Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Thread for remembering lost fast food. The limited time only items that never came back (so no McRibs), the flavours that just disappeared or old better recipes for chicken nuggets.

First one I can think of is the Five Star burger from McDonalds. An oblong burger on a toasted wheat bun with peppery herb mayo. It wasn't great but it was weird and it was by the same branch of McDonalds that soon after made the Angus poo poo. So looking back it seems like the prototype for the premium burger at McDonalds?

Also the long spicy nuggets at Hungry Jacks. gently caress those were so much better than the lovely tempura things and the alright but still inferior chicken fries they got now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
can I mourn lost frozen trash food like hot pocket flavors here or no ???

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Sure

Hell chips and ice creams and the like too.

I miss these noodle chips that came in a bag with an exploding cartoon chicken on em. So good. Disappeared when I was like nine.

And Fruju tropical snow three flavour sorbet bars were the poo poo.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I liked the Hot Pockets "Subs" that were like huge and fluffy a lot.

Also Michelina's used to make a chicken caesar hot pocket off brand that was extremely good but I can't prove ever existed

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Taco Bell's Sangrita Freeze. Rest in peace you beautiful bastard.

dudeness fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 19, 2020

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
A long time ago Wendy's had a spicy bacon cheeseburger that was FANTASTIC.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Stroopwaffel McFlurry.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Rest in loving peace McDonalds Parmesan Chicken sandwich. You had frozen cheese on you twice when I ordered you but other than that it was great.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Ranchero chicken soft taco
Old Wendy’s fries
Crown-shaped chicken nuggets

Lost and lamented all.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
UK Burger King "King Fries", launched in the mid nineties with Mr Potatohead cross promotion off the back of Toy Story. Lovely crisp coating around always fluffy interior. I didn't spot when they changed but BK fries are poo poo now.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

UK Burger King "King Fries", launched in the mid nineties with Mr Potatohead cross promotion off the back of Toy Story. Lovely crisp coating around always fluffy interior. I didn't spot when they changed but BK fries are poo poo now.

Every time a chain makes a big deal over their new fries I think about this.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
KFC Rotisserie Gold from twenty-five years ago was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5vg5xIrYzk

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm a total whore for Halloween and god help me I loved the Halloween Whopper

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

RIP Quizno's honey ham sandwich circa 2003.

Youth Energy
Apr 5, 2007

Taco Bell killed off the double decker. It was a regular hard taco, wrapped in a soft taco shell with refried beans in between. The ingredients are all standard Taco Bell items, so why kill it off? Even if one person a year ordered it, it's not like you had to stock weird seasonal poo poo to make them.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
They weren't limited time, but the TB mexi nuggets were awesome and I don't understand why they were killed off.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Taco bell at one point had chipotles
What was that one from I think the flash? Movie that came out 7 years ago? Dare devil?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I miss the Fire Roasted sauce taco bell had. Used to mix that and diablo.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:smith::hf::smith:

I also remember having the McDonald's Arch Deluxe in high school. I think they marketed as being an adult burger. It had a sort of mustard sauce on it. I liked it.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

RIP volcano tacos, and the naked chicken chalupa.

Does KFC still have the double-down? I like chicken on my chicken.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Question, is this for foods that are intentionally limited time only, or are foods that were tried and just got pulled because they didn't sell.

I loved my $1 McDonald's Cheddar Onion burger.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Pre-emptive RIP on every Krystal product. At the McDonaldland hospice on it's way to the big Mac Tonite in the sky.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Waffle! posted:

RIP volcano tacos, and the naked chicken chalupa.

Does KFC still have the double-down? I like chicken on my chicken.

Waffle, the Naked Chicken Chalupa has already made a return at least once.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Korthal posted:

Question, is this for foods that are intentionally limited time only, or are foods that were tried and just got pulled because they didn't sell.

I loved my $1 McDonald's Cheddar Onion burger.

Yeah that's fine, this is a memorial thread not gonna quibble as long as it's gone and unlikely to come back. If you can't get it anymore, have no indication it's coming back and you miss it that's good enough for me.

Hell even if it loving sucked and you don't actually miss it but it's weird or funny and you think it'll be interesting to post about that's good too :justpost:

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVlRoO41_9Q

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

not a fast food but op said snack foods qualified for this thread as well, so, i would just like to say that i will never stop mourning the wavy tzatziki chips from lays that was part of their "global" "passport to flavor" line-up (read: unofficial olympics tie-in) a few years back

my only lingering hope is that they'll pull a similar promo for tokyo 2020 this year, but who knows, maybe the IOC caught wind of it after all :smith:

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Burger King's Grilled Sourdough Bacon Cheeseburger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFSS4RYmaZU

Basically just a Whopper on Sourdough with Swiss cheese and Bacon. It was fantastic.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I once bought some bags of Miang Kham flavored lays from an Asian grocery. They were insanely delicious, they were like Fruity Pebbles in chip form

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

A toffee apple slushy? God drat that sounds amazing.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Solovey posted:

not a fast food but op said snack foods qualified for this thread as well, so, i would just like to say that i will never stop mourning the wavy tzatziki chips from lays that was part of their "global" "passport to flavor" line-up (read: unofficial olympics tie-in) a few years back

my only lingering hope is that they'll pull a similar promo for tokyo 2020 this year, but who knows, maybe the IOC caught wind of it after all :smith:

gently caress. I forgot all about these until now and they really were amazing.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

A Sometimes Food posted:

A toffee apple slushy? God drat that sounds amazing.

It was a fantastic autumn treat that I thought would surely come back around the next year.

I was a fool.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Jalapeno double was extremely sick.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Wendy’s hasn’t brought the ghost pepper spicy chicken back in years now. I just want the sauce....

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tato posted:

Wendy’s hasn’t brought the ghost pepper spicy chicken back in years now. I just want the sauce....

My mouth is watering for some Ghost Pepper jerky. I tried to give my family a taste. (nope) Sure it is hot, but so yummy. Don't be scared and don't touch your genitals.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4QR-aisYeI

Motherfuckin HARDEE'S PIZZA POCKETS
I can only assume these were sold in their restaurants for about two days because I couldn't even find a picture of them, only the commercial above. I only remember having them once, on a (I believe) holiday road trip to visit relatives, but it was the perfect combination of tastiness and having an unrefined child's palate, and they're always in the back of my mind as the gold standard which pizza pockets should (but never will :smith:) measure up to.

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 26, 2020

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I think I remember having one of those once. Though I don't think I had as high an opinion of them as you apparently did.

I miss pre-Carl Jr's Hardee's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'd probably hate it today, but back then even a regular fast food burger was a rare treat and suddenly finding out pizza pockets existed was pretty magical.