Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
dmboogie, what do you think of Hal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

merk posted:

dmboogie, what do you think of Hal?

read through his post history and i feel like theres not much there

aside from some early day 1 flailing on steak/hum that he's abandoned, the only case he's consistently pushed has been against you.

also notable is that at the end of day one he flip flopped between you and sand, jumping onto sand's train for no real reason and then quickly jumping back onto you

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sorry buddy I'm out at a dinner and not paying enough attention. ##vote merk

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well Sandwolf does not even seem to be into saving himself so I will just hammer in a couple minutes unless something radical happens

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ok ##vote Sandwolf

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sorry Sandwolf, I get your frustration.

##vote merk for sure

this sequence of events seems really wishy-washy to me? but like, I do agree with some of the points he's making against you

in conclusion im pretty sure either one of Hal/Merk is scum, I was leaning towards Merk for a long time but I think I'm back in the middle now

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

Steak put a ton of effort into this post but not much effort into scum hunting. I'm biased on him because I think it's Hal->Steak, but this rises him up in my list generally too.

Amnistar posted:

That post is the reason I would turn to steak if hum isnt scum.

this is annoying. think about if etr rolled a town power role and overlooked something about its implications? im not calling etr dumb, but making an effortpost to put "objectively true" things out in the open clearly is suspicious, just because there's a lack of subjective reads therein?

ive still made far more substantial scum reads than, for example, amni. even though he's been showboating about how confident he is in his reads, and mine have been more feels-based and ive been less in-your-face about it, that doesn't translate to "steak isnt putting effort into scumhunting." i have evidently been thinking about scumhunting more than some other posters.

i dont mean to only throw shade on amni. humalong and hal have also been coasting by on posts that look like theyre taking scumhunting seriously but arent actually saying much. merk, you've been doing wel in that regard but i really dont like the shortsightendness of your posts about me.

as for dmboogie and etr, theyve posted even less about scumhunting. dmboogie is naturally the worse offender of the two because he's posted more in general.

my bottom line: i absolutely have not been a stand-out "lack of scumhunting" poster, so why in the world would the existence of an effortpost about the setup make the rest of my posting worse...?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
WHO IS SCUM AND WHY, STEAK

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote steak

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You spent ten minutes typing out why the thing we said about you is unfair but didn't make an actual read or case worth a god drat.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

You spent ten minutes typing out why the thing we said about you is unfair but didn't make an actual read or case worth a god drat.

neither have you???

you've decided on a scumteam and are sticking to it. that's not "a case worth a drat" it's page 1 of the scum playbook.

i've decided to talk out my opinions and come around naturally on who's scum, rather than choosing "who scum" and finding my way backwards from there

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

literally half the post was low-key calling half the game scummy. do i really have to flatly accuse people to be taken seriously?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

i think there is value in steak's mechanics-focused posts, like the effortpost he did, but

Mr. Steak posted:

literally half the post was low-key calling half the game scummy. do i really have to flatly accuse people to be taken seriously?

low-key calling half the game scummy isn't very helpful on its own imo. like, you can do it, but you should try to isolate specific targets, that you want us to vote for

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

neither have you???

you've decided on a scumteam and are sticking to it. that's not "a case worth a drat" it's page 1 of the scum playbook.

i've decided to talk out my opinions and come around naturally on who's scum, rather than choosing "who scum" and finding my way backwards from there

I'm not unvoting Steak.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dmboogie posted:

low-key calling half the game scummy isn't very helpful on its own imo. like, you can do it, but you should try to isolate specific targets, that you want us to vote for

that's valid.

i'd be comfortable voting hal or hum at the moment. which also kind of sucks because i've got one prolific poster saying he'll gun for me after hal, and another prolific poster saying he'll gun for me after hum. i dont want to deal with either of them going after me, cuz im pretty bad at defense against their style of brute-force scumhunting.

