Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WEIGHS MORE?
This poll is closed.
JERICHO 68 71.58%
MOXLEY 27 28.42%
Total: 95 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I mean...

The best show in AEW Dynamite history? The best North American wrestling TV episode in decades? Is this the same text as last week? Does it matter?

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1230344011849904130

:siren: AEW DARK MATCHES NEED TO BE SPOILER TAGGED IN THIS THREAD :siren:
They can be openly discussed without spoiler tags in the spoiler thread if you wish

AEW Dynamite for 2/19 via https://www.f4wonline.com

Bad news the F4W guy mostly understood the show this week:

quote:

The tag battle royal kicked off the show.

THE YOUNG BUCKS WON A NUMBER ONE CONTENDERS TAG TEAM BATTLE ROYAL

Matt Jackson was the sole survivor. Both members of a team had to be eliminated, unlike a traditional tag team battle royal.

Jack Evans was tossed first. Private Party hit T-Hawk with the Silly String and threw him out. SCU was distracted by Dark Order's spokesperson and eliminated by Reynolds and Silver. Dark Order's spokesperson said that the Exalted One is coming, and told SCU to take note that Chris Daniels is not there. Raven was there in the crowd, for whatever that's worth.

The Bucks superkicked Reynolds and Silver out.

Luchasaurus hit a pump kick and eliminated CIMA. Butcher tossed Nick Jackson. Santana and Ortiz eliminated Private Party. Luchasaurus eliminated Angelico. Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus got tossed out. Orange Cassidy saved Trent from being tossed. Chuck Taylor and the Blade got thrown out.

The final five were Matt Jackson, Trent, Butcher, Santana and Ortiz. Matt and Trent did the Best Friends hug spot. Butcher tossed Trent. Matt hit a spear to Butcher through the ropes, eliminating him.

Matt vs. Santana and Ortiz was the final three matchup. Matt hit a double northern lights suplex, but got cut off. Santana and Ortiz hit the Street Sweeper. Matt hit a superkick to Santana, a superkick to an interfering Sammy Guevara, then a superkick to Ortiz for the final elimination.

KRIS STATLANDER DEFEATED SHANNA

Britt Baker was on commentary. She brought Tony Schiavone a skinny latte.

They began very slowly, trading holds. Then they went through a commercial break, still working holds. I think we went about 6 minutes without a bump.

The pace picked up after the ad break. Statlander hit a blue thunder bomb for a near fall. Shanna hit a top rope rana and a DDT for a two count. Shanna hit a low dropkick for another near fall.

The finish came out of nowhere. Shanna tried a tornado DDT. Statlander caught her, then hit her Big Bang Theory for the pin.

This was just a match. I think the idea was more for the in-ring to serve as a backdrop for Baker's commentary, but she has been much more entertaining in this role in previous weeks.

A video played, showing highlights of Nyla Rose winning the Women's title last week. A Nyla Rose promo is next.

Tony Schiavone interviewed Nyla Rose. She heeled on the crowd. She said she's the queen bee in this hive, no one can stack up to her, and she's only going to be a one-time champ, because she'll never lose the belt.

Kris Statlander and Big Swole came to the stage. Statlander pointed at Rose's title. Swole got in Rose's face and they did a pull-apart while Statlander just stood there.

Swole and Statlander have a ton of potential, but Statlander is number two in their rankings, while Swole is unranked. Why bother with rankings?

A Jeff Cobb video played with a recap of his introduction last week. Cobb vs. Moxley is up next.

Taz joined the commentary team for this match. I'm a fan of Schiavone, but Taz instantly became the best commentator at the desk.

Jericho, Guevara and Jake Hager entered and sat ringside, showing that they had tickets for the event.

JON MOXLEY DEFEATED JEFF COBB

Cobb hit an overhead throw, then a dropkick. They exchanged strikes on the floor, then Cobb slammed Moxley's face into the ring steps. Moxley rolled inside, then hit a dive. Cobb hit a series of clubbing forearm shots. During a commercial break, Cobb sent Moxley over the baricade, where Jericho stomped him and hit him with the title belt.

After the break, Moxley went to work on Cobb's left leg. Cobb responded with a Tour of the Islands. Cobb covered Moxley, but picked him before the three count. Moxley tried a dive off the post to the floor. Cobb caught him and hit an overhead belly-to-belly on the floor.

Moxley blocked a Tour of the Islands. Cobb blocked a Paradigm Shift. The finish saw Cobb hit a superplex. Moxley trapped Cobb's leg on landing, turning it into a cradle for the pin.

