Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Thoughts and prayers to the Arch Deluxe, never forget :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

there's something special about the two shells that makes the whole thing. it's kind of light and flaky in almost a croissant like way? maybe? I don't know, I'm a fan of it even though it's overpriced. I, too, will be sad when it inevitably disappears.

You're correct, it's really the shells that bring it all together. They are definitely pastryesque. Please don't yell at me anyone reading this who goes to a Taco Bell where they burn it or they are stale.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Freakazoid_ posted:

Thoughts and prayers to the Arch Deluxe, never forget :patriot:

RIP to a real one. The Fish Deluxe in particular was my jam.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Arch Deluxe is still, to this day, the best burger McDonald's has ever made.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The Arch Deluxe was awesome. And the advertising was geared toward making it look like an "adult" sandwich so high school me felt like a big boy.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Q_res posted:

Arch Deluxe is still, to this day, the best burger McDonald's has ever made.

I miss that I never got try it :(

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Arch Deluxe was the Gabbo of burgers.

Now the McDLT, there is a true loss to the McDicks menu landscape

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

shadow puppet of a posted:

Arch Deluxe was the Gabbo of burgers.

Now the McDLT, there is a true loss to the McDicks menu landscape

stupid loving environment. They hosed us!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7radb0Vl9k

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

The McDLT is back, they just call it the Quarter Pounder Deluxe now. Except for the packaging it's the exact same thing.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Q_res posted:

The McDLT is back, they just call it the Quarter Pounder Deluxe now. Except for the packaging it's the exact same thing.

I always sleep on this. It's good but because they don't have the picture on the menu I forget it exists.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

They took it off the menu for a while, I think during the 1/3 lb burger era, and then brought it back super low key. It's pretty good ever since they went to fresh beef for the QP.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Q_res posted:

The extra cheese touches the patty its not the same.

Wikipedia claims that

quote:

"The McDLT was eventually succeeded by the McLean Deluxe in 1991"

I've never heard the McLean referenced anywhere ever in pop culture so anyone that wants to punch up their 4 minute open mic set is welcome to make the best of McDLT -> McLean humor when making a simile about generational failure of the 90's.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

YeahTubaMike posted:

Rest in peace, the most beautiful & perfect ice cream in the world -- Haagen Dazs espresso chocolate cookie crumble. :smithicide:

There really needs to be a coffee + cookies & cream ice cream combination.

This has the added modifier of cookie dough chunks, but otherwise it's that.

Mocha ice cream with crushed oreo swirls and cookie dough chunks

https://www.turkeyhill.com/frozen/ice-cream/frozen-dairy-desserts/double-dunker

I get it when Wegmans has that brand on sale, it's decadent. Great as it is, would be made worse if you put toppings on it. It is already "full" it doesn't need more cargo.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I just want cookies & cream ice cream but with coffee ice cream instead of vanilla, and it makes me sad that there are so many ice cream varieties that are ALMOST that. :smithicide:

edit:

WITCHCRAFT posted:

This has the added modifier of cookie dough chunks, but otherwise it's that.

Mocha ice cream with crushed oreo swirls and cookie dough chunks

https://www.turkeyhill.com/frozen/ice-cream/frozen-dairy-desserts/double-dunker

I clicked this link and while it wasn't what I was looking for, it did lead me to this, which is exactly what I'm looking for. :swoon:

vvv edit2: it's not the same! :mad:

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 12, 2020

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

YeahTubaMike posted:

I just want cookies & cream ice cream but with coffee ice cream instead of vanilla, and it makes me sad that there are so many ice cream varieties that are ALMOST that. :smithicide:

You could get some coffee ice cream and put cookies in it

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I miss Taco Bell's Chilito, aka the Chili Cheese Burrito. It was a greasy mess but it was satisfying.

Also Snapple Elements. Rain and Fire were amazing, but there were a lot of great flavors - towards the end of its life it felt like they were throwing poo poo at the wall to find a flavor that would take off. Ice-cold it was so goddamn refreshing it made you forget you had just walked half a mile in Texas summer heat to get a bottle.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
That reminds me that I miss Mistic and Fruitopia. I bet Fruitopia would have been amazing as a vodka mixer.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Fartington Butts posted:

Goddamn that looks amazing. It would be nice if we could get more crazy wasabi poo poo here in the States.

