Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Firesheep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Sony BMG initially denied that the rootkits were harmful. It then released, for one of the programs, an "uninstaller" that only un-hid the program, installed additional software that could not be easily removed, collected an email address from the user, and introduced further security vulnerabilities.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Poopernickel posted:

This is a right opinion

I would love to wear GNU shirts and poo poo, except for that loving gnu looks like if :goonsay: and :smug: hosed in the 70s.

I can practically hear it say "m'lady" every time I see it. It even has a literal neckbeard.

The GNU gnu is even worse than Tux in terms of mascots, and that's really saying something.

As good an excuse as any to repost this listing of GNU project logos. Tag yourself, I'm the two copulating turtles.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
code:
if (foo) {
  (bar ? win : lose)();
}

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Knol.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

nudgenudgetilt posted:

motherfuckin cgi-bin

mystes posted:

Luckily we no longer have a model where individual functions are spun up in response to http requests in 2022

EXCUSE ME this is called "serverless" now and it's actually extremely cool. :mad:

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
I'm Think Fjords.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
The Matrix was a film almost entirely about the awesomeness of phones.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

had a sony w580 and it whipped rear end

peak 2000s phone. java games. funky (yet really well made) slider mech. cloying proprietary adapters everywhere. still huge battery life

Expandable memory! Via Sony Memory Sticks!

And the proprietary headphone adapter (YEARS ahead of Apple) would fail after six months, every time, guaranteed.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

fart simpson posted:

it only takes 1, if its the right person

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
I also spotted that. I'm tentatively of the opinion that it correlates with the Ukraine invasion and Russia being cut off pretty seriously?

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Are the new Walkmen any good?

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Remember Knol?

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Beve Stuscemi posted:

resolutionin’

"Resolving" :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

well-read undead posted:

if (document.all) {
}

The naval mine at the bottom of the JavaScript iceberg.