Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Not sure if this left Australia but does anyone remember the Full Monty Smiths chips (I think they'd be a Lays in America)?

One of the most bizarre cross promotions ever but drat they were good chips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Anybody remember magic middle cookies from the 90s? Shortbread with a fudge center. Second only to mini middles, the mini version. Keebler you sons of bitches being then back :smith:

I remember :hf::unsmith:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Come back Sangrita Dew, I miss you so much.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I missed the beef canoe at TB and I sometimes think about what might have been

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Ben and Jerry's Dilbert Totally Nuts was one of the greatest concoctions, I still think about it from time to time and feel an ineffable sense of loss. Also taco bell getting rid of the grilled stuft xxl steak burrito, that's just some bullshit.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

This for all eternity. I miss volcano sauce SO MUCH.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

This for all eternity. I miss volcano sauce SO MUCH.

I do but my anus doesn't.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Ok I'm going to dig back deeply here because :corsair:

Circa 2002 when I was in college, McDonalds had an item called the Grilled Chicken Flatbread Sandwich:

Commerical: Extremely early 2000's commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ4QaFNwcAg

Doesn't look that impressive, but was loving bomb. The pro move was to put at least half your fries in the sandwich, and ideally add some vinegary hot sauce at home. With that in place, this was elevated from 'reasonably good limited time offer' to 'competes with middle-tier European drunk food kebab' which is pretty drat legendary by American fast food standards imo

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
To this day, I still find myself asking for Volcano or Lava sauce in the Taco Bell drive thru.

I could think hard and recall all the LTO sandwiches at various places, but I'm gonna trust my lizard brain on this one. Taco Bell, why you got rid of your spicy sauces?

Diablo sauce is okay, but it's not that spicy and the other flavors of a hot saus are really lacking.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
When I saw there was a post in here I immediately thought of the Volcano menu again. Then I clicked to see the new post and yep... there are so many of us refugees.

I don't like the Diablo sauce. Sure, it has some heat but no flavor. I go for Fire 100% of the time. It's a little spicy but tastes a lot better.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I'll get that mario cereal some day. It's always there in the cereal isle. I'll pick it up next trip to the store.

Oh yeah, the mario cereal. Eh I don't want to buy milk, I'll get it next time.

Hmm, I haven't gotten that mario cereal yet. But I already put cookies in my basket, I have my treat for this trip. Next time.

the mario cereal now appears to be discontinued :smith:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Space Race Riot posted:

Ben and Jerry's Dilbert Totally Nuts was one of the greatest concoctions, I still think about it from time to time and feel an ineffable sense of loss. Also taco bell getting rid of the grilled stuft xxl steak burrito, that's just some bullshit.

Ahh, you just reminded me of the late, lamented Dastardly Mash from Ben & Jerry's.

Yes, I am :corsair:

I also miss Popeye's in the eary 90s. While their total menu re-vamp was a good thing, we lost the best damned chicken tenders/nuggets and onion rings. The flavor/seasoning was unsurpassed and the breading was incredible...with what seemed like a final light dusting of flour. There was only one Popeye's within fifteen miles, and it was in a not-great part of Camden, NJ on Kaighn Ave.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
R.I.P. to:

* P.B. Maxx, the greatest candy bar of all time, apparently literally discontinued because the head of the Mars corporation did not really like peanut butter

* Hardees' Frisco Chicken, a fried chicken sandwich on sourdough with Swiss but also some sort of SAUCE that made it the best thing ever (gonna find out it was just mayonnaise I am sure, I was a kid O.K.)

* McDonald's Chicken Deluxe that appeared alongside the Arch Deluxe. Better than the McChicken. And oh my god I just realized that they also stopped making its amazing descendent the

* McDonald's Southern Style Chicken Sandwich, admittedly just a Chick-Fil-A ripoff but delicious

* Taco Bell's MexiMelt; no clue why it was any better or how it was any different from any other combination of tortilla, beans, and cheese, but it was

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Dr. Quarex posted:

* McDonald's Chicken Deluxe that appeared alongside the Arch Deluxe. Better than the McChicken. And oh my god I just realized that they also stopped making its amazing descendent the
The bun for those was superior in every way to the weak standard buns of today.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Dr. Quarex posted:

* P.B. Maxx, the greatest candy bar of all time, apparently literally discontinued because the head of the Mars corporation did not really like peanut butter

Still get cravings for these every time somebody mentions em :smith:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
The McDonalds Big and Cheesy. It was from the mid-late 90's. 4 beef patties, 4 slices of cheese. It was...perfect. Too perfect for this world.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Yakiniku Teishoku fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 20, 2021

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

PB Maxx was an S-Tier candy bar, they should really do a relaunch of it.

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

All of these have been mentioned already, but adding my F for the McDonald's Stroopwaffle Flurry, Taco Bell Grilled Stuft, and the Taco Bell Fire Roasted sauce.

I had one last packet of the Fire Roasted sauce sitting on my computer desk in memorium. Over time, it dehydrated or evaporated or some poo poo, the packet sprung a leak, and i had to throw it out. Live Mas, little sauce packet.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
I never knew the Stroopwaffel McFlurry was a thing; looks loving delicious. gently caress.

I miss Diet Mt. Dew Code Red. I've only ever seen it a handful of times.

Also, the golden chocolate Oreos (they were gold cookies with chocolate creme). loving loved those things, they pretty much ruined regular Oreos for me, and I haven't seen them in a couple of years.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm really worried for when the reaper comes for the Taco Bell mexican pizza because now nothing else uses the shell or the sauce (not . . .that every Taco Bell uses the sauce, at least some just use mild sauce which is a disappointment).

