping for that.

if we have a jailer instead though, i guess its more powerful in a smaller number of situations by blocking kills and simultaneously cluing that whoever they targeted (when theres a blocked kill) has 50/50 chance of being scum. my suggestion to the jailer, which should be obvious but whatever im saying it anyway: jail a different person every night. youre the last town power role, so theres no one to really try protecting. eventually you'll either successfully block a kill, or the game ends first. also, pay close attention to the person you targeted n1 because not only do you know they werent the scum goon, but you also know they weren't targeted by scum, which means there's a chance they're the scum rolecop. just something to keep in mind.

my suggestion to the vanilla towns out there: try to figure out on your own who might be the tracker, because we dont want them to feel like they need to ever claim, and crossing someone off the scumlist is really valuable in this small game. we know that unless they targeted hambeet last night, the tracker *definitely* basically copped someone, so a sudden change in reads might... you know.

and tracker, youre our cop now. dont gently caress it up lol

Steak put a ton of effort into this post but not much effort into scum hunting. I'm biased on him because I think it's Hal->Steak, but this rises him up in my list generally too.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

That post is the reason I would turn to steak if hum isnt scum.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Counterpoint: anyone know what my meta is when I'm town?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

In my experience you post your role pm ;)

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Amnistar posted:

In my experience you post your role pm ;)

Don't tempt me with a good time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Amnistar posted:

Humalong's defense of ETR reads as scum trying to keep a scum buddy from being Cuddled. Pretty sure I talked about this already with Merk.

and I still say hum's ETR on Day 1 was obviously ooc-motivated due to inviting them to play this game, and they gave up on that near the end of the phase