(yes these are thoughts i would have identically as scum too. though i wouldnt be so open about it as scum)

nevertheless, i still think one of the two is scum. i'm leaning toward humalong because, well, i always lean towards where thread as a whole seems to be leaning away from, cuz im paranoid of scum leading thread by the nose. but i wouldn't be upset to vote hal either.

most scummy besides them..... i mean, im getting sus of merk for probably just omgus reasons. like, i feel like he should know better than some of the things he's said, but im trying to keep myself subjective and remind myself he doesnt know im town like i do. (i mean, if he's scum he does, but i trust you know what i mean)

on a next level less-scummy, dmboogie has been a little suspiciously nice? heh, its not a strong read but im aware of the possibility of buddying.

less scummy is etr. some weird vibes, but easily can be chalked up to noob stuff. theres nothing nearly incriminating enough for me to want to vote him today

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

im just here for a good time

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Hal

Let's see you put your money where your mouth is, Steak.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

##vote Hal

Let's see you put your money where your mouth is, Steak.

i mean, sure ##vote hal

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Can we get this guy to -1?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
CALLING ALL VOTERS

LOOKING FOR -1 HERE

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

merk posted:

Can we get this guy to -1?

why specifically do you want him to be at -1 and not -2

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Because this game isn't going to go anywhere until that happens, we get a claim, we get reactions, we do things.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I'd rather vote steak than Hal. Their first post started it, with their weird buddying up to me:

Mr. Steak posted:

i dont mean to only throw shade on amni. humalong and hal have also been coasting by on posts that look like theyre taking scumhunting seriously but arent actually saying much. merk, you've been doing wel in that regard but i really dont like the shortsightendness of your posts about me.

And then in their list of plays from most to least they leave me off?

I'm just getting the feeling of scum buddying up to me to use me as the 1 town vote that scum need tommorrow to win the game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amnistar posted:

I'd rather vote steak than Hal. Their first post started it, with their weird buddying up to me:

I'm just getting the feeling of scum buddying up to me to use me as the 1 town vote that scum need tommorrow to win the game.

Then vote Steak! Go hog wild!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

merk posted:

Then vote Steak! Go hog wild!

I'd prefer hum to steak. So I like my vote where it is right now?

Like my preference is
Hum->ETR->Steak

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok!

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

merk posted:

Because this game isn't going to go anywhere until that happens, we get a claim, we get reactions, we do things.

yeah fair

##vote hal

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

oops! you're right. you belong between merk and dmboogie. closer to merk than db.

mainly for your overzealousness and trying to lead thread, but its lowered by the fact that scum would probably be more careful

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Merk is seeming far less scummy to me now that he's laying down some good cases

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote hum

3-way tie is better for content than someone hammering

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Ah poo poo forgot to ##unvote

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Eat The Rich posted:

Merk is seeming far less scummy to me now that he's laying down some good cases

yeah merk's day 1 play is still hella suspect to me but this feels more right

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i feel like im going crazy. where are these great merk cases people are seeing? all i can find are posts defending himself with his own meta (something that usually gets me called out and lunched) and a bunch of posts calling hal scum for being wrong about merk (transparently an omgus that nobody is calling out...??)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

i feel like im going crazy. where are these great merk cases people are seeing? all i can find are posts defending himself with his own meta (something that usually gets me called out and lunched) and a bunch of posts calling hal scum for being wrong about merk (transparently an omgus that nobody is calling out...??)

My Hal case requires me to opine on my own meta because Hal is trying to say this is my scum game when he knows it is not.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I reread Hal and it feels empty

devoid of all honest content

like a scum, trying to contribute

##vote hal

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I did not read that gigantic mechanics post from Steak, though

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal > boogie > steak > amnistar in descending order of likely scum, imo

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

Hal > boogie > steak > amnistar in descending order of likely scum, imo

legit forgot ETR is still alive, put him behind steak and ahead of amnistar

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Votecount for Day 2

Hal Incandenza (3): merk, Mr. Steak, dmboogie, Mr. Steak, Mr. Humalong
Mr. Humalong (2): Amnistar, Mr. Steak
merk (1): Hal Incandenza, Eat The Rich, Eat The Rich
Mr. Steak (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (1): Eat The Rich

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 03rd, 2020 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dare you to nightkill me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk I am glad you have now shifted into what you yourself say is your scum meta, trying to take control of the game with loud but empty cases rather than your lazy D1 scum play

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

I reread Hal and it feels empty

devoid of all honest content

like a scum, trying to contribute

##vote hal

probably the other scum or else just completely wrong about everything in the game.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I don't think Hum is scum. I'm leaning town on Steak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

And as much as Amni tried to kill me D1, I think he's town too.