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

I’ve never had a Mexican Pizza because it looked bad when I was a kid and still looks bad now.

Is there anything pizza about it or is it just a tostada with red sauce and melted cheese?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Two tostadas. Also has meat and beans.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

I've never had the mexican pizza but it looks like a lovely version of a crunchwrap? I can see why someone might get this in the pre-crunchwrap era but why would you get it now when the crunchwrap exists and is :krad:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
As someone who likes both the Crunchwrap and the Mexican Pizza...

What the gently caress are you talking about? They're not really at all alike, a Crunchwrap has more in common with a Burrito Supreme than it does a Mexican Pizza.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I was on Mexican Pizzas when they were still called Pizzaz Pizzas in like 1986.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I miss being able to go inside the restaurant and sit down.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Thanatosian posted:

Also, the golden chocolate Oreos (they were gold cookies with chocolate creme). loving loved those things, they pretty much ruined regular Oreos for me, and I haven't seen them in a couple of years.

Wow, these are the main oreos I used to buy but I haven't bought any in a year. Just looked and they're not available anywhere I can find, even though my local grocery store has 3 full pages of Oreo types.

At least E.L. Fudge cookies still exist, they're pretty much the same thing.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Thanatosian posted:

I miss Diet Mt. Dew Code Red. I've only ever seen it a handful of times.

I used to drink this all the time when I lived in the midwest. Is it dead now? I miss it :(

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

Bold Robot posted:

I've never had the mexican pizza but it looks like a lovely version of a crunchwrap? I can see why someone might get this in the pre-crunchwrap era but why would you get it now when the crunchwrap exists and is :krad:
A bunch of my friends love the Mexican Pizza, and I don't understand. I'm with you, the crunchwrap seems better in every way.

That's another one: the breakfast crunchwrap with the gravy was a bit weird, but actually pretty drat good. Breakfast crunchwrap is definitely the stand-out on the Taco Bell breakfast menu, though.

Anonymous Robot posted:

I used to drink this all the time when I lived in the midwest. Is it dead now? I miss it :(

I haven't seen it in yeeeeaaarrrrs, but I'm on the West Coast and it was always rare out here.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Anonymous Robot posted:

It's extremely rare. The only time I've seen it was at a gas station up by Cedar Point and another one in like Kentucky during a vacation

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

I’ve never had a Mexican Pizza because it looked bad when I was a kid and still looks bad now.

Is there anything pizza about it or is it just a tostada with red sauce and melted cheese?

It's two crispy shells (more like chalupa than traditional tostada), beans, beef, melted cheese and a tasty tomato sauce.

Well, except when they're out of the tomato sauce, or the person making it just doesn't know how, then they put mild sauce instead. I usually don't order it at night because it's usually the mild sauce variety which I don't like as much.

Really, other than shape, it's pretty different from the crunch wrap though, at least as different as one Taco Bell item can be from another.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Motherfucking Baskin Robbin' Elevenaide Freeze from last summer -- a limited promotion for Stranger Things S3.

A frosty concoction of lemon sorbet, vanilla ice cream and i guess lemonade, blended together as a delicious thickshake.

I've managed to replicate it once and it's the perfect summer drink.

The Upside-Down Pralines and Cream (chocolate ice cream base instead of vanilla) was also good.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Rick posted:

It's two crispy shells (more like chalupa than traditional tostada), beans, beef, melted cheese and a tasty tomato sauce.

Well, except when they're out of the tomato sauce, or the person making it just doesn't know how, then they put mild sauce instead. I usually don't order it at night because it's usually the mild sauce variety which I don't like as much.

Really, other than shape, it's pretty different from the crunch wrap though, at least as different as one Taco Bell item can be from another.

there's something special about the two shells that makes the whole thing. it's kind of light and flaky in almost a croissant like way? maybe? I don't know, I'm a fan of it even though it's overpriced. I, too, will be sad when it inevitably disappears.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

TheAardvark posted:

can I mourn lost frozen trash food like hot pocket flavors here or no ???

A Sometimes Food posted:

Sure

Hell chips and ice creams and the like too.

Rest in peace, the most beautiful & perfect ice cream in the world -- Haagen Dazs espresso chocolate cookie crumble. :smithicide:

There really needs to be a coffee + cookies & cream ice cream combination.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Rest in peace, the most beautiful & perfect ice cream in the world -- Haagen Dazs espresso chocolate cookie crumble. :smithicide:

There really needs to be a coffee + cookies & cream ice cream combination.

https://www.benjerry.com/flavors/chillin-the-roast-ice-cream/pint

https://www.benjerry.com/flavors/brewed-to-matter-ice-cream/pint

Are alternatives in a similar lane.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Greatest Wendy's burger, gone but not forgotten. :911:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHxoCKU6WMQ

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

I appreciate your help, but brownie batter, truffles, and fudge chunks are gross.

edit: if I wanted something similar I'd just get some Java chip ice cream, which is good but not the same.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
I really miss the short-lived Pringles Select brand. The sun-dried tomato flavour was so loving good. Ketchup chips just aren't the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

sean10mm posted:

Greatest Wendy's burger, gone but not forgotten. :911:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHxoCKU6WMQ

speaking of wendy's, the bacon mushroom portabella burger is my favorite thing that pops up once in awhile. I haven't had one in years, though!