Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Roombas are the top of the end but they are pricey as gently caress. I've got a Eufy 11S and it does a fantastic job. You can schedule it using the remote control, it's not connected to the Internet so nobody is gonna hack your robot and make it vacuum your bitcoins, and it's dumb as bricks but, it's relatively quiet, it's low enough to go under all of my furniture at only 2.85" high, and it has a bigass basin for more than half a liter of bullshit.

It does okay with my two shorthaired dogs that leave my hardwood floor a horrible off tan of dander and fur. It runs for about an hour and a half. It does okay with lips, but it will get caught on wires - you'll want to cover them with a plastic thing or tape them down if you want to be tacky. It does like to kill itself by sucking in tassles on carpets, don't use tassled carpets with it.

It's not a smart robot vacuum, but it is a robot vacuum that works.

Further points in its favor: it's Anker which is a pretty respectable brand in electronics and they honor their 1 year warranty absolutely. I have a 16 month old who learned to walk by mounting the robot and walking around behind it. When it died for an unknown reason (I think it got a hair in the power switch, the new design has a condom over the switch), I told Anker. They asked for a video, so I sent them a video of a robot just sitting there, and they said "don't even bother sending that in to be refurbed holy goddamn is that in bad condition, here is a new one."

Edit: if getting your home automated and your bitcoins hacked is something you're actually into, the newer version, the 15C, is wifi enabled and you can voice your googles or alexa it or whatever.

All the Eufy things are like, $180-$250 as opposed to like 600 for a low end Roomba.

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Feb 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Cords you might need to put a rubber ramp over or tape down. They use two little brushes on the front to push poo poo under the main brush, and those will snag on cords, or sometimes they will wrap themselves up in them. It's not like, awful, I have cords on my floor, but sometimes you have to rescue them if they trap themselves is all.

They do a good job of not bumping into things normally and they won't drive off cliffs or ledges or whatever, but cords that they can pass over will sometimes snag up those brushes.