Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLTh4uVJduI

molecular modeling in cyberspace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

imagining that t-shirt right now, front:

WINNERS
DONT
DO
DRUGS

back:
THEY
JERK
OFF
:c00l:

my dad had an old t-shirt from his college days that he would wear while mowing the lawn etc that said

LIQUOR IN THE FRONT
POKER IN THE REAR

my mom hated it

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Sagebrush posted:

my dad had an old t-shirt from his college days that he would wear while mowing the lawn etc that said

LIQUOR IN THE FRONT
POKER IN THE REAR

my mom hated it

Beautiful

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

LIQUOR IN THE FRONT
POKER IN THE REAR

my mom hated it

that's where the gambling subforum's name
came from.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

whooooaaa black Betty, rambus ram

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

who want to get they rambussy upgraded

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I have a computer with one gig of rambus in it, check it out in my latest chost

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

RAMBUS: First Blood (from unrolled steel case edge)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

imagining that t-shirt right now, front:

WINNERS
DONT
DO
DRUGS

back:
THEY
JERK
OFF
:c00l:

yospos shirts that go hard

NoneMoreNegative posted:

RAMBUS: First Blood (from unrolled steel case edge)

ah, the blood sacrifice. i went prebuilt this last time, but it still got it's offering when i was checking a bad stick of ram

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

how have i not seen this before today. loving amazing.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Cathode Ray Dude stumbled on an amazing tech relic of the Y2K era which makes no sense in hindsight but which almost made sense at the time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT_-1TOyifc

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Achmed Jones posted:

i love the idea and nostalgia of cassettes, and i have a couple things that play cassettes. but i do _not_ want to actually have to listen to music on cassettes again. there's a reason the first money i spent on my 89 buick in high school was a cd player

similarly, there's part of me taht wants a minidisk player cus they look so retrofuture, but i know i'm just gonna end up using plexamp on my phone to listen to music anyway so there's no point.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Sagebrush posted:

LIQUOR IN THE FRONT
POKER IN THE REAR

my mom hated it

that is some strong dad energy

my dad used to mow the lawn in those tiny running shorts you got in the 80s/90s, and no shirt.

idk why because he just got completely covered in grass

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
those shorts lmao

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Achmed Jones posted:

oh dang i thought my garage stereo had a cassette player; it doesn't. idk part of me wants to fix that, part of me wants to never actually USE a cassette again

i have a couple of my favourite albums on cassette because they're cool to have and dirt cheap, also i got a mid-2000s sony micro hi-fi system that has a cassette player so i obviously needed something to play on it. i haven't fallen far enough to want to try repairing an old walkman though. yet.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

funy dad poo poo you just remembered

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

my dad used to mow the lawn in those tiny running shorts you got in the 80s/90s, and no shirt.

Oh yeah my dad also only wore that style of shorts as a swimsuit. Teeny little black polyester ones. He had like 10 identical pairs that he got in the 70s and when one would finally get too loose to stay up he'd pull out another from the pile like a cartoon character

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Sagebrush posted:

Oh yeah my dad also only wore that style of shorts as a swimsuit. Teeny little black polyester ones. He had like 10 identical pairs that he got in the 70s and when one would finally get too loose to stay up he'd pull out another from the pile like a cartoon character

i think they gave those out as a dad starter pack

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Beeftweeter posted:

only if you sign an affidavit that you will never possess a physique appropriate for them

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Beeftweeter posted:

did that also include the cheap papery painter's hats? my dad kept one for painting the house and would then go to the store for supplies wearing it, much to my mom's chagrin

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
funny dad poo poo i just remembered: when i was like 5 he bought himself a bicycle and decided to ride it home (it wasn't very far, probably less than a mile)

my mom had to go pick him up like 20 minutes later after he called her from under a tree insisting he was dying lmao

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

my older brother corrected this very important detail, "our neighbor called and said they found him under a tree", which, lmao

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

whooooaaa black Betty, rambus ram

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Before I was even a dad I took my old navy coveralls and cut the sleeves and legs off and had a lil romper I’d mow in. The busybody old guy across the street complained to the HOA but what could they do lmao. My ex hated it and she threw them out one day and I just switched to soffe shorts and a tank. When I was done I’d fill a kiddie pool with water and drink beer in it while cooling off in the Florida heat. Take a look at my pasty rear end you nosy fuckers

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Before I was even a dad I took my old navy coveralls and cut the sleeves and legs off and had a lil romper I’d mow in. The busybody old guy across the street complained to the HOA but what could they do lmao. My ex hated it and she threw them out one day and I just switched to soffe shorts and a tank. When I was done I’d fill a kiddie pool with water and drink beer in it while cooling off in the Florida heat. Take a look at my pasty rear end you nosy fuckers

this is the way

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

inori aizawa

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fart Sandwiches posted:

i’ve still got like five or so pairs of coveralls and one has been made into a romper. they’re still the best dirty work clothes i have and i wear them all the time on my gf’s farm when helping her with goats and such.

i wish i had some silkies i’d wear them more. instead i usually wear women’s jogging shorts.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Fart Sandwiches posted:

This is what living your best life looks like

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Fart Sandwiches posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybfi2GjKNFE&t=1s

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

this is exactly what i thought of too

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

thread is this now:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I remember my dad trying to do some "this is the proper way to do X" and absolutely loving it up so completely that it's basically put me off trying to demo anything ever

e: I wanna say it was "open a beer" or similar

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

idk why because he just got completely covered in grass
there's an 80s photo of my dad playing soccer in the back yard with me and it must have been after church on a sunday because he had changed into those exact shorts but he still had a shirt and tie on

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ahhhh, yes! Saturdays are made for dads! And dad's shorts

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

Ahhhh, yes! Saturdays are made for dads! And dad's shorts

i deal in dads and dad accessories.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
optimus keyboard

lol

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
more like ....

waaaaaait for it...

more like FLOPtimus keyboard lmao

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i deal in dads and dad accessories.

if you're looking for dad glasses try the top of your head! :xd:

anyways, all this reminded me of when we were little and my dad would flip breakers to do wiring, then explain what to do if it was still live, which sounded utterly terrifying to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Was the optimus the one with no lettering on the keys? That one was dumb too