Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
I know he was on his deathbed and all, but I think a quick tip like "the Emperor can shoot motherfucking electricity out of his fingers and it hurts like a bitch, so watch out for that" was well within his verbal facilities at the moment and could have been helpful for Luke to prepare for his fateful confrontation with the Sith lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Should have really taught him that lightning catching trick he used in episode 3. Whoops!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The will of the force was that luke get shocked a bunch and the resulting guilt would spur Anakin into his redemption ergo suffering is good OP.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Was he supposed to bring faraday cage or something?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 245 days!
"he'll pretend to be unarmed. that isn't how sith lords work. he isn't unarmed unless you literally cut his arms off."

except with yoda syntax

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational Emperor :byoscience:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 245 days!

Mooey Cow posted:

Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational Emperor :byoscience:

gently caress battle meditation they should just have a sith lord cut loose with force lightning on a fleet

blissfully unaware of the dwarf planet being jedied towards his battle cruiser

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Vader looked down at Bigger Luke, the electricity cracking across his skin.
Luke could hear Vader's voice in his mind:
"Luke, my son," he said, "try spinning"

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Being a Sith is like 80% warming up yesterday's coffee with lightning.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

When the Emperor is all zapping Luke he's like, "Young fool. Only now - at the end - do you understand that I shoot electricity from my fingers. It's kind of my signature move and all. You will pay the price for your lack of vision!"

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I also like when the Emperor makes Luke witness through the window that the Rebel fleet has been led into a trap and certain doom awaits, Luke turns back to face him and goes "No."

And the Emperor has this split-second long pause like he's thinking, "What do you mean 'no?' I didn't ask you a question. Apple sure didn't fall far from the tree, this one," before going back into his sales pitch for the dark side.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Luke lost a lot of himself when that snow monster concussed him and then hung him upside down for hours

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

This all reminds me another one of my favorite moments is when Luke reveals to Leia that Darth Vader is his father and she gasps "Your father!" with this horrified look on her face and you can just tell she's thinking "I'm glad Darth Vader isn't MY father!"

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

reignofevil posted:

Luke lost a lot of himself when that snow monster concussed him and then hung him upside down for hours

star wars is the story of a farmboy who seeks comfort and guidance following the deaths of his foster parents, and ends up radicalized by a religious zealot who hires a mafia drug-runner to shuttle them both to an insurgent camp so that they can aid a guerrilla assault against the govts newest military base

then in empire strikes back, he experiences head trauma, exposure, tauntaun sleeping bag, swamp gas inhalation, kidnapping, the revelation that his entire understanding of his family/self is founded on lies, and dismemberment

really by the time we get to the throne room in return of the jedi, the emperor is just providing some electroconvulsive therapy to someone desperately in need of some sorta help

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

luke still needs to process his fraternally incestuous lusts and the emperor is trying to help in any way possible

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Squizzle posted:

fraternally incestuous lusts

Speaking of which, I always get a kick out of Leia informing Han that she doesn't love Luke THAT way at all because he's actually her brother and then she and Han kiss - and then Han gets this look on his face like it's dawning on him: "You kissed your brother?! Ha!" And he goes back to making out.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 245 days!
we can all be thankful that our father is not space hitler

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the people who raised luke got massacred by storm troopers and he found their dead killed skeletons in the remains of his childhood home

two separate substitute father figures pulled him into a fringe religious group and trained him as a soldier. he saw both of them die in front of him. one of them lied to him about his biological father

aforementioned biological father is darth fuckin vader, who also tries to pull him into a religious order as his own soldier. vader cuts him up and tries to murder him, then decides he actually loves luke, then dies, also right in front of luke

he finds out that hes been trying to bone down w his own sister

he ends up accidentally trying to kill his nephew or something. said nephew becomes hitler-two

luke has the most traumatic, unhealthy family life and its no shock that he retreated to an isolated monastery to squirt teal milk into his beard straight from the teat of a rocky mole-ostrich

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

tho his entire family is dead, luke finds some measure of legacy when satans granddaughter takes his family name

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Speaking of which, I always get a kick out of Leia informing Han that she doesn't love Luke THAT way at all because he's actually her brother and then she and Han kiss - and then Han gets this look on his face like it's dawning on him: "You kissed your brother?! Ha!" And he goes back to making out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-GPKo8q2Xc

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
"Block the Emperor's lightning with your lightsaber, you can. Drop it, you really shouldn't."

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

People always mock the obvious attraction between Luke and Leia as a source of ridicule but really it's actually a pretty accurate depiction of what happens during a long-lost sibling reunion, we should be more understanding :colbert:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cage Kicker posted:

Vader looked down at Bigger Luke, the electricity cracking across his skin.
Luke could hear Vader's voice in his mind:
"Luke, my son," he said, "try spinning"

Luke stands up, defiantly. He takes off his pants.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

People always mock the obvious attraction between Luke and Leia as a source of ridicule but really it's actually a pretty accurate depiction of what happens during a long-lost sibling reunion, we should be more understanding :colbert:

this is the pet pseudoscience theory of one notable crank btw

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
pre-prequel: force lightning is such a deep perversion of the force that yoda and kenobi may not have even been aware of it.

post-prequel: it wouldn't surprise me if yoda and kenobi just assumed there was no way luke was going to be able to take on the emperor anyway. like, they were worried about whether he'd be able to handle vader, no way the kid's gonna be able to deflect ol' palpy's finger sizzlers. just take out vader, the emperor will roast you, and then hopefully the rebs can knock down the emperor a little easier without him having a ~sith apprentice~ to lean on.

post-sequel: apparently nothing matters b/c the emperor can just resurrect somewhere else after being thrown down a shaft and then having the death star blow up around him? ???????

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Dagobah changed Yoda. I don't think he even remembered it. Look at the way he act compared to the prequels, constantly laughing, stealing microwave dinners, being all weird.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Chewbacca should've told Han Solo or Luke he was good friends with Yoda instead of never mentioning it once in 20 years

Han Solo: "I've been from one side of the galaxy to the other and I've never seen the Force"
Chewie: "I have no information one way or the other regarding this matter"

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

guy: jesus is real i met him when i was building houses in colorado

me: ok i believe you

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

thank you for listening to the story of my conversion

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Why didn't Luke just reflect the lightning back at Palpatine?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/HelloCullen/status/859049538149113857

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
To be fair, Chewbacca saw a goblin chop two soldiers' heads off. Telling Han about that isn't going to prove the Force is real

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Who What Now posted:

if I were Luke I would have simply not been shocked by the etc.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Anakin never met Chewbacca.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Who What Now posted:

Anakin never met Chewbacca.

I know he saw him on a security monitor

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

indigi posted:

if I were Luke I would have simply not been shocked by the etc.

directed by jj abrams

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

Who What Now posted:

"Take two lightsabers, you should. Reflect that poo poo in his face, they will."

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UUQIIOO8RM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctN5s8z3E8E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JV2x3p_Qn8

yoda could handle the lightning like a champ. total rear end in a top hat move not to tell luke the secrets of holding lightning

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Yoda never got very far training Luke at all, he bitches him out for it on his literal deathbed lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

After eating 37 olives from the jar standing in front of the fridge at 2:23 am, look as good, you will not