Came to this thread just to mention Buffalo Wild Wings "Wicked Wasabi" sauce.

Anonymous Robot posted:

I used to drink this all the time when I lived in the midwest. Is it dead now? I miss it :(

It was readily available in 12oz cans at Kroger until the pandemic but now it's never in stock so I haven't had any in over a month. It's still at Speedway (a gas station) in 20oz bottles if you get there quick enough.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 13, 2020

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

YeahTubaMike posted:

That reminds me that I miss Mistic and Fruitopia. I bet Fruitopia would have been amazing as a vodka mixer.

Ah, gently caress, Fruitopia! It was the best fake fruit juice.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Rewatching Psych and Lassiter just said he left a half eaten Enchirito in his car.

I miss it :(

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

TheAardvark posted:

Rewatching Psych and Lassiter just said he left a half eaten Enchirito in his car.

I miss it :(

Enriched burrito??

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Jenny Agutter posted:

Enriched burrito??

Burritanium.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yellow cake tortilla

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think about this sauce sometimes

Rip :(

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Kroger sells a generic of diet mt dew code red in 2L bottles sometimes. It's not quite the same, but it's drat good and hits the spot.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Kroger sells a generic of diet mt dew code red in 2L bottles sometimes. It's not quite the same, but it's drat good and hits the spot.

On the whole, I find the generic Kroger brand stuff to be really good with a handful of exceptions as you noted.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
gently caress, latest casualty of Coronavirus is all-day breakfast at McDonald's. o7

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

drat. McMuffins are one of the better items on the menu and it was great to have for lunch since I'm generally not in the mood for breakfast. Hopefully it'll be back.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Many years ago Pizza Hut had a thing called a triple decker pizza and it was so good :(

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

hakimashou posted:

Many years ago Pizza Hut had a thing called a triple decker pizza and it was so good :(

My god. It... it was patent pending.

Can someone find the patent filing? patents.google.com gives me nothing.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Wait a sec, only two crusts? No wonder the patent application got tossed, this loving thing is a fraud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVDY29Aew3U

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
I know this is supposed to be a memorial thread, but I love weird snack food, so I pick up a lot of stuff; it's mostly miss, but some of it is hit, and last weekend I picked up a package of the chocolate marshmallow Oreos. They are really loving tasty, highly recommend, get them while the getting is good.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Thanatosian posted:

I know this is supposed to be a memorial thread, but I love weird snack food, so I pick up a lot of stuff; it's mostly miss, but some of it is hit, and last weekend I picked up a package of the chocolate marshmallow Oreos. They are really loving tasty, highly recommend, get them while the getting is good.

Went to the store today and made it a point to look for this. No luck.

They had the carrot cake ones, which may be permanent now(??). Those ones are pretty good.

RIP Churro flavored oreos from last year.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

TheKingslayer posted:

I'm a total whore for Halloween and god help me I loved the Halloween Whopper

I wanted one of these but then they got pulled because it turned people's poo a disturbing green color.

I wanted the spooky burg and I also wanted spooky poop. :(

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

CannonFodder posted:

I wanted one of these but then they got pulled because it turned people's poo a disturbing green color.

I wanted the spooky burg and I also wanted spooky poop. :(

Classic mistaken "bug, not a feature" thinking, marketing should've gotten ahead of it :rip:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Did anyone else prefer the Wendy's "Ultimate Chicken Grill" to their current grilled chicken offerings?

Are there any restaurants left with good grilled chicken?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Taco Bell Bacon Cheeseburger Burrito from the late 90s was just spectacular. My child-heart was broken when it was taken from me. I remember helplessly grappling with the question of Why? Why remove something that was so unarguably good for the world??

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Does anyone remember when Nestle released a limited edition Drumstick ice cream with an all-chocolate cone? I don't mean a chocolate flavored waffle cone, I mean the cone was made of milk chocolate.

I vividly remember eating these things in the early to mid 2000s or so (and making a godamn mess of my hands, clothes), but I'm searching the internet can't seem to find any evidence they existed at all. Please tell me I'm not crazy.

Edit:
Also yes the Arch Deluxe owned

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 27, 2020

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
the arch deluxe owning bones was 100% down to the superior bun. Otherwise just a quarter pounder /w cheese and slightly different fixins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I just remember trying it as a kid and loving it and my parents goading me into writing "They should rename it 'Arch Delicious'" on a suggestion card