Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

falcon northwest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

athlon 64 4000+ 4lyfe

miss when 90nm was bleeding edge

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i know this is a fairly dire situation but their reaction cracks me up

"poo poo! gently caress! uhhh...what? where do we...should I...you? gently caress!"

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

that’s why I live in a building made of the safest material known to man - wood.
:smugmrgw:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

what you need, when you need it

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Doom Mathematic posted:

Sony BMG initially denied that the rootkits were harmful. It then released, for one of the programs, an "uninstaller" that only un-hid the program, installed additional software that could not be easily removed, collected an email address from the user, and introduced further security vulnerabilities.
However, Mac OS X prompted the user for confirmation when the software attempted to modify the OS, whereas Windows did not.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

fragbox

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

yall didnt have simcity 2000? smdh

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

Somewhere between 1992-1995, I would say, I remember a commercial of Hulk Hogan advertising a certain pair of shoes. Inside the sole there was a drawer-like compartment in which one was supposed to keep small pieces of meat such as beef jerky or ham. This meat would be kept warm while they walked.

I have asked roughly 20 people if they remember this product, none of them do. Someone suggested that due to the outrageousness of the product, it's possible that I am remembering a spoof commercial from Saturday Night Live. That is most definitely a possibility. But I remember seeing this commercial on more than one occasion. Certainly my seven-year-old self couldn't have been having reoccurring dreams of Hulk Hogan shoes. Help me, Internet.

Here is a picture of what I vaguely remember it to look like:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

physX cards

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuY4FR-bmGY

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

taco talking

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

in the era of premium ringtones i was a hipster and/or snob about it and only used MIDI ringtones. sure, phones could play WAV files, but that just sounded like (garbled, noisy) music, not a telephone ringing. i felt that the electronic tones of MIDI files, in addition to being a lot more clear on a tiny phone speaker, were more appropriate for a ringer.

i had software to chop up MIDI files and extract certain tracks and configure them for the Nokia synth table and everything. hell, i probably still have MIDIs of the austin powers theme song and stuff sitting deep in an archive folder somewhere.
lol this is peak sagebrush

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

j o y c e posted:

shark is the same as dyson Lol
wat

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

google fiber

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

whoa

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

my grandparents installed a central vacuum system in their vacation house and i love how funky it is. there are outlets throughout the place you plug the hose of the attachment into, which connects to a central vacuum tank in the garage. it's unnecessarily complicated and extremely ineffective

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

chumby

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Progressive JPEG posted:

those corded telephone handsets on the back of airplane seats with a slot to swipe your credit card if you wanted to call someone for a dollar a minute
hell yea. i would love to read on how those worked. satellite I assume

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

streets of sim city :c00lbert:

game was terrible in an amazing way

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

lol

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

gabensraum posted:

whatever that GNAA troll group was who would try to have first reply to every slashdot post
"last measure"

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

the blogosphere

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

echinopsis posted:

he’s actually an epubifile it’s a subtle difference
:thanks:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

sony xplooood

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

majorgeeks

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

cheque_some posted:

were these the cool looking speakers?
they made speakers and car head units with this brand which was just absolutely ridiculous

i mean

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

FMguru posted:

they pioneered that with their printers - establish a reputation in the 1980s and early 1990s as making reliable and nigh-indestructible laserjets for offices, then trade on that reputation to sell junk-grade inkjets to consumers
remembering today when hp bought voodoopc to make $50 "envy" inkjet printers

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

ytmnd

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

home theater PCs

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

jonny just get a lightweight microatx case and then get a set of case straps. or go hardcore and weld a handle onto a microatx case.
holy fuckin lmao that xoxide is (a) still around and (b) still sporting its HTML website from 2005

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol drat check out the cases.

H;ell yeah

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

I'm the guy who's still mad that the library catalog doesn't have the responsiveness that it did when it was through telnet

holy gently caress I havent seen this interface in 25 years. the one at my library had a keyboard specific to it and ive always wanted to see pics again

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

yosposters when asked what they ate for breakfast this morning: “hmmm maybe…food? idk”

yosposters upon seeing a picture of an old printer: “August 15, 1992. Apple LaserWriter IIf. Ms. Blevins’ 4th grade classroom. 2 MB onboard ram. Tasted of strawberries”

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

this poo poo

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

magic leap

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

that time they made a game about 50 cent shooting arab people. that was the entire game