After the bell, Jericho, Hager, Guevara and Cobb started stomping Moxley. Dustin Rhodes entered to make the save, but fell victim to the numbers game.

The lights went out. Darby Allin appeared on the stage to a huge reaction, then came to the ring via skateboard. Allin ran wild, using the board as a weapon.

When the dust cleared, Jericho and Moxley were the last two standing. Moxley and Jericho traded a few strikes, then Jericho bailed.

This was an effective segment to build to the pay-per-view. Well done.

AEW WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: KENNY OMEGA & HANGMAN PAGE DEFEATED PENTAGON & REY FENIX TO RETAIN THE TITLES

This was a great, great match.

Page and Omega established the early advantage, using a series of tandem moves. The illegal man interfered liberally, aiding their cause. Omega hit a Kotaro Krusher and a you can't escape, aided by a standing shooting star press from Page.

Pentagon and Fenix began making a comeback before a commercial break. After the ads, it was Page and Omega back in front, until Fenix hit a tornillo to Page, then Penta hit a destroyer to Omega.

Fenix ran the top rope and kicked Omega on the apron. Penta teased a piledriver on the apron, but Omega blocked. Fenix hit a rana out of the ring to the floor on Omega. Page hit a dive off the post to Fenix. This was an incredible sequence.

Page hit a pop-up powerbomb to Penta. Omega hit a V-Trigger. Page tried a Buckshot Lariat, Penta moved, and Page hit Omega. This was a great tease for the big explosion that we all know is coming.

Fenix hit a tornillo to the floor on Page. Penta hit a Penta Driver on Omega for a near fall.

Omega was left to face both Fenix and Penta with Page down on the floor. Omega hit a V-Trigger, kneeing Fenix out of the air.

The finish saw Omega and Page hit Fenix with a combination V-Trigger and Buckshot Lariat, Page covered and pinned Fenix.

The Bucks ran down and helped Omega up. Page left the ring and drank beer with fans.

I can't say enough good things about this. Fenix and Pentagon are the best tag team in the galaxy and Omega and Page were every bit their equal tonight.

A video package played, highlighting the upcoming AEW action figure line produced by Wicked Cool Toys.

PAC vs. Omega in a 30 minute iron man match and Best Friends vs. Butcher and Blade were announced for next week.

A video package recapping the Cody vs. MJF feud played. The main event is up next.

The cage setup here was interesting. The bottom of the cage wasn't secured to the ring, so I don't think this thing is built for climbing. The truss supporting the cage can be climbed, as it's secured to the floor.

STEEL CAGE MATCH: CODY DEFEATED WARDLOW

Rules were pinfall or submission only.

Cody hit a high kick. Wardlow no-sold it. Wardlow hit a lariat, then lawn-darted Cody into the cage. Cody bladed along the hairline. Wardlow hit some clubbing forearms during the final ad break.

After the commercials, Cody made a comeback. He hit a Cody Cutter, then ten punches in the corner. Wardlow hit a low blow, then something resembling an F-5. Wardlow tossed Cody into the cage door, which swung open.

Arn Anderson approached the cage door. MJF tried to goad Arn into slamming the cage on Cody just as he did to Dusty years ago. Arn hit MJF with the cage door instead.

Cody hit a powerslam. MJF hit a senton for a near fall. MJF tossed Wardlow the Dynamite diamond ring. Cody hit a low blow and hit Wardlow with the ring.

On the outside, MJF started to climb the truss supporting the cage. Brandi Rhodes nailed him with a chair. Arn then threw MJF over the barricade.

Inside, Cody hit Cross Rhodes for a near fall, then climbed the cage truss, hit a moonsault, then covered Wardlow for the pin.

MJF retreated to the aisle. Cody climbed the cage and taunted MJF, then waved to the crowd.

They didn't do a ton here, but they accomplished what they needed to.

Thumbs up to this show. The women's division continues to be something of a cluster, but the rest of the show was very good with a mix of great wrestling and storyline advancement.

News
THE OFFICIAL AEW DOLLS ARE COMING!
The Jurassic Express is wrestling at Spring Break 4!
Dave said they are interested in Aramis

Upcoming Schedule
NEXT WEEK:
OMEGA VS PACK IRON MAN
BEST FRIENDS VS THE BUTCHER AND THE BLADE (WITH AND THE BUNNY)
MOX AND JERICHO WEIGH IN!

The Next PPV:
REVOLUTION
2/29 in Chicago!
MOX VS JERICHO
MJF vs Cody
DUSTIN (THE ONE WHO CAN SAY poo poo BUT DOESN'T WANT TO) VS JAKE HAGER
YOUNG BUCKS VS HANGMAN AND OMEGA
SAMMY VS DARBY

Links
Everything Elite Podcast the #1 podcast for the #1 promotion: https://redcircle.com/shows/everything-elite Everything Elite now has a weekly preview show!
AEW Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCFN4JkGP_bVhAdBsoV9xftA
Being the Elite Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC2V6TA0OqHr9BojcHz9az-w
Twitter https://twitter.com/aewrestling
AEW on TNT Twitter: https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT
Myspace https://www.myspace.com/aewrestling

Your First New Champions in AEW History the Second AEW Tag Team Champions:

Your Second AEW Women's Champion:

And finally, your first All Elite Champion:

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Feb 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this week's dynamite poster of the week, and friends, are not being named anything extra. but it is perhaps the proudest week in history to be dynamite poster of the week. congratulations to all who participated. and if you did participate, then you have been mutually honored.

1. CobiWann
2. Prokhor Zakharov
3. karmicknight
4. STAC Goat
5. coconono

Wendell
May 11, 2003

https://twitter.com/EliteNfcWest/status/1230328437958574080?s=20

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
did f4w change their recap guy.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Adrenaline, in my soul

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

blessed be bloody cody 2 intros

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK that last move.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Seams posted:

did f4w change their recap guy.

i don't know but they mixed up Santana and Ortiz so lol

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

we saw from mox/omega that cody did a 15 foot faceplant off of the tall boi aew cage onto what is essentially just wooden boards. madness

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
We got confirmation.

https://twitter.com/sammyguevara/status/1230329239498641409

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

he didn't even look!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
God drat that owned.

That was so loving good.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I felt like that was a PPV level show.

Also apparently there is an official AEW podcast starting tomorrow with Mox as first guest:

https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1230303605791416321

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I loved that Nyla segment, but the part of my brain that's completely fried from drat near 20 years of WWE bullshit thought it came off like they were really whitewashing Riho from existence

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

AEW baby!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

Adrenaline, in my soul

Every thought, out of control

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Metal Gear Cody shirt is up.

https://www.prowrestlingtees.com/cody-pharaoh-shield.html

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
AY EE DUB
AY EE DUB
AY EE DUB
AY EE DUB
AY EE DUB
AY EE DUB
AY EE DUB

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

:hellyeah:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i want to see a tournament to decide who faces moxley or jericho after the ppv. I like tournament. wardlow

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My gosh now that is what I call consistency. Great booking for 3 weeks in a row. This PPV has so much hype heading into it. I cannot wait

Shoutout to Nyla's promo. She came off like such a badass.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Really great episode, I think it's time to let the Lucha Bros pursue singles career's though. They're both awesome and will flourish alone.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

goddammit aew stop making amazing shirts that I want. if I bought every design I liked I'd have a closet full I think

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Oh god I forgot about the PAC/Omega iron man match next week good god

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

People like this rear end in a top hat deserve to be stuck with WWE like for twelve hours a week or whatever it's at now

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this web page was very slow for me during the show, but it's gotten better now that the show has been over for 29 minutes. i think the ratings will be 3.8

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

cody forever

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I watched Hot Ones and I'm angry at the scoring system and I feel bad.

And then I thought about AEW and I'm happy again.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

Your Second AEW Women's Champion:

She is such a babe.

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

all your prayers must seem as nothing

SUCH a good goddamn episode. This was a loving PPV.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I was worried with the amount of time that was left for that cage match but they told the story pretty thoroughly. I still would have preferred more time but it turned out pretty good. didn't feel rushed really.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That is one of the best shirts I've ever seen. Picked it up. My 2nd AEW one. The other one was also a Cody shirt lol.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

StarkRavingMad posted:

I felt like that was a PPV level show.

Also apparently there is an official AEW podcast starting tomorrow with Mox as first guest:

https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1230303605791416321

Aubrey and Tony Schiavone hosting it so that should be a good listen.

This was easily the best Dynamite yet and every week appears to be better than the last. I can't think of a better episode of wrestling TV front to back than that. Between the match quality, the booking, and the pace of the show, it was perfect.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Only got to see the second hour of dynamite but it was very good and the tag team title match was fuckin' amazing. One of the best tag matches of all time.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I just remembered the ending to the Mox/Cobb match and I am getting giddy again over the Darby Allin run in.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

She is such a babe.
excellent thirst trap game on socials too

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

She is such a babe.

this is just buzzing to Nyla.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

God drat, that is a cool loving shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Let’s see, whose opinion to believe on this topic, Twitter rando or...

https://twitter.com/willospreay/status/1230327411822092288